+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Justin and Rulon: Friends - Season 11

Re: Justin and Rulon: Friends - Season 11

Over the weekend I ended up reading quite a few articles about him that criticized him for riding the fame train and living off his Olympic Gold Medal. While in one sense I get the complaints, but on the other hand he worked very hard to get that gold medal and shouldn't he get as much out of it as possible? Many folks criticizing him were also from his church and complain that he doesn't really live by the tenets of the church. Many also said that since the recession his motivational speaking appearances have dried up as well as memberships in his gym. This being a big reason he went on Biggest Loser. That explains a lot about why he left as he saw a golden opportunity for himself. Do I blame him? Not really. Its the way he did it. He also comes across very hypocritical about how hard he worked, his work ethic vs others on the ranch that he voted off and that they were one big happy family if he was basically using the show to get into shape to help himself, his marriage and his business. Comes across very calculated and underhanded.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hmm, explains some things. I couldn't figure out what a Gold Medalist would gain from being on TBL. I thought maybe TBL had either sought him out or that he and Justin got bumped to the front of the line when someone saw their audition tape.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Over the weekend I ended up reading quite a few articles about him that criticized him for riding the fame train and living off his Olympic Gold Medal. While in one sense I get the complaints, but on the other hand he worked very hard to get that gold medal and shouldn't he get as much out of it as possible? Many folks criticizing him were also from his church and complain that he doesn't really live by the tenets of the church. Many also said that since the recession his motivational speaking appearances have dried up as well as memberships in his gym. This being a big reason he went on Biggest Loser. That explains a lot about why he left as he saw a golden opportunity for himself. Do I blame him? Not really. Its the way he did it. He also comes across very hypocritical about how hard he worked, his work ethic vs others on the ranch that he voted off and that they were one big happy family if he was basically using the show to get into shape to help himself, his marriage and his business. Comes across very calculated and underhanded.
    He is just not a likeable guy. All reality shows have people who want exposure for career boosts or opportunity; I accept that. He did something to be asked to leave; this does not smack of integrity and that is what we all picked up on since day one. His vibe was off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234