+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Spoilers

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    When I saw Dan and Don in the group shot at the end of the episode I thought, "were they really on this season???" It seems as if this season started a year ago!

For the record (and I am probably in the minority here), I am rooting for one of the members of the purple team to win. I actually like them. I have nothing against Irene and she has certainly earned her chance to try for the $250K, but I don't feel like I got to know her like the others. She has been so invisibe this season, which is a shame, because she seems like a really nice girl. I also have nothing against Jay, but I don't really like it when someone has been voted off and gets to come back and try again (on any reality show), so for me I hope he isn't top 3, even though he seems like a very nice guy as well.
    I know the Whinny Purple Girls too well and want neither to win. In fact I wish I could vote them off. You go Irene.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know the Whinny Purple Girls too well and want neither to win. In fact I wish I could vote them off. You go Irene.
    Agreed. Either Week 4, 10, or 16 they should have been split up. They have gotton by on people throwing weigh-ins and by the on-ranch alliance keeping them Plus they both whine whenever they don't win a challenge and when they think they might be separted like the whole game revolves around them. I hope Irene beats out both of them.

Is this going to be over yet? Is this coming week the finale?
    This season seems to have gone on forever, or at least 10 months.
    If so, I hope they bring back some of the former contestants. I always like to see the ones who have kept the weight off & have really changed their lifestyle even after the game is done. Those are the ones who are an inspiration.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Is this going to be over yet? Is this coming week the finale?
    This season seems to have gone on forever, or at least 10 months.
    If so, I hope they bring back some of the former contestants. I always like to see the ones who have kept the weight off & have really changed their lifestyle even after the game is done. Those are the ones who are an inspiration.
    2 hour finale May 24, 2011.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

You know I used to like biggest loser, but for me it's actually de-motivating if you're actually on a diet. I'm 180 now and 5 10' so not horrible but trying to go back to 165 is pretty difficult. I loose like a pound a week doing p90x and just took my first coke in 6 weeks (it was a special coke, imported from mexico so it was real sugar no HFCS). I'm not saying I want to drop 5lbs in a week like they do, i know it's all "fluff" water weight and beyond extreme dieting/ starvation and 5 hr a day workouts. It's just de-motivating watching the process, i mean really do they need ppl screaming into their face? (obviously they do, it's how they got that way) Just sharing, and I really miss chocolate (my fiancee works for Mars and I have literally 50lbs of chocolate in the living room).

This show is just so tiring to watch. I hope I don't watch this show next season.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    You know I used to like biggest loser, but for me it's actually de-motivating if you're actually on a diet. I'm 180 now and 5 10' so not horrible but trying to go back to 165 is pretty difficult. I loose like a pound a week doing p90x and just took my first coke in 6 weeks (it was a special coke, imported from mexico so it was real sugar no HFCS). I'm not saying I want to drop 5lbs in a week like they do, i know it's all "fluff" water weight and beyond extreme dieting/ starvation and 5 hr a day workouts. It's just de-motivating watching the process, i mean really do they need ppl screaming into their face? (obviously they do, it's how they got that way) Just sharing, and I really miss chocolate (my fiancee works for Mars and I have literally 50lbs of chocolate in the living room).
    I think I wrote about this elsewhere, but what you are saying is true....literally it is demotivating. A study showed that people who read about losing weight (or watched a TV show on the topic I assume) did less exercise/dieting than equally fat people who did not...as if reading about it "counted".
    And by the way, kudos for you for being able to keep that 50 lbs. of chocolate in the living room and not in you! I don't think I'd be able to! I have to say if your fiance knows you want to lose weight he's sabotaging you a bit by bringing it over.

I think, in part, for some people the de-motivation may come from the view that it's not possible to lose a great deal of weight unless you have the advantages the TBL contestants have, or that it takes that kind of excessive gym time. While that's not true, I believe that watching TBL methods can be daunting for those needing to lose significant weight. The training methods, well, it's not for everyone, but whether it's because of them or in spite of them, it's the results that keep the applications pouring into NBC.

After years of watching the show, I actually found some motivation last season. I wasn't looking to lose weight, but when I was watching Ada run the marathon, I thought that if a girl who was morbidly obese just six months ago could run a marathon, I bloody well could do it too. I didn't run a full marathon but I completed a half last week.

The trainers - I mean Bob & Jillian - have been successful in creating great athletes out of several contestants. Those kind of results impress me more than anything. That's a lifelong gift that's worth more than any cash prize.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm not sure if this is related to the current topic but a couple of seasons ago, I realized that I usually watched the Biggest Loser while eating M&Ms. I am not over weight so maybe I just don't think all those healthy eating tips apply to me. Or maybe I shouldn't fast forward through that part.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Regular

Same here--nachos, pizza, cookies ... pretty sure I've eaten all of that (not at once!) while watching this show.

But I think this show has kind of motivated me ... I don't need to lose any weight, but I'd like to build some more muscle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast