+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ****5/2 Show Discussion Spoilers*****

FORT Fogey

Re: ****5/2 Show Discussion Spoilers*****

OMG! Olivia's hair was fabulous at the weigh in! What do those stylist do? I have styled hair for 30 years in addition to couples counciling and massage threapy and more. Why do they do that straight lady PTA sh*t for the reveal? The gowns sucked. This make over episode always puts me in over drive, hand me my rifle mode. I apologize. Tim Gunn sucks, love him, but not good. Seriously, I will stay out of this thread for awhile. Ignore me. I want hip cutting edge, red carpet style here!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggg. DONE.

What makes it worse is that many of us I am sure watched to Royal Wedding and saw some fabulous outfits and then we get to watch the BL makeover. Gag me, I think I am going to vomit just thinking about the gowns Hannah and Irene wore.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I DVR TBL tonight because I was watching DWTS Results show, so I haven't seen tonights' episode yet.

There is a new weight loss show premiering on Monday, 5/30, on ABC. It is called Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss. I don't know if any of you ever watched the reality show For Love or Money on NBC, but on season 4, one of the bachelors was a personal trainer named Chris Powell. Well, he is the trainer on this show. The show takes the viewers thru 1 year of a persons Make Over in one episode, with a different person every week. I'm looking forward to it.

Hannah: Hated the hair and color- I thought she was wearing a wig. The dress made her look bigger. In her work-out clothes she looks skinny without much left to lose, but that dress did her no favors. I guess TBL couldn't fit their compression garments under them.

Olivia: Loved her hair. Her dress was okay- would have liked it more with some kind-of sleeve- I think the sleeveless made her look a little heavier on top.

Irene: Loved her hair and color, although teased a little too much. The dress was just okay- I think it was too froofroo for someone of her stature.

Austin- Loved the hair. Tux made him look bigger,

Jay- Not much to say, he looked fine. I'm surprised they left his reveal until last- usually the boring ones are shown first.

I know they were going for a Cinderella-esque theme, but the dresses were too over the top and too sparkly, IMO. I was hoping more for understated elegance- more 'red carpet' as someone stated upthread.

I think Olivia looked the best overall. I am glad they didn't get rid of Austin's curls by cutting his hair super short.

The dresses were more late 1990's prom dresses!!!! Irene is short so longer dresses don't look good on her. She needed something sleeker so she looked taller. It was way too full for her.

I do think Irene could win this though. I know she hasn't lost much the past two weeks and that she has already lost a lot of weight but with her height she could still stand to loose more than the other two girls. I'm not sure what her height is but she is shorter than anyone else left.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

Is there anyway to see pictures of makeovers. I missed the show last night and didn't DVR.

I don't think having the yellow line 'disappear' was probably originally part of the script- but having Rulon up and leave threw a monkey wrench into the works and they needed to have a week where no one went home to complete the required amount of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I don't think having the yellow line 'disappear' was probably originally part of the script- but having Rulon up and leave threw a monkey wrench into the works and they needed to have a week where no one went home to complete the required amount of episodes.
    I totally agree!!!! And they knew Kaylee wanted to go home so why not let them both leave in same week?!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Is there anyway to see pictures of makeovers. I missed the show last night and didn't DVR.
    They have them on the nbc site....I'd copy and paste here but not sure what the rules are to do that...anyone know?

To the Point

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast