+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin and Rulon: Friends - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Justin and Rulon: Friends - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The difference with Rulon is that is quit by just walking off the show, the other contestants quit by being voted out. Walking off the show makes you ineligible for any prize money, being voted off still allows you to compete for the at home prize. I am sure all the contestants were told the rules and probably signed contacts/releases to that effect. The only thing different about this season is that someone actually walked off.

Most reality shows like this do require the participants to have no outside contact. They all agreed to it. They all signed paperwork to that effect. They just have to suck it up to having no outside contact. Big Deal. It's not as if they are in prison abroad. They are not getting tortured, they can leave if they want, they get fed, they have a bed and a roof over their heads and they have the opportunity to lose weight, get healthy and win money.

What I find rather rude is on one hand Rulon is making all the right noises as far a publicity and on the other hand slamming the show. The show gave him the opportunity to get back to his wrestling weight and he is already training at the Olympic training center with an eye on the 2012 Olympic. Rather duplicitous of him.
    I'm just saying I don't think what Rulon did was any worse than what other people have done. And I don't think it was horrible that he called home if he did call home or if his wife did come to visit. There are a lot of quitters on the show. Quitting is quitting. If the reason he was voted off was because he walked off instead of asking to be voted off, then that's just a technicality. I mean, Jay went home for weeks and then came back and I think some of the other contestants might have liked to go home as well. I think it is more unfair that Jay stayed on the show despite being in the bottom and voted off.
    There are plenty of other reasons to hate Rulon though! When I saw the red team lost less weight than the other teams, I was so mad. They said they needed to stay on the ranch but Rulon sent them home anyway. Rulon sent them home because he believed they weren't working hard enough. He's a former Olympic champion. Does he really expect the average obese man to be able to keep up with him? The red team wasn't working hard enough but Rulon was eating whole bags of chips in his bed at night. What a hypocrite!

I believe that the no phone calls rule is enforced not out of meanness or even gameplay, but to reduce the risk of events at the ranch being made public before the show is aired. And if everyone else has to follow the rules - sneaking in your wife, I mean, really? - then Rulon has to as well. Someone who flouts the rules like that is probably someone who thinks they're above them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

He is just a self centered jerk....I didn't like him from day one and it got worse when he became a hypocrite by voting off the red team and we found out he was eating at night!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I'm just saying I don't think what Rulon did was any worse than what other people have done. And I don't think it was horrible that he called home if he did call home or if his wife did come to visit. There are a lot of quitters on the show. Quitting is quitting. If the reason he was voted off was because he walked off instead of asking to be voted off, then that's just a technicality. I mean, Jay went home for weeks and then came back and I think some of the other contestants might have liked to go home as well. I think it is more unfair that Jay stayed on the show despite being in the bottom and voted off.
    There are plenty of other reasons to hate Rulon though! When I saw the red team lost less weight than the other teams, I was so mad. They said they needed to stay on the ranch but Rulon sent them home anyway. Rulon sent them home because he believed they weren't working hard enough. He's a former Olympic champion. Does he really expect the average obese man to be able to keep up with him? The red team wasn't working hard enough but Rulon was eating whole bags of chips in his bed at night. What a hypocrite!
    Yes, when you look at it that way, it is an even bigger reason to think Rulon was a jerk and hypocrite. It also shows that he was focused on getting what he wanted from the show and screw anyone else. Also comparing how hard he works out, to a couple of sedentary slugs is ludicrous.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone know how these two were initially cast for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
    Does anyone know how these two were initially cast for the show?
    Submitted an audition tape.

Didn't know that Rulon is on his 4th marriage.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Didn't know that Rulon is on his 4th marriage.
    You mean it didn't work out with three other women? I can't imagine why.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    You mean it didn't work out with three other women? I can't imagine why.
    Big ego, tiny ......?

OH dear....I knew he was married once before....but three times?!?! Sheez.......
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast