+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/15/11 - show discussion ****spoilers****

FORT Regular

Re: 2/15/11 - show discussion ****spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4195072;
    Well, Arthur wouldn't have done it except for his teammates. Thank you ladies.

Yeah, yeah, Arthur, but can you do it 2 weeks in a row.
    There were two things that irritated me with Arthur: that he was smug about what he had done and that now that he knew that the teammates weren't happy with him, he would do whatever they wanted just to suck up. He still is thinking in game mode and not life-changing mode.

Also, that he called his teammates "his girls" quite a few times. Creepy!

Arthur, they are not "your girls". No matter what you might think, they are your equals (or more than equals). You are not the team leader. Don't think that will keep them from voting you out if you don't keep up big losses.

FORT Fogey

I was assuming based on the preview that one person from each team would be voted off...but maybe two from one will happen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom;4195503;
    There were two things that irritated me with Arthur: that he was smug about what he had done and that now that he knew that the teammates weren't happy with him, he would do whatever they wanted just to suck up. He still is thinking in game mode and not life-changing mode.

Also, that he called his teammates "his girls" quite a few times. Creepy!

Arthur, they are not "your girls". No matter what you might think, they are your equals (or more than equals). You are not the team leader. Don't think that will keep them from voting you out if you don't keep up big losses.
    I agree. If they can keep him on top of his eating he is a keeper because the potential for him to lose big numbers is there. And that would be the only reason to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod;4195482;
    I think that the unknowns are getting ripped off. They crushed the others on Weeks 1,3,4, and 5 but yet it didn't matter on those weeks. Then, on the 3 weeks that they could benefit from betting them they lose.

Also, Arthur clearly only lost 20 pounds because he was stuffing so mach sodium in him on previous weeks and it was corrected (by his teammates) this week. I'm expecting him to lose 9 or less pounds next week.

I think it is clear by the Black Team's pleas in the commercial for next week that they will lose the next weigh-in and send both of those "2 people" home. My current guess is Jeese and Deni, as both of them clearly want their children to stay over them.
    There might be a twist and both teams will have to send someone home but if not and it is Black Team then send home Arthur and Jesse. Arthur really is a weight around that team's "neck".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

In this bonus scene "Self Sacrifice" on nbc.com, Deni clearly states that if The Black Team loses it will come down to her and Jeese plus Athur still has a lot of weight to lose and the girls sympathize with that. Therefore, if there is a double elimination on their team Deni will probably go before Arthur unless she has immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    In this bonus scene "Self Sacrifice" on nbc.com, Deni clearly states that if The Black Team loses it will come down to her and Jeese plus Athur still has a lot of weight to lose and the girls sympathize with that. Therefore, if there is a double elimination on their team Deni will probably go before Arthur unless she has immunity.
    Trouble is Arthur is a food addict and it is very obvious that while he talks a good game and addicts do know how to lie about their addiction, he hasn't found that trigger that will click him into this is a life changing opportunity. The real question is how long will the ladies carry him, he can't even physically keep up with them, the train challenge was a prime example.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I finally watched the show yesterday. I've been home with a sick 8yo girl, who has strep and the flu. Anyway, I figured Arthur would do good considering how he changed his diet...or should I say his diet was changed for him. Anyway, I'm hoping he can pull big numbers the next few weeks b/c I don't like the red team and I don't see any chance for the black team without Arthur losing big. He is the only one to have the weight to lose big.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I finally watched the show yesterday. I've been home with a sick 8yo girl, who has strep and the flu. Anyway, I figured Arthur would do good considering how he changed his diet...or should I say his diet was changed for him. Anyway, I'm hoping he can pull big numbers the next few weeks b/c I don't like the red team and I don't see any chance for the black team without Arthur losing big. He is the only one to have the weight to lose big.
    Arthur might have done better (lost more already) with the unknown trainers just because they had all their food prepared for them.... Of course he wouldn't have learned anything, but he hasn't learned about food prep being with BJ for some reason either.

I was curious so I crunched the numbers ....

If the red team had chosen to eliminate Arthur's number from the scale, the black team would have lost...but only just barely. Without Arthur's weight loss (and without his 400+ lbs added to their total), the black team would have needed to lose more than 46 lbs to match the red team's percentage. Without Arthur, they lost 45 lbs.
    Don't let the small things sweat

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. If they can keep him on top of his eating he is a keeper because the potential for him to lose big numbers is there. And that would be the only reason to keep him.
    I agree with you. "If they can keep him on top of his eating" is the optimal phrase. At some point the ladies on his team will get tired of having to pull him along and he will have to learn to choose his own foods and cook them wisely. Sadly, I don't think, though, that he will. He didn't get to his weight by being willing to give up pleasures. He said himself that he doesn't want anyone else in charge of his fate.

Frankly, I've already grown tired of watching him manipulate the others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast