+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

Kaylee is now.... has lost 68, now at goal weight, starting to date...she's dating Vance... he's lost 74 lbs. ....ooo kisses.
    Vance was at the show briefly trying to get on but didn't.

MAKEOVER next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PWS; 04-26-2011 at 09:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    So they are going to have an elimination.....
    Meet you in DWTS thread. Keep me posted on your tornados.

Thanks everyone for the update! I am hoping to watch it online tomorrow but who knows.

Time for NKOTB on DWTS!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfishinwidow View Post
    Hi Everyone new one here posting, but I do lurk. I really want Kaylee to go home. I am a huge Biggest Loser fan and really want Kaylee to go home.
    to FORT Bassfishinwidow! You got your wish.

I'm with those who would have liked to see her get the makeover, but am still glad that Irene stayed.
    Kaylee lost about 29%.

Personally, I think Kaylee is still about 25lbs short of her what she should weight, I would not call her skinny. But whatever floats her boat.

While I am glad Rulon is gone, I really didn't want him winning, why the heck did he go home.

I hope they rest of the players start playing the game and break up the Purple Team next week.

Oh, thank you producers for making it a short week we need more of those. The 2 hours shows are too long. Do what DWTS's does and go to a 90 minute format when you lose enough players.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So is Rulon out of the running for the at home win? I have a feeling he is as they did not show an update on him. He made a few references to his wife when he left and it could be she gave him an ultimatium. Who knows.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    So is Rulon out of the running for the at home win? I have a feeling he is as they did not show an update on him. He made a few references to his wife when he left and it could be she gave him an ultimatium. Who knows.
    Given that he quit, he should be ineligible to win the at home award. Too many players would give their eye teeth to have stayed those extra few weeks that he got to and lost weight. That's not fair to them if he is allowed to compete, as given the amount of weight he's lost, he might actually win.

I'm not saying that he should've re-embraced the Olympic spirit and creed, but I do think that quitting a show that can help improve even save your life speaks many volumes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Given that he quit, he should be ineligible to win the at home award. Too many players would give their eye teeth to have stayed those extra few weeks that he got to and lost weight. That's not fair to them if he is allowed to compete, as given the amount of weight he's lost, he might actually win.

I'm not saying that he should've re-embraced the Olympic spirit and creed, but I do think that quitting a show that can help improve even save your life speaks many volumes.
    Given that they knew he quit I can't believe they let Bob make an idiot of himself by over and over raving about how he was such an Olympic level competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Given that they knew he quit I can't believe they let Bob make an idiot of himself by over and over raving about how he was such an Olympic level competitor.
    While it could make Bob appear like an idiot because of WHAT he's focusing on (the Olympics), I think what they were trying to do was show how Rulon had overcome a lot of adversity to medal in the Olympics he did - I think a gold in one and a bronze in another. If I recall correctly, Rulon's gold had a lot of controversy behind it - someone said that he cheated or the like, similar to the South Korean Gymnast's challenging Paul Hamm's gold because he wasn't given the right starting value (though watching the attempt even with the proper value, said SK gymnast would've not had enough, he made too many errors).

So Rulon had overcome adversity before, and I think they wanted to show he could do it again and win, but he chose to quit.

If it were some sort of social game such as "Big Brother" and it drove him insane or he really had a health issue, yeah, I could see him leave. But when it's a game that is also a life-saving competition (remember, this is the same season a contestant had to lose weight BEFORE the show before she could compete for health reasons), and you QUIT, I can see people going on and on about it - especially a PT like Bob.

FORT Regular

I think Rulon was disgusted (as was I) with the BL producers having an amazingly strong competitor from another season suddenly show up and be eligible to win the really nice reward in the car pulling challenge. They could have just had Tara participate as an encouragement and example to the others. The reward should have gone to one of this season's players instead of someone who had not gone through this 4 month journey with them, one that is not completed yet.

The Wheaties box reward was very important to Rulon and it seemed to break his taste for the BL when he lost by an inch to an outsider. It may have solidified his feeling that he could continue this journey better at home.

The producers should not have offered Tara a chance to win the reward knowing the odds were heavily in her favor and I am disappointed in Tara, whom I had admired during her season, that she would agree to be eligible for the prize. The money they paid her to appear should have been enough.

I hope Rulon has continued to lose weight at home and that the fact that they didn't do a follow up does not mean they have washed their hands of him.

+ Reply to Thread