+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

1/18 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

How long can you balance your eggs?

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show here until 1am Eastern Time.

Re: 1/18 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Wow, the new male trainer is hot!

I wonder how diverse the new female trainer's training is, or if she just has them box.

Yuck, more dr. h!

the new trainers are upset that they lost the weigh in and are going to really focus this week

FORT Fogey

I wonder about the wisdom of selecting two fighters (boxer, martial arts instructor) as the new trainers. I realize the guy has more of a background in that, but the woman pretty much talked only about her boxing prowess. If someone on their team happens not to be interested in that kind of training for whatever reason, it puts them at a distinct disadvantage.

I'd also like to add that I really loathe that doctor they have assessing the contestants. How dare he purport to know the exact date someone will die--and then to announce not only in front of him but in front of his daughter. Or to tell that one woman, who actually has a reason beyond her control to have lost some muscle tone (not to mention that, percentage wise, women tend to carry more fat than men), that she has a higher percentage of body fat than anyone, including Rulan. He shouldn't be revealing other contestants' statistics to their teammates, and what was the point of doing that anyway, other than to make her feel horrible? Why not end on more positive notes? Instead of "Here's the date you're going to die" (which is sheer nonsense anyway), "Here's how much you can increase your chances of avoiding diabetes or lowering your blood pressure or living a longer life if you lose even X number of pounds?" Hasn't this guy ever heard of positive reinforcement? I'm not morbidly obese, and I do work out regularly, but if I had to talk to that joker, I'd probably be too depressed to work out. I don't care if I have three years or thirty years left--I still don't want anyone predicting my exact day of death. It's just too ghoulish.

Didn't like the "unknowns" tossing their eggs at the other team either. If they wanted to give the opportunity for the extra two pounds to a particular team, fine. It was even kind of sweet, really. But by flipping their eggs over the barrier, they could have distracted someone else who needed the extra two pounds just as badly and ruined his/her chances.

Just now watching and joining in...long night...anyway, I'm behind but should catch up soon...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4153088;
    Didn't like the "unknowns" tossing their eggs at the other team either. If they wanted to give the opportunity for the extra two pounds to a particular team, fine. It was even kind of sweet, really. But by flipping their eggs over the barrier, they could have distracted someone else who needed the extra two pounds just as badly and ruined his/her chances.
    I didn't like that either, but I think that was part of their plan.

oh, and I have never liked Dr. H

mandmmom2 - I started late too, but I fast forwarded through dr. H

I decided to skip through the Dr H part...no desire to listen to him...sorry everyone, I'm not in the greatest moods tonight so beware...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

mandmmom2 - bring on the snark! And I hope everything is okay with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast