+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion - **Spoilers**

Re: 1/11 Show Discussion - **Spoilers**

Jil is sick so Bob is left to the last chance work out. Arthur's legs are hurting again so Bob has him walking the presidential mile until he says he can stop.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Time for the "Knowns" weigh in.

Bob calls Ali out for keep saying how the "unknowns" destroy them. The "unknowns" had another incredible weight loss week. With the 3lb advantage their weight loss was 82lbs (2.46%). The "knowns" need to loose more than 78lbs. Arthur thinks they have this in the bag.

Now I get the $10k prize....it's between the two teams. If the "knowns" win it then they all split the money and same for "unknowns".

Orange team:
    Irene 242/232/-10/.31%

Black team:
    Dan 268/263/-5
    Don 288/280/-8

Purple team:
    Hannah 232/226/-6
    Olivia 245/239/-6

Green team:
    Jay 374/264/-10
    Jen 258/250/-8

Aqua team:
    Courtney 308/298/-10
    Marci 224/218/-6

Blue team:
    Arthur 476/463/-13
    Jesse 286/278/-8

The "knowns" won the weigh in! Good for them. But I have to ask...what is up with Ali's dress? Ick. Oh and I don't need to see the dancing....nope....won't get that visual out of my mind for a long time.

90lbs (2.81%) weight loss. The underdogs won! They beat the "unknowns" by 11lbs which is how much the "unknowns" beat the "knowns" last week.

Irene has the highest percentage weight loss among all teams!
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 01-11-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

There is something about Dr. H that I don't like. I really don't like the episodes when he shows up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Previews for next week....do we get to meet the unknown trainers? yes! finally!

Jillian walks out of a weigh in and she still didn't look great....

FORT Fogey

I fell asleep and missed a good bit of the show, but what I did see involved, among other things, Jillian and Bob both trying to get contestants to spill about whatever emotional/self-esteem issues have contributed to their weight gain. While I do think it's important that those issues are discussed, I really get uncomfortable with Jillian and Bob--who, so far as I know, are not trained therapists--start deciding when and where and how much sharing they think should take place. I'm sure there are pre-show interviews with contestants too, but what if there are issues that aren't shared there--and they're very serious? What if someone started spilling really awful things he/she hadn't shared with anyone before? I'd like to think that if that happened, it wouldn't make it to air, but who knows? Maybe someone at NBC would smell ratings bonanza. But aside from that, what if it was bad enough that Jillian and Bob didn't have an immediate appropriate response? Even if that didn't make it to air, it could be devastating to the person and anyone else who happened to overhear.

I just wish the show had a counselor to handle those kinds of issues. Bob and Jillian should train, not pry into things they may or may not be the best people to handle.

Oh, and just once, I wish a contestant would calmly and politely tell Jillian and/or Bob that something they wanted to know was none of their business. And if Jillian was getting in my face and yelling, I'd have no trouble punching back at her (in an appropriate manner) during a kick boxing session.

I think Ali was a little rough on the "Knowns" at the beginning of the weigh in. I think they understand that they need to work hard, she didn't need to be so rough. It almost seemed to me that she was scolding them or like she felt they didn't deserve to win so the probably wouldn't. I love that Bob called her out.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I noticed the black team guys didn't seem all that excited about winning...I can't figure out why...they didn't feel they did well enough? Everyone else was very excited....
    And 6 teams lost 11 lbs. more than 5 teams this week; last week 5 teams lost 11 lbs. more than 6, so not quite equivalent.

Ali looked very startled next week.

I liked her dress this week, and hair, especially the neckline. A nice change, more grown up.

Does NBC have their heights posted? It doesn't seem worth doing a chart for the #s if we don't know their heights....

Glad no one went home this week.

FORT Newbie Tetris Champion, backGammon Champion, Broken Words Champion Debbie51495's Avatar

I don't know about NBC, that site is blocked at work, but Wikipedia has all their heights, starting weights and weekly progress/percentage as well as a re-cap of the week on their site - wiki "biggest loser Couples 4"

Did anyone else think it was completely inappropriate of Dr. H to tell Dan(Don?) the day he was going to die? I found that over the top, even for the Biggest Loser. I wasn't aware that amongst all his medical equipment and computer imaging machines he also had a crystal ball. I know it is just a projection, but saying "at the rate your going, you may not live another 10 years" is not the same as saying "you will die on xx/yy/zz". It's not like even if he drops the weight and gets healthy he will ever forget that date until it finally passes. Maybe it's just me, but it gave me the heebie jeebies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4145661;
    I noticed the black team guys didn't seem all that excited about winning...I can't figure out why...they didn't feel they did well enough? Everyone else was very excited....
    And 6 teams lost 11 lbs. more than 5 teams this week; last week 5 teams lost 11 lbs. more than 6, so not quite equivalent.

Ali looked very startled next week.

I liked her dress this week, and hair, especially the neckline. A nice change, more grown up.

Does NBC have their heights posted? It doesn't seem worth doing a chart for the #s if we don't know their heights....

Glad no one went home this week.

I think the Black team simply felt they didn't contribute enough, which is sad, because it is an accomplishment to lose six pounds in a week. Speaking of which, when they quickly showed the unknowns' losses for the week, it seemed like a couple of the teams were responsible for their overall impressive numbers, while the others were posting four to six pounds. Do the knowns understand that it's not that all the unknowns are doing so much better than they are but that their numbers are inflated by the particularly good results of a couple of people?

I think what with Ali looking startled (and not in a good way) and Jillian walking out, I wonder if someone posts an unusual weight gain next week. Or if more than one or two people post weight gains or lose nothing.

I'm glad no one went home too, as the knowns are really working at a disadvantage, which most of them did not choose, as the unknowns have four guaranteed weeks of security. I was also happy that the Orange team, down to one member, had the best overall weight loss percentage of all the teams, as that should be a big boost to her confidence that she can be successful even without her mom there. I also liked that the aqua team was so supportive of her at the weigh in. In fact, I like the aqua team's attitude in general, and I agree that there's no one who seems overly hateful this season. Some seasons there have been people I couldn't wait to be rid of and so far, I'm not getting that vibe from anyone.

And yeah, as someone else mentioned, I could have done without the victory dance at the end. It's kind of sad that even if he loses, say, two hundred pounds, which is more than a lot of people even weigh, he's still going to be very much overweight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast