+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

So its been widely reported that Jillian is leaving (again). And confirmed by the lady herself on her Twitter account that she's leaving after Biggest Loser 11.

Some might ask, "Well, what about Bob?"

I say... tear it all down. We KNOW Bob doesn't work without Jillian. It wasn't so much the lameness of Kim which made Season 3 stink (although she WAS), it was Bob being pushed as the frontman. He's a born #2 man and doesn't really have the charisma to be the "Senior Trainer".

So when Jill goes, I say let Bob go too and try a total reboot.

I doubt any of us know Personal Training circles well enough as a group to cast two new "star trainers". Really the ONLY casting suggestions I'd give (besides ditching Bob) is to NOT cast any of the former Loser contestants who have gone on to become trainers. And no Kim.

But aside from that, what OTHER changes would we like to see in the franchise if they attempt a total reboot? Rules changes, structure changes, schedule changes, etc.?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

Yeah....I heard that she was for sure not coming back after season 11. Which stinks!!!!

My stylist's husband is a trainer and let me just say....his methods and style and nutrition is a lot like Jillian's. I may mention this to her on Wed. when I go get my hair "done". He is known to take 250+ lb women and get them down so fit for fitness competetions. But other than him I have no clue for trainer suggestions.

BUT I would like to see more nutrition and less drama. I also like how they've been doing it where both trainers train everyone. I'll keep thinking on the changes....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

The focus is on the contestants, but other than that it's Jillian's show. After she leaves I'm guessing it's done for, particularly if she gets her own daytime program.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

What season are we on now?
    More than changes with the trainers, I would like to change the competition in some way so that I don't keep having to see contestants who have lost a decent amount of weight look downhearted on the scales.
    As for the trainers...I don't know any celebrity trainers. Maybe they'll do a "Search for the next Big Trainer" show or something. I've only ever seen Kim on my Biggest Loser workout dvd and she doesn't bother me on that so I don't care if she comes back or not.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I for one would like a season similiar to season 1 where you had contestants that were not supersize that could be seen at the finale at their goal weights or very close to their goal weights, a 100 lbs or less. In regards to that the criteria for the winner may have to be changed but it would be a refreshing change.

I too would like to see some different trianers. But like the above poster said if Jillian goes let it be a totally new set of trainers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Well, Jillian's replacement was already found and trained by Jillian herself. Per Jillian her replacement will be shown some on the next season. I like Jillian, but I will watch it without her. I would not watch it though if they got rid of Bob too. I do agree that Jill's replacement needs to be able to lead like Jill does. Bob has changed over the years though, he is not the same trainer as he was in Season 3. I think he could do much better now being #1 then he could back then.

I honestly just don't want Kim back. Otherwise I will give anyone a shot.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I would like seasons where the contestants aren't super huge and by makeover week look like they are very near their goal weights.

I also think that the contestants should be told upfront that there will be weeks with a red line, a yellow line, or both BUT they will not know which kind of week it is until they show up for the filmed weigh in. Might make waterloading a big gamble since no one would know from week to week how things would fall.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsClaus;4125935;
    I would like seasons where the contestants aren't super huge and by makeover week look like they are very near their goal weights.

I also think that the contestants should be told upfront that there will be weeks with a red line, a yellow line, or both BUT they will not know which kind of week it is until they show up for the filmed weigh in. Might make waterloading a big gamble since no one would know from week to week how things would fall.
    Now, this is a good idea.

MrsClaus, that is a good idea. I hate the waterloading.

I do think Bob has really changed. I noticed it some last season but this season it was like Bob and Jillian switcherd places...at times. I wonder if Jillian leaving is the reason. He wants to make a point that he can be #1. He is much different than he was in the season with Kim...which I didn't watch much of b/c I didn't care for her.

I also would like to see overweight contestants for a change and not extremely obese contestants.

I also had the thought that maybe they should do an all-stars...have the ones that have been a contestant in the past and gained the weight back come back to compete against each other...no money...or the money go to charity. Evidently the money didn't help them before so it should be about the changing their mindset, helping them deal with the real issues, etc.

One last thought...they need an actual therapist to help these contestants emotionally and mentally.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4126347;
    MrsClaus, that is a good idea. I hate the waterloading.

I do think Bob has really changed. I noticed it some last season but this season it was like Bob and Jillian switcherd places...at times. I wonder if Jillian leaving is the reason. He wants to make a point that he can be #1. He is much different than he was in the season with Kim...which I didn't watch much of b/c I didn't care for her.

I also would like to see overweight contestants for a change and not extremely obese contestants.

I also had the thought that maybe they should do an all-stars...have the ones that have been a contestant in the past and gained the weight back come back to compete against each other...no money...or the money go to charity. Evidently the money didn't help them before so it should be about the changing their mindset, helping them deal with the real issues, etc.

One last thought...they need an actual therapist to help these contestants emotionally and mentally.
    From what I have read the contestants, who have been eliminated, do have a support system. Production assistants are available to them to talk about what problems they were dealing, they have that body bug program. They may have therapists also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast