+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

FORT Fogey

Re: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

I didnt understand why Tara competed in that competition. I was distracted as I watched. Can anyone fill me in? Very odd.

Since I didn't get to watch due to tornado watches (which we are still under...sigh) I don't know how it came about Tara got to compete. But whether or not it is fair, I still have no respect for Rulon. Life isn't fair...at all. You deal with it. You get over it. You move on. He didn't...he quit. Maybe it was his wife (boo on her if it was) or maybe it was not liking loosing to Tara (boo on him....egomaniac) or maybe it was him being disgusted with the producers (you can be disgusted but finish something you started as long as your character isn't comprimised) or maybe he was never into loosing weight to begin with (which is what I think...IMO). I don't know for sure but if you start something, you finish it. No matter how hard it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he gained weight back.

So, I had another thought while typing all this. Is there any chance he wants to wrestle again? If so, then maybe he came on this show to loose enough to start wrestling professionally again. Not sure. But no matter....it does irk me that so many others would have done anything to be on the ranch but he was chosen and didn't take it seriously.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    I think Rulon was disgusted (as was I) with the BL producers having an amazingly strong competitor from another season suddenly show up and be eligible to win the really nice reward in the car pulling challenge. They could have just had Tara participate as an encouragement and example to the others. The reward should have gone to one of this season's players instead of someone who had not gone through this 4 month journey with them, one that is not completed yet.

The Wheaties box reward was very important to Rulon and it seemed to break his taste for the BL when he lost by an inch to an outsider. It may have solidified his feeling that he could continue this journey better at home.

The producers should not have offered Tara a chance to win the reward knowing the odds were heavily in her favor and I am disappointed in Tara, whom I had admired during her season, that she would agree to be eligible for the prize. The money they paid her to appear should have been enough.

I hope Rulon has continued to lose weight at home and that the fact that they didn't do a follow up does not mean they have washed their hands of him.

Absolutely. As it is he won a Gold medal at one olympics and a bronze at another and for whatever reason wrestling just doesn't hold the prestige of other sports in the US public eye. To win his gold he beat someone who was undefeated in 13 years.
    If you read his wiki page there are some really terrible things he has lived through. I think the pettiness of strategic game playing and the not voting out people because they are your friends probably got to be too much for him.

I wouldn't have made Tara eligible for the prize and I really felt bad with the celebratory "women rule" attitude that Hannah was shown doing.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Kaylee and Vance are on the cover of OK Magazine's new issue, talking about their weight loss and falling in love. I did not read the article, I just saw them on the cover on Ok's website.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover View Post
    Kaylee and Vance are on the cover of OK Magazine's new issue, talking about their weight loss and falling in love. I did not read the article, I just saw them on the cover on Ok's website.
    Is Vance a former contestant or a boyfriend she had before she went on the show? The man they showed her with was quite heavy, especially in the butt and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Is Vance a former contestant or a boyfriend she had before she went on the show? The man they showed her with was quite heavy, especially in the butt and legs.
    a few weeks ago they offered a mother/son team the opportunity to weigh in and possibly join the group. They didn't meet the goal weight loss to do so but he was the son of the team. Mom has the same body type- smaller on top and quite large on the bottom.

I have to wonder where this love match came from....seems pretty show driven to me.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think Rulon should have been declared the winner in the car pull. It seems like that is just one more "was" to him. He "was" an Olympic champ... he "was" awesome...he "was" almost the winner in the car pull. All that was in his past. How about the show helping him prepare for his future? You can't go forward if you're always looking at the past - especially when he had a past that not too many people in life experience until they make couch surfing an Olympic sport.
    How about helping him focus on who he is NOW and who he will be in the future? He wasn't one of my favorites but it seemed they kept going on and on about his past and that part of his life is over. He is older now and married (I don't know about any kids) and he needs to learn to deal with now and the future. I hope he can make the changes in his life and be the Rulon he needs to be now.

*Wow, I just went over to Wiki and read about Rulon. The man has gone through some stuff in life and he just keeps on going.*
    Last edited by Dicechick; 04-27-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: I just learned a little more about his life...
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

As for the rest of the show - Yeah for Kaylee and Vance. She looked great with her hair curled, makeup and cute clothes. Makeover week next week is going to be awesome. I love the fairy tale theme; that's so awesome.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Mix Quinoa, black beans, sauteed onions, cherry tomatoes and mango for inside a WW tortilla or as a side dish.
    Yum! I actually make this once a week. Super tasty. I use garlic and corn instead of the tomatoes and mango. I add cumin too for the spice. Super yum, and super healthy.

Not sad to see Kaylee go. Glad she is happy and has found love. Rulon leaving - odd, just odd.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yum! I actually make this once a week. Super tasty. I use garlic and corn instead of the tomatoes and mango. I add cumin too for the spice. Super yum, and super healthy.

Not sad to see Kaylee go. Glad she is happy and has found love. Rulon leaving - odd, just odd.
    I do something similar with avocado and corn in there too but never use Quinoa. To me it is just a carb that is tasteless. If I am going to indulge in carbs it is NOT going to be Quinoa! They spread hummus on the tortilla too. I love hummus. Plenty of carbs there.

+ Reply to Thread