+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

Re: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick View Post
    Not to be OT here but I have read that quinoa has a nutty flavor and is high in protein. I can't eat rice (it's a mental thing having to do with the texture, sorry) but does quinoa have the same feeling in your mouth that rice does? I can't eat orzo pasta, either for the same reason.
    I think I would like to try it but don't want to waste my money.
    Now to be OT - my daughter and I thought the purple team would be long gone by now because a lot of women just don't last as long as some of the men on the show. I am surprise they are the only original team still intact!
    I soak the quinoa for about 10 minutes before I use it, which helps open it up and soften it. I don't think it feels like rice all that much, to me it's mushier. It's not all that expensive either. I get mine from Trader Joe's.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have been reading that there is a strong possibility that Rulon was disqualifed and was allowed to quit to save face and the show will not disclose what the disqualification was for. Rulon was not scheduled for any media questions after he left the show. I am sure eventually it will all come out.
    Really? Now my mind is wondering how he could have been disqualified. I haven't read anything about this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think they pick quinoa because it is actually high in protein (like beans), even though it looks like rice.
    Yes, they definately do. I just don't care for it.

Rulon left this show still a very heavy man. He has a lot more to lose to look good and be at a healthy weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Really? Now my mind is wondering how he could have been disqualified. I haven't read anything about this.
    I can't find anything that's not technically a blog to link to, but there are rumors involving unauthorized cell phone use. Google news search "Rulon Gardner disqualified cell."
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    I can't find anything that's not technically a blog to link to, but there are rumors involving unauthorized cell phone use. Google news search "Rulon Gardner disqualified cell."
    I am not buying this. He was angry that Tara won the Wheaties box and she wasn't even a contestant. He missed being on the box when he won at the Olympics. He was missing his wife, wanted to get laid and just feeling disgusted and done.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I soak the quinoa for about 10 minutes before I use it, which helps open it up and soften it. I don't think it feels like rice all that much, to me it's mushier. It's not all that expensive either. I get mine from Trader Joe's.
    They also sell small boxes at regular supermarkets these days, so it's not too big a commitment....

Of course I cannot find all the web sites regarding the disqualification. This is only one I can find readily, but if you type in Rulon Gardner disqualified you can find several. Some are really interesting reading as to his behavior towards other contestants and the reason he was targeted.

Biggest Loser 11 Contestant to Be Disqualified
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Of course I cannot find all the web sites regarding the disqualification. This is only one I can find readily, but if you type in Rulon Gardner disqualified you can find several. Some are really interesting reading as to his behavior towards other contestants and the reason he was targeted.

Biggest Loser 11 Contestant to Be Disqualified
    Interesting article, thanks. Maybe it isn't Rulon. Everyone seemed so shocked and this article implies that we will be told they are disqualified but not why. Rulon just walked out. Well, the article could have misinformation and it was Rulon and no one knew other than the producers and they made the decision to allow him to walk. We may never know.

I am going to guess that a cell phone will not get anyone booted. Using diet pills or diuretics would. What other reasons?

Did a google search on Rulon and interestingly, some are saying that he will not be at the finale! I hope that's not true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Did a google search on Rulon and interestingly, some are saying that he will not be at the finale! I hope that's not true.
    If he was asked to leave that means he made a serious infraction and that would mean he is out for good. I am guessing it is pills of some sort.

+ Reply to Thread