+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Bye Arthur!

FORT Fogey

Well, despite everyone crying that Arthur "needed" to stay on the ranch, he seems to have done fine at home. Isn't that often the case?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Arthur at home....
    Jillian gave him science and Bob gave him love.
    Now weighs 345, lost 158.... wants to lose 100 more.
    Lost 300 altogether.

Isn't Arthur lucky that he has a wife that works for he can stay at home and workout all day and have sessions with a personal trainer. So how come he only has lost 45lbs at home with all that effort and positive energy he should be in the 200's. Just another example of Arthur being all talk and no work.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about Arthur being voted off. I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, I'm glad he has lost weight at home and I pray that he continues. He may not loose it all by the finale but I hope he does soon.

The black team killed the red team! I wasn't expecting that at all! It's basically girls v boys and one girl. It will be hard for the black team to keep up the weight loss. So many of them are in Onederland now. Hopefully most of them will make it to make over week!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I think the producers have listened to us. I know several posters (myself included) have complained that quite a few of the contestants start out heavy and even after losing 60, 70, 80lbs they still look heavy during the finale show. Well, for all the ladies in "onederland" currently I think we will be seeing a bunch of skinnies this finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It all boils down to the fact...it's all about the money. Yeah, sure Arthur made a huge error earlier in the show sending a strong team to the red side.

BUT notwithstanding... I find the red team almost intolerable in their approach to how they vote consistently. One person says that these people are family and they all they want is to be there. I say, "yeah, blah, blah." It's about not having to vote a fellow member out quite yet.

I'm steaming angry at the red team. Loyalty from this group is jsut a bunch of hogwash. They really haven't had to deal with voting "their family" off yet. It'll become interesting when they have to start picking each of themselves off.

They said it was hard to make the choice to vote out someone tonight... yeah, right!! What a bunch of crock. I hope the black team takes this game completely to the end.

And I truly wish the best for Arthur.

As for Sarah making the choice to go to Bob and Jillian. Heck, yeah! I'd go to...That's what most people want when they come to this show. Plus she was one of only two women left on the red team. I'd definitely chose the other team to ensure better odds for myself. It just bothered me the guys on the red team resorted to pressure her to make a decision. Heck, these guys haven't made hard decisions yet. Yes, they let two of their people go earlier, but that was because they weren't "team" members and didn't work.

As for Jillian and Bob trying to save Arthur, they aren't about the "game" and the money. They are into getting ALL of these people healthy. Severely obese people like Arthur NEEDed to be on the ranch and the trainers knew that.

Please don't flame me for voicing my opinion. Thanks.

FORT Fogey

My concern with Jillian and Bob trying to persuade the red team to keep Arthur wasn't that I didn't understand that they felt Arthur needed to be there but that a)they might be making the woman who chose them as her trainers feel bad, when she had every right to make what she felt was the best decision for her without feeling bad about it, since that's exactly what everyone else other than Arthur did as well and b)they might have made some of the other contestants feel as if Jillian and Bob were more committed to helping the heaviest contestants as opposed to being impartial, regardless of whether that's true or not.

None of the contestants should have to feel guilty about wanting to stay and lose as much weight as they can, as they all need to lose weight for their own health. It really isn't fair to make them feel as if someone else needs to stay more than they do, when they may feel that it's just as important to them and their loved ones that they lose weight.

And yeah, I'm one of those who doesn't like the trend toward getting heavier and heavier contestants each season. For one thing, the transformations aren't as dramatic, because at 600 pounds, Arthur could lose 300 pounds and still be significantly overweight. For another, I'm really more interested in seeing contestants who are fun to watch, regardless of whether they're eighty pounds or 200 pounds overweight. I didn't like the "they NEED to be here" argument with Arthur any more than I did with Shay, because I was more interested in seeing other contestants have a chance to succeed. On the other hand, Courtney, who is the heaviest of the remaining women, I do like, primarily because of her attitude and the fact that she proved she could lose a significant amount of weight on her own even before coming on the show, which means she arrived knowing full well how hard she was going to work and prepared to do it.

Sometimes I also think it would be better to have the heavier contestants on a special edition of the show that stretched over two seasons or at least a longer single season. Then they'd have more time to lose safely the additional weight they need to lose so that they have a better shot to get down to a healthy weight by the finale.

I don't remember what Justin weighed but Kaylee lost one pound.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    My concern with Jillian and Bob trying to persuade the red team to keep Arthur wasn't that I didn't understand that they felt Arthur needed to be there but that a)they might be making the woman who chose them as her trainers feel bad, when she had every right to make what she felt was the best decision for her without feeling bad about it, since that's exactly what everyone else other than Arthur did as well and b)they might have made some of the other contestants feel as if Jillian and Bob were more committed to helping the heaviest contestants as opposed to being impartial, regardless of whether that's true or not.

None of the contestants should have to feel guilty about wanting to stay and lose as much weight as they can, as they all need to lose weight for their own health. It really isn't fair to make them feel as if someone else needs to stay more than they do, when they may feel that it's just as important to them and their loved ones that they lose weight.

And yeah, I'm one of those who doesn't like the trend toward getting heavier and heavier contestants each season. For one thing, the transformations aren't as dramatic, because at 600 pounds, Arthur could lose 300 pounds and still be significantly overweight. For another, I'm really more interested in seeing contestants who are fun to watch, regardless of whether they're eighty pounds or 200 pounds overweight. I didn't like the "they NEED to be here" argument with Arthur any more than I did with Shay, because I was more interested in seeing other contestants have a chance to succeed. On the other hand, Courtney, who is the heaviest of the remaining women, I do like, primarily because of her attitude and the fact that she proved she could lose a significant amount of weight on her own even before coming on the show, which means she arrived knowing full well how hard she was going to work and prepared to do it.

Sometimes I also think it would be better to have the heavier contestants on a special edition of the show that stretched over two seasons or at least a longer single season. Then they'd have more time to lose safely the additional weight they need to lose so that they have a better shot to get down to a healthy weight by the finale.
    Arthur DID lose 300 already (not all on the show) and is still very overweight. He lost about 140 lbs. before he even came on the show according to his bio. I'm amazed he was ever able to drive that car....
    I agree I like Courtney's attitude a lot. She has a very pretty face--should be a real looker once she gets well into One-derland! I hope she gets under 200 before the show ends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast