+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Tilden, I agree. The pool or exercise bike would be easier on the knees. The young man on the blue team appears to be danger of injury too. His leg betrays him and no wonder; it is carrying so much weight. My choice would be Bob between the two; I have never liked Jillian's constant screeming.

    Maybabie, yes, Bob and Jillian had to know about the new trainers. They were probably not aware of the 4 week immunity though. I think production likes to get a genuine response from them concerning challenges and this would be in that catagory. I am with you on Dr H. Big yawn. He will show up soon though.

    This show needs some tweaking. The same old drama, tears, and maudlin speeches on the scale are tiring.

  2. #22
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,691

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    One of the best moments on the show was hearing that both Bob and Jillian thought 4 weeks of immunity was a good thing. duh, people try for immunity week after week and you get the chance of 4 weeks of immunity, of course go for it. For those who chose Bob and Jillian over the two new trainers because they have a proven track record, I thought were dumb. The producers of this show are not going to hire two unknowns who are going to sit around and do nothing. This is a job interview on who is going to replace Jillian when she leaves and it will be on national TV. The two unknowns will probably be harder on the contestants then Bob and Jillian will be. Do the contestants honestly think Bob and Jillian are the only trainers in the world? Besides the way this show is structured it is doubtful that any of the contestants will stick to their original trainers for the entire show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #23
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    I had heard that B/J were training two new possible trainers but I'm not sure that they thought they'd be on the show. But maybe they did and like Bearcata said...they weren't aware of the immunity.

    Also, if B/J team doesn't beat UT team next week then only one person goes home...not the whole team...so that means B/J will go from 8 to 4 players after 4 weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if they bring one or two of them back later in the season.

    I was dissappointed to not have seen the results of the UT team but then that would be one long weigh in....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  4. #24
    CCL
    CCL is online now
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4139240;

    I was dissappointed to not have seen the results of the UT team but then that would be one long weigh in....
    But in past seasons they have had the same (similar?) number of teams and showed all the weigh-ins. At the least they could have told us the numbers - we only got to know how 3 people did on that side.
    I hope they show us the new trainers already. It is annoying to see them in silhouette or from behind. And I've had enough of the male one twirling around my screen. That said, of the two, and based on the glimpses of training we've seen, I prefer him to her.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  5. #25
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,691

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    How come season 10 threads are mixed in with the season 11 threads? And where are the individual contestant threads?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4139219;
    One of the best moments on the show was hearing that both Bob and Jillian thought 4 weeks of immunity was a good thing. duh, people try for immunity week after week and you get the chance of 4 weeks of immunity, of course go for it. For those who chose Bob and Jillian over the two new trainers because they have a proven track record, I thought were dumb. The producers of this show are not going to hire two unknowns who are going to sit around and do nothing. This is a job interview on who is going to replace Jillian when she leaves and it will be on national TV. The two unknowns will probably be harder on the contestants then Bob and Jillian will be. Do the contestants honestly think Bob and Jillian are the only trainers in the world? Besides the way this show is structured it is doubtful that any of the contestants will stick to their original trainers for the entire show.
    Those who choose Bob and Jillian are star struck and thought they would please them, as well. They were not rewarded for their loyality!

    Absolutely they chose the new trainers carefully and deemed them excellent.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see the teams switch trainers at some point dictated by a challenge out come. I hope to see a lot more upsets and changes this season.

  7. #27
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4139219;
    One of the best moments on the show was hearing that both Bob and Jillian thought 4 weeks of immunity was a good thing. duh, people try for immunity week after week and you get the chance of 4 weeks of immunity, of course go for it. For those who chose Bob and Jillian over the two new trainers because they have a proven track record, I thought were dumb. The producers of this show are not going to hire two unknowns who are going to sit around and do nothing. This is a job interview on who is going to replace Jillian when she leaves and it will be on national TV. The two unknowns will probably be harder on the contestants then Bob and Jillian will be. Do the contestants honestly think Bob and Jillian are the only trainers in the world? Besides the way this show is structured it is doubtful that any of the contestants will stick to their original trainers for the entire show.
    as well. As it stands, with B/J, 4 out of 12 people are going home. If it had turned out to be teams eliminated, 4 out of only six teams would be gone. Those are terrible odds to pick.
    From a gameplay perspective, it was a huge benefit to pick the new trainers as those 4 weeks will give them time to build alliances, etc. Also, from strictly a weight loss perspective, 4 weeks guaranteed on the ranch is not an opportunity to pass up. Stupid on both counts to go with B/J.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    This show needs some tweaking. The same old drama, tears, and maudlin speeches on the scale are tiring.
    Yes! I find the "life story" bits are getting a bit gratuitous. Why do they need to drag out every skeleton in their closet to be on a weight loss show? "Hi, I'm obese, and this is how messed up my life is..." Just once, I'd like someone to say, "I'm heavy and I'm HAPPY. I just think it would be good for my health to lose this weight." All the drama is becoming a given. And a trick to get the other contestants to support them. That is bleh.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    But in past seasons they have had the same (similar?) number of teams and showed all the weigh-ins. At the least they could have told us the numbers - we only got to know how 3 people did on that side.
    I hope they show us the new trainers already. It is annoying to see them in silhouette or from behind. And I've had enough of the male one twirling around my screen. That said, of the two, and based on the glimpses of training we've seen, I prefer him to her.
    No kidding. I don't really care who they are anyway, and I'm not finding it suspenseful at all. Just another dumb ploy by the producers to make the show more dramatic.

    For all the stupidity, I do love this show overall. The basic concept works, but they need to back off the lame attempts at drama and suspense... it's insulting to the viewer's intelligence.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 01-05-2011 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #28
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Could be an interesting season, but again they persist with the idea that there is something magical about being on this show - Allison's comment that their success will depend on how long they stay on the ranch - and also something magical about training with Bob and Jillian - people actually choosing Bob and Jillian over 4 weeks of immunity. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your success is determined by your effort. It is not determined by who your trainer is or where you get trained. I lost 150 lbs in real life at home and I have never even met Bob or Jillian or read any of their books. Is it hard? Yes. But it absolutely can be done.

  9. #29
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4139388;
    :
    Yes! I find the "life story" bits are getting a bit gratuitous. Why do they need to drag out every skeleton in their closet to be on a weight loss show? "Hi, I'm obese, and this is how messed up my life is..." Just once, I'd like someone to say, "I'm heavy and I'm HAPPY. I just think it would be good for my health to lose this weight." Bleh.
    Obviously, I'm not on the show, but back when I weighed 311 lbs. I didn't let it stop me from having a full and productive life, and I was happy for the most part. I had hard times just like everyone does at times, and sure I hated it when I got on an airplane and I knew that everyone on the plane was secretly hoping that I wouldn't be sitting next to them. But it didn't stop me from flying and it didn't make me crawl into a hole. I also didn't get to that weight because I was abused as a child, had a sibling or parent die, had a spouse leave me or any of the other typical sob stories. I got to that weight because I liked to eat fattening foods, didn't want to exercise and didn't want to change. I lost the weight when I decided that I had to change for my own health and to be an example to my daughters.

  10. #30
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

    MomAt40Pls......I so agree with you! And you are an inspiration!!!

    I stated that I would have went with B/J....but thinking about it I'm not so sure I would have. Being put in that position and not given tons of time to really think on it....no telling what I would have done. But it is smarter to go with UT team....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.