+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/15/11 - show discussion ****spoilers****

Re: 2/15/11 - show discussion ****spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom View Post
    I agree with you. "If they can keep him on top of his eating" is the optimal phrase. At some point the ladies on his team will get tired of having to pull him along and he will have to learn to choose his own foods and cook them wisely. Sadly, I don't think, though, that he will. He didn't get to his weight by being willing to give up pleasures. He said himself that he doesn't want anyone else in charge of his fate.

Frankly, I've already grown tired of watching him manipulate the others.
    Manipulating others. A classic addict.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    I was curious so I crunched the numbers ....

If the red team had chosen to eliminate Arthur's number from the scale, the black team would have lost...but only just barely. Without Arthur's weight loss (and without his 400+ lbs added to their total), the black team would have needed to lose more than 46 lbs to match the red team's percentage. Without Arthur, they lost 45 lbs.
    Interesting... thanks for sharing Spoose! So the girls + Jesse are pretty much in track with the Red Team. I like a close competition!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    I was curious so I crunched the numbers ....

If the red team had chosen to eliminate Arthur's number from the scale, the black team would have lost...but only just barely. Without Arthur's weight loss (and without his 400+ lbs added to their total), the black team would have needed to lose more than 46 lbs to match the red team's percentage. Without Arthur, they lost 45 lbs.
    Thanks. That shows us that the black team may do well without Arthur since it is done on percentage. Though they are much thinner, it may not make a big difference. Especially since the red team is likely to oust the other new comer (big loser) if they lose next week.

FORT Regular

If you look at the contestants' current weights, Arthur is over double the size of 5 of his 8 teammates (with Sarah almost there, 208 compared to 415) so Arthur needs to lose over twice what they do just to keep up with them, for despite his high weight loss this week, he is still on the bottom of the leaderboard. He would be in a great position in the game if it wasn't for two things
    • His swaping of Jay and Jen and not keeping his mouth stut about it
      His inability to make good food choices of his own
    His only lifelines at this point are his dad and possibly Deni, depending on how much pity the girls still have about how overweight he is.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Thanks. That shows us that the black team may do well without Arthur since it is done on percentage. Though they are much thinner, it may not make a big difference. Especially since the red team is likely to oust the other new comer (big loser) if they lose next week.
    BUT, since so many of them are now in one-derland and others close it is going to get harder and harder for them to lose weight. We don't have their heights so I don't know what their goals are but one woman said something about having 30 to go....that close to goal things are bound to slow down. Deni, for example, looks like a pretty normal middle aged woman at this point... stocky, but not anyone you'd likely call fat or obese. There's a lot of skin pooling around her waist at the weigh ins, not so much fat. Yes, she could certainly lose some more weight on her lower half in particular, but in no way would you look at her and think she should be on TBL

CMS
    FORT Newbie

If you want to find out their heights you can check out the Biggest Loser page on Wikipedia. It has their heights and starting BMI.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CMS View Post
    If you want to find out their heights you can check out the Biggest Loser page on Wikipedia. It has their heights and starting BMI.
    Thanks!

FORT Regular

Warning! Major Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked at the preview for next week again and paused at 12 seconds where Jesse got on the scale. If you look closely there is a team leaderboard and an individual leaderboard, with the individual leaderboard having a red line at the bottom. This means that the person with the lowest percentage this week will be the first person eliminated automatically and the second person will be eliminated through the usual team elimination. A second thing that be seen at this point is a percentage of 2.12% by the red team and a percentage of 1.05% by the Black Team. Judging by the 14 names on the leaderboard and how they weigh-in the contestants couple by couple, this probably means that Arthur and Jesse are the last two to weigh-in and they need to lose 23 pounds together for their team to win, which I seriously doubt they will do. A third spoiler I found from that pause was Jen's name at the bottom of the individual leaderboard. Since Arthur and Jesse will be the last people to weigh-in (see above) and both of them can be seen in the deliberation scene, Jen will probably fall below the red line.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    BUT, since so many of them are now in one-derland and others close it is going to get harder and harder for them to lose weight. We don't have their heights so I don't know what their goals are but one woman said something about having 30 to go....that close to goal things are bound to slow down. Deni, for example, looks like a pretty normal middle aged woman at this point... stocky, but not anyone you'd likely call fat or obese. There's a lot of skin pooling around her waist at the weigh ins, not so much fat. Yes, she could certainly lose some more weight on her lower half in particular, but in no way would you look at her and think she should be on TBL
    I have the thought that it might be easier for them to lose (not easy by any means, though) if they don't have Arthur and all the drama he creates there to contend with.

I also have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. Isn't all of the extra skin that is hanging on Arthur's body a detriment to his exercising? Is there something he can wear while exercising to hold it up and would that help? It just seems that that weight must be dragging on him. And he has a lot more of it than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom View Post
    I also have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. Isn't all of the extra skin that is hanging on Arthur's body a detriment to his exercising? Is there something he can wear while exercising to hold it up and would that help? It just seems that that weight must be dragging on him. And he has a lot more of it than anyone else.
    A couple of us were discussing this in the thread for the A&E show Heavy. I have noticed many of the TBL participants wearing compression garments. (It's not just very overweight people who use them, some runners also use compression shorts and tops.) Not to sound mean, but for Art it might be hard to tell if he's wearing them because of his extreme girth. A poster in the Heavy thread mentioned they are very uncomfortable. It's possible he just doesn't want to wear them, if he's not.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast