+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

FORT Fanatic

Re: 1/25 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

I can't wait a week!!!

Goodness gracious! Someone gains 6 lbs next week!

So, does Dan gain again next week?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forget the President, I want the Losers!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4163980;
    So, does Dan gain again next week?
    I get the impression that it is him. If so, you really have to wonder what is going on.

FORT Fogey

Having now seen the unknowns' situation, I would so prefer, although I, too, am bothered by the fact that they seem to be showing so much boxing as opposed to cardio. I've never done a boxing workout--not saying I might not enjoy it; I'm just not familiar--but I'd like to see more use of treadmills, ellipticals etc. (I'm more an elliptical girl myself, as it's easier on the joints). I agree, though, that it was nice to see the new trainers do a fitness assessment before starting the green team's workout regimen.

Incidentally, it's not just the maid service, the cooked meals etc. that would make me prefer to be in the unknowns' situation. While the new trainers yell, they don't seem to yell at the contestants as much. They yell out encouragement etc. and the rest of the team cheers people on too. Moreover, the new trainers, so far, haven't indulged in a lot of psychological analysis of their charges, perhaps because they don't feel qualified. It bugs me that Jillian and Bob seem to push the contestants to have some kind of angry or tear-filled breakdowns, because sometimes it seems like they're doing it less to help the contestants than to create drama for the show. Seriously, if they're going to do that, they ought to have actual therapists doing the questioning (but then, they'd probably get some psychologist who predicted the exact day they'd have mental breakdowns).

I love kickboxing even though I'm not great at it. It's a wonderful workout. I know it's not actually boxing but it is similar. But I can't imagine doing it all the time. You have to keep your body guessing!

So, since the show was cut short b/c of the President will the show the rest of it before Tuesday? Or will they just show Tuesday's show and you have to wonder about weigh in? Or will they add it to the beginning of Tuesday's show?

CCL

They'll probably have the weigh-in at the beginning of the episode, then the usual work-out, yelling, whatever filler and then another weigh-in at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4164360;

Incidentally, it's not just the maid service, the cooked meals etc. that would make me prefer to be in the unknowns' situation. While the new trainers yell, they don't seem to yell at the contestants as much. They yell out encouragement etc. and the rest of the team cheers people on too. Moreover, the new trainers, so far, haven't indulged in a lot of psychological analysis of their charges, perhaps because they don't feel qualified. It bugs me that Jillian and Bob seem to push the contestants to have some kind of angry or tear-filled breakdowns, because sometimes it seems like they're doing it less to help the contestants than to create drama for the show. Seriously, if they're going to do that, they ought to have actual therapists doing the questioning (but then, they'd probably get some psychologist who predicted the exact day they'd have mental breakdowns).
    I agree with you Tilden. While the unknown's training regime does seem boxing-heavy (as others have noted), I do tired of Jillian's (and now Bob's) attempts to psychoanalyze the contestants. I didn't like the way they were talking to Dan (or Don) this week and making him get angry. For what? Maybe he's just not the type to get angry. Maybe he doesn't want to spill his guts on national tv. I know that weight issues have emotional components, but I just don't like the way Jillian (and now Bob) feel the need to berate the contestants into swearing/crying/having a faux breakthrough.

The unknown male trainer (whose name escapes me) is quite cute. He's like an Asian/Latino version of Heath Ledger. Yeah, I'm all for that.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In the previews when the new trainers are revealed to the known's, the purple team (I think...it's the sisters) reactions about the male trainer is spot on...he is hot...

If you are boxer you don't just box to get into shape, there is a lot of weight training and running, jump rope etc for cardio the editors are just not showing it.

As for Jillian wanting a breakdown of her contestants. Jillian is also a life coach and therefore applies both personal training and life coaching on her group.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast