Thread: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

No one started a thread, so...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Teams run a 5 K after getting back from 2 weeks at home; they get to pick trainers again in order they come in indivdually. Sarah starts to "throw" it so she won't have to decide if she wants to stay on her new black team or go back to red. Red team tells her she needs to take charge of her life and not be passive, so at the last minute she cranks it up and beats Arthur out of last place.
    At the weigh in everyone chooses their original team (Jen goes back to black), except Sarah who decides to stay on her new black team to get out of her comfort zone. Maybe she felt she was low woman on that totem pole? Arthur is then forced onto the red team, where he is odd man out.
    Weigh in starts. Black does very well. A lot of pressure on red.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Suddenly Arthur is up as the last one on his team to weigh in and they didn't show Kaylee...and Justin?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Black trainers make a plea for Arthur. Now Sarah feels bad because she didn't help Arthur.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Black team
    Jen was 211 now 197 lost 14---Shes in One-derland!
    Irene was 195 now 185 lost 10
    Hannah was 193 now 182 lost 11
    Olivia was 202 now 190 lost 12Shes in One-derland!
    Courtney was 256 now 246 lost 10
    Marci was 181 now 167 lost 14
    Sarah was 204 now 194 lost 10Shes in One-derland
    Everyone but Courtney is now in the 100s on the Black team

Red team needs to have lost 120 lbs.
    Rulon was 367 now 350 lost 17
    Austin was 299 now 289 lost 10
    Ken was 291 now 286 lost 5
    Moses was 322 now 317 lost 5
    Arthur was 406 now 390 lost 16, not enough to give him immunity as red is losing.
    What the heck?? Where are Kaylee and Justin? Did I black out? How can Arthur be the last one to weigh in on his team?

I have no sympathy for Arthur he is the biggest manipulator on Biggest Loser. He is not a child. He is a 34 year old man. He is married. He has children. Yet he get all the females to mother him and then does a 180 and says I have it (weight in) in the bag. This is a competition and Arthur is pulling everyone's emotional strings. I hope he goes home. Bye Bye con artist.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hmmm, Austin giving Kaylee a little backrub as they leave... But maybe she just did poorly...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have no sympathy for Arthur he is the biggest manipulator on Biggest Loser. He is not a child. He is a 34 year old man. He is married. He has children. Yet he get all the females to mother him and then does a 180 and says I have it (weight in) in the bag. This is a competition and Arthur is pulling everyone's emotional strings. I hope he goes home. Bye Bye con artist.
    Couldn't agree more!

FORT Fogey

I've missed a couple of episodes, so maybe I'm confused, but why is it suddenly all about saving Arthur? Didn't he deliberately eat in order to mix up the teams to what he thought was his advantage? If he's not above game play himself, why should anyone feel guilty about doing what's best for themselves or the team as opposed to saving him?

I'm sorry, but they all need to be there. Maybe Arthur is the one who needs to lose the most weight, but that shouldn't mean the rest of them need to feel guilty about wanting to be there or feeling their need to lose weight is important to them and their families as well. And, while the show shouldn't be just about the money, there is some significant cash on the line too, and perhaps some of them feel they or their families need that.

I really didn't like Jillian and Bob speaking up on Arthur's behalf and trying to sway the red team to keep him. It made me feel bad for the young woman who elected to stay with the black team, because she thought it would be best for her, particularly after she was pressured not to give up and let someone else make her decision for her.

America's Hero, never back down from a challenge??? is he talking about the right person?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast