+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Some thoughts...

I thought Bob's speech was completely disrespectful to all the other contestants. They come on the ranch always putting others first and not knowing how to take care of and love themselves- we hear it time and time again throughout the season, especially from the trainers. Now we actually have a trainer that says in front of all of them..."put Arthur first- he NEEDS to be here", which would imply that the other 13 people don't and they should put Arthur in front of their own needs and wants. If that is the case, just declare Arthur the winner,hand him his cash and move on to the next season. Was Arthur the heaviest one there? Absolutely, but he has had the same training as everyone else on that ranch and should be able to 'do it at home' as well as everyone else (and it appears he is doing just that!).

I too am glad that we should see some real transformations at the finale- last season was very hohum with the reveals- it seems as if these contestants either weren't as heavy to start with or they lost weight quicker.

Being that all of the black team (minus Courtney) is under 200 and it appears there are still many weeks left of this show, I think it is nearly impossible for a Bob and Jillian team member to win. I think it was designed that way somehow. The producers want us to like Brett and Cara because Jill is leaving after this season. If that was the case, it might have made more sense for them to work alongside B&J and not pit them against each other. Not to mention keeping them 'secret' for 3 episodes. Just saying...

Arthur said he wanted to lose the most weight of any BL contestant. Does anyone know what the top amount of weight lost is? Not percentage, but actual pounds?

I saw things differently last night. Not sure I can explain this but I'll try. I think B&J said what they did not to make the others feel bad and not to persuade them to put Arthur above themselves but to try to make everyone realize how much more danger Arthur is in regarding his health than the others. I think that is what they were trying to get across. That, yes, this show is game play..they see it season after season but they still have someone in the competition that is still considered the unhealthiest player ever (even after losing the weight he has lost) and still needs the ranch b/c of this. What is more important? Game Play or Saving someone's life? I think they were trying to make a point....which didn't work but they tried. They can't control the outcome of the vote but they can at least "try" by using their voice. End the end they knew they did what the could do. Isn't better to try than not try at all and wonder if you had tried if it would have made a difference.

In a way I think everyone made a mistake. Your body gets used to doing the same thing over and over again so in a way I think it would have been a good move for everyone to switch trainers. But I know you become close to your trainers so not easy to leave them.

I do think B&J team was planned by producers so they have more of a chance to loose. BUT we've seen in seasons past that no matter how often they tried to give Bob the players that should win he doesn't...Jillian seems to win with the person who is one of the smallest, a femal, etc. I sure hope it's that way this season. I'd like to see Jillian go out on a good note.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hmmm, Austin giving Kaylee a little backrub as they leave... But maybe she just did poorly...
    Just a note, because it's fun to look for that sort of thing every season, but I wondered about these two last week when their team had to pair up in the martial arts training facility, and they were in the exercise forehead to forehead, exercising. You gotta be pretty comfortable with someone to do that effectively. I think they have at least gained a comfortable friendship - good for them!
    _(Moo!)

I wish they had given any contestant who switched teams as a result of the challenge immunity for one week.

I really can't stand that red team - I want them all gone by the final 4 although I seriously doubt this could happen. They seem very selfish. Hopefully next week they will have to vote off one of their own.

I was totally shocked that the black team whipped butt so badly last night.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

FORT Regular

Remember the Jillian and Jay picture from the season spoilers page. I think Arthur might have a chance at coming back!!!!! Last (extended) season 2 people came back, and I hope they do the same this season. Arthur has changed since the competition went Black vs. Red, and he does deserve a second chance. I think that the producers will tailor to that and have a house vote or something Arthur can win to bring himself back just like they recently did with Damien in the Australan version.

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I wish they had given any contestant who switched teams as a result of the challenge immunity for one week.

I really can't stand that red team - I want them all gone by the final 4 although I seriously doubt this could happen. They seem very selfish. Hopefully next week they will have to vote off one of their own.

I was totally shocked that the black team whipped butt so badly last night.
    I was wondering if that is the true difference in the 2 groups. Jillian and Bob teach you how to make choices and the other group has their food provided for them?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    the other group has their food provided for them?
    Now that they are on the ranch, I doubt this is the case anymore.

I do wish they showed more of the nutrition. What do they actually consume in one day considering they are burning thousands of calories a day.
    Roz

From what I know they only eat about 1200 calories a day. Not much for the work outs they do but it's the reason they loose so much in one week.

I do think that the reason the black team did better at home was b/c they are further along on the nutrition side of the journey. The red team is at the ranch now but they haven't been at the ranch very long and before they were given their meals. I just think this played a big role into how they did at home. I also thought it intersting how Austin (?) didn't give in to the pizza, cake, and beer at his 21st party but he didn't loose much. I remember a few seasons ago when the contestants went home. B&J visted each of them to see how they were doing. Jillian visited Tara and they talked about how Tara could drink a glass of wine or have a splurge but that she had to go right back to the healthy eating immediately. It made me wonder if the red team or both for that matter have been taught this concept yet.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post
    As for Jillian and Bob trying to save Arthur, they aren't about the "game" and the money. They are into getting ALL of these people healthy. Severely obese people like Arthur NEEDed to be on the ranch and the trainers knew that.

Please don't flame me for voicing my opinion. Thanks.
    Really, I'm not flaming you for your opinion. But here is mine, where were Jillian and Bob when Arthur ate as many calories as he could slug down, so he could swap people around to boost him and his dad's chance. I'm not sorry to see greedy Arthur go, now maybe he knows how it feels to be targeted, when he wants to stay so bad. Arthur brought this on himself.

I think the number one stupidest thing Arthur did was to tell everyone it was him that did the swap. It was supposed to be anonymous.

I think the second stupidest was that he swapped a strong team for a weaker one. The goal is to make your team stronger to lessen the chance to lose a weigh-in. If he had swapped to have one of the stronger couples come over to black (like Rulon & Matt) that would have made more sense to me.
    Roz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast