+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***3/22/11 - show discussion - spoilers

Re: ***3/22/11 - show discussion - spoilers

Aside from the first few episiodes when there was all the secrecy about hiding the new trainers, I have to say I have found this season pretty enjoyable. Everyone is really supportive of each other and they seem to be very nice people overall. I think the worst season was the Heba/Vicki season. I didn't enjoy watching all the venom and endless gameplay week after week and they weren't likable to boot. I love gameplay on most reality shows, but for this one I would prefer to see someone get a '10' on the scale than waterload to change the game.

I thought it was interesting that Kaylee said she had asked her team to do something hard for her this week, so I assumed she had asked them to throw the weigh in so she could go home, but with Ken's 7lb loss it doesn't seem like that is the case.

I wasn't a fan of Allison telling Kaylee that it wasn't a prison, because I don't think that's how Kaylee meant it when she said there was no way for her to just leave. I think she should have said there was no way for her to just bow out of the game so someone else didn't have to get eliminated. She isn't one of my favorites this season, but I do feel for her because she isn't in the 'girl group' and must feel a bit left out. You could tell the girls were still sticking together tonight as they all had their hair in braids except for Kaylee.

FORT Regular

How many contestants will make it to the finale? The show is on Week 13 next week and there is still 12 contestants (counting the white team member that's returning). After Week 2 until this week I thought there would be 4, one more than usual, but at this point I don't know if they'll even get that low. There are only five weeks and the semi-final left, so maybe there will be 2 double eliminations coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Finally the previews for next week tell why Rulon is not losing weight. I am sure there are more like him.
    I saw that. And last night he told Jillian his biggest problem was at night...of course he was talking about at home but with the preview....red flag. The old Jillian would flip on him when she found out what he was doing. Not so sure what the new Jillian will do.

I was dissappointed when the Kaylee low weight loss issues wasn't discussed or shown. I remember Bob saying they were going to have to figure out why she is on such a weight loss rollar coaster. I was hoping that they would show it last night but they didn't. I also thought it was interesting that both her and her dad said at one point that they were ready to go home b/c the journey on the ranch was over.

Most of the girls kicked butt at the weigh in last night! YAY!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    How many contestants will make it to the finale? The show is on Week 13 next week and there is still 12 contestants (counting the white team member that's returning). After Week 2 until this week I thought there would be 4, one more than usual, but at this point I don't know if they'll even get that low. There are only five weeks and the semi-final left, so maybe there will be 2 double eliminations coming up?
    Not sure but was wondering the same thing. I wasn't sure when the finale was scheduled to air though I kept thinking it was going to be a long season with so many contestants and the fact they brought Jay back and now a white team.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

I thought it was interesting that Kaylee said she had asked her team to do something hard for her this week, so I assumed she had asked them to throw the weigh in so she could go home, but with Ken's 7lb loss it doesn't seem like that is the case.
    It may have been that Ken did not waterload enough. Perhaps he really lost ten pounds but the waterloading took him down to seven. He and Austin had to lose something or else Kaylee might have turned out to be the biggest loser on her team, and would have been safe.
    I'm mixed on my opinion regarding Kaylee last night. Part of me admires her for recognizing what she has accomplished, becoming stronger etc. And part of me thinks she is silly for wanting to leave early. She said she wanted to leave early so she could finally "grasp life by the horns" ....life is going to still be there after a few more weeks on the ranch. And there is always more that a person can learn. I have a feeling that any real-life setback would still send her reeling.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It may have been that Ken did not waterload enough. Perhaps he really lost ten pounds but the waterloading took him down to seven. He and Austin had to lose something or else Kaylee might have turned out to be the biggest loser on her team, and would have been safe.
    I'm mixed on my opinion regarding Kaylee last night. Part of me admires her for recognizing what she has accomplished, becoming stronger etc. And part of me thinks she is silly for wanting to leave early. She said she wanted to leave early so she could finally "grasp life by the horns" ....life is going to still be there after a few more weeks on the ranch. And there is always more that a person can learn. I have a feeling that any real-life setback would still send her reeling.
    I agree!!!!

I think regardless of how I felt I would stay as long as possible at the ranch because the longer I am there the stronger the healthy eating habits get and the better prepared I would be to face the "real world" and all it's food pitfalls. I think either Bob or Jillian need to kick Kaylee's butt, because there are thouands of people who would love to have her place at the ranch and she is basically throwing away a golden opportunity. I also guess the money is not important to any of the contestants the way they are self sacrificing themselves on this season. Seriously, Kaylee, $250,000 even after paying the gift tax is still $150,000. That is a college education. That is a home. That is a great warderobe. That is a great nest egg. What is this girl thinking? On top of that she has her daddy at the ranch. Even though Kaylee claims she is a much stronger person she needs to grow her pair a bit more.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I couldn't believe my ears when Courtney (Marci JR) had the nerve to say that there shouldn't be any game playing to lose the weigh ins. Her mother started it with the "self-sacrificing" of parents.

Bob and Jillian's teams seem to be the most consistent performers.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I agree Bearcata! I was thinking about Kaylee as I was working out just a little bit ago. I would love to have a trainer kick my butt like J&B does! Even if I didn't have any more weight to loose!!! And you can't go by how you feel when on the ranch. Feelings is what got her at her heaviest so why think you are ready to face the world and life based off your feelings? I don't always feel like running, or weight lifting, or cycling...but I make myself do it and I always feel so much better after. She still has weight to loose. I honestly don't think she is ready to leave the ranch . But I also don't think any of them are and the ones that have sacrificed themselves...they weren't ready either. It is time to think about yourself for once. I like that they are selfless but sometimes thinking of yourself isn't being selfish....not sure how to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I couldn't believe my ears when Courtney (Marci JR) had the nerve to say that there shouldn't be any game playing to lose the weigh ins. Her mother started it with the "self-sacrificing" of parents.
    Bob and Jillian's teams seem to be the most consistent performers.
    True but we can't blame her for her mom's actions.

I think B&K tend to stick with one thing and they don't do an overall all over training. I like boxing but what about weight training, running, swimming, etc. I thought Moses was going to die on the spin bike last night! He kept saying that Bob was cardio master....Bob does weights too...guess he hasn't experienced that yet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast