+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marci and Courtney: Mother and Daughter - Season 11

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Marci and Courtney: Mother and Daughter - Season 11

Marci

Hometown: Valparaiso, Indiana
    Occupation: General Manager of a health club and restaurant owner

A 49-year-old wife and mother of two adult daughters, Marci tried out for "The Biggest Loser" to help her daughter, Courtney, but realized along the way that she needed to get healthy too. She was born and raised with five siblings in Gary, Indiana, and graduated from Lake Superior State College, where she received a bachelor's degree in sports and recreation management with an associate degree in business administration. Marci was lean and fit growing up, and played sports on a scholarship in college. But after having her daughters, she never lost all her pregnancy weight, and the stresses of work and life and her mother's death all contributed to additional weight gain. Marci, who now weighs 238 pounds, was particularly inspired by Season 8 contestant Shay Sorrells, and wants to be a better role model to her daughters by taking care of herself. She looks forward to playing racquetball again after losing the weight, as well as being more confident speaking in front of large crowds. She is excited to stand next to Courtney during her journey. Marci wants to share a message to fitness trainers to open their hearts and welcome reconditioned people with compassion and concern.

Courtney

Hometown: Valparaiso, Indiana

Courtney says "The Biggest Loser" inspired her to lose 112 pounds on her own, and now she hopes to lose an additional 150 pounds on the show to "get her life back quicker" and inspire others along the way. She was born in Crown Point, Indiana, and raised in Portage, Indiana with a younger sister before moving at age 14 to Valparaiso, where she currently resides. Courtney has struggled with weight her whole life, as has most of her family. She is currently studying for a degree in psychology at Indiana University Northwest. She knew she wanted to change her life on her 21st birthday, when she wasn't enjoying life and knew she needed a big change. Now one year later at age 22 and 323 pounds, Courtney is down 112 pounds. She feels like the next 150 pounds is going to be the hardest part, both mentally and physically, and is determined to figure out the reasons behind her weight gain so she can help others who are in the same position. "I want to prove that it's never too late to be what you might have been, even if you are over 400 pounds like I was just one year ago." She looks forward to finishing her weight loss journey, inspiring others, and "living the best life possible."
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Marci and Courtney: Mother and Daughter - Season 11

I really liked Courtney. She's fierce, a competitor (I don't mean that in a "gameplay" sense). Though I confess the revelation the family owns a Dairy Queen made me & the husband howl.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Marci and Courtney: Mother and Daughter - Season 11

The weight she lost on her own should show everyone how serious she is about changing her lifestyle.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread