+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

Deni now weighs 170, started at 256.
    Jesse now weighs 227, left ranch at 241.

CCL

Honestly, I agree with what Moses said. The black team parents should have worked hard, instilled in their children to work hard, and let the chips fall where they may. They are adult children, not children children, and need to be left to their own devices.

Way too many shots of a gooey-eyed Courtney when Austin was weighing in. No shots of him when she was weighing in. So we are to interpret...what? Co-viewer says they'd have some very curly-haired kids.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks for the recaps-I really appreciate it.

One thing I didn't understand though. Allison said that the red team lost 44 pounds and for the black team to beat them they needed to lose 45?? The black team seems soooo much smaller than the red team with all their big guys. Did I misunderstand Allison or am I just missing something?

FORT Fogey

At some point, all this lovely parental sacrifice is going to end, simply because they're going to run out of parents. What are the kids going to do then? Turn on each other? Gain weight until they're pushed out?

I liked the father who felt it was better to really work with his daughter to get her to lose weight as opposed to deliberately gaining weight to "save" her. I find it especially confusing that some people feel they're virtually required to "save" the younger contestants, whether they're related to them or not. For heaven's sake, their health is on the line too, and there are likely people out there depending on them. Plus it can be harder to lose weight when one is older, so they may have a harder time off the ranch than a younger person would. Fortunately, everyone who's left seems to be continuing to lose weight and get in better shape on their own.

I was really disappointed that Marci wasn't really willing to "take one for the team" when push came to shove. She had no business writing Jesse's name down. She should have written her own. I frigging love Moses. Black team should have worked super hard and stayed fairly rather than this sabotage way. No lessons learned.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I agree with Moses, that it would have been better for the other parents to do what he did with Kaylee, go the extra mile. Mommy and Daddy can't bail you out forever. Still did the Black Team realize that if they did what they did that they would end up losing two of their members therefore weakening them for future weight ins. On the other hand perfect opportunity to get rid of Arthur but are they too dumb to do that? I think it would be hysterical if they did that.
    I love Moses for the same reason.

First of all, play to win. The black team is going to keep losing if that's the attitude. Secondly, isn't part of the "children's" weight gain due to their parents making things easy for them in life?

Kaylee got first place because she fought for it. I was really pulling for the black team. But for that to be the solution is disappointing.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

What a ridiculous episode. As it would have turned out, Jen from the red team would have been under the red line if the three black team players hadn't thrown it. They removed one of their own team for NOTHING. They can try to argue that they are happy they saved Jen, but do they really think that the red team would do that for them?
    The stupidest way to play this game is to think you can't win and decimate your own team from the inside. And there is queen momma Marci, still in the game! How the heck did she get a pass? It was her fricken idea!
    I was originally a fan of the black team, now I hate them for their stupidity. I actually am only rooting for Arthur on that team now. Otherwise, I think the curly haired dude and his dad seem ok on the red team... so those are the only three people I'm rooting for. Pathetic.

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I was really disappointed that Marci wasn't really willing to "take one for the team" when push came to shove. She had no business writing Jesse's name down. She should have written her own. I frigging love Moses. Black team should have worked super hard and stayed fairly rather than this sabotage way. No lessons learned.
    I know in past years, you were not allowed to write down your own name.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover View Post
    I know in past years, you were not allowed to write down your own name.
    ah I didn't realise that. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I am still annoyed at her though :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Details from last night....

Red team
    Austin from 306 to 299 lost 7--- 2.29%
    Ken from 296 to 291 lost 5 ---1.69%
    Justin from 277 to 270 lost 7 ---2.53%
    Rulon from 371 to 367 lost 4 ---1.08%
    Kaylee from 187 to 180 lost 7—3.74 % she really has a waist now
    Moses from 333 to 322 lost 11---3.30%
    Jen from 211 to 213 gained 2 lbs. ---+ 0.9%

Black team
    Arthur from 415 to 406 lost 9---2.17% and has passed 100 lbs.
    Olivia from 206 to 202 lost 4 ---1.94%
    Sarah from 208 to 204 lost 4 ---1.92%
    Irene from 198 to 195 lost 3 ---1.53%
    Hannah from 194 to 193 lost 1 ---0.52%
    Courtney from 258 to 256 lost 2 ---0.78%
    Marci from 181 to 182 gained 1---+0.55%
    Jesse from 238 to 241 gained 3 ---+1.26%
    Deni from 196 to 204 gained 8 ---+4.08%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast