+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

Re: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

I would like to see the contestants talk more about food and how they miss it. I can't believe that when you want a nice hunk of chocolate cake that Extra Sugar-Free gum cures that craving. They want you to believe it does. I like when Curtis makes something that was high in fat and calories into a lower-calorie version and things like that. In all the seasons, they have never addressed how the contestants deal with not being able to have their favorite foods. I believe everything in moderation, but TBL seems to believe that fat is evil and you have to eat broiled fish and steamed veggies and Subway all the time. Isn't there a happy medium?

CCL

Good points, Maybaybie.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I read a rumor online that the new male trainer is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Celebrity trainer Brett Hoebel
    I have no idea how true that is.

I also read that the new female trainer may be either
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maureen Shea who appeared on MTV's "Made"
    or
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mikaela Mayer
    Once again these are just things I read online. There might not be an ounce of truth to it.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 12-15-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4127336;
    I would like to see the contestants talk more about food and how they miss it. I can't believe that when you want a nice hunk of chocolate cake that Extra Sugar-Free gum cures that craving. They want you to believe it does. I like when Curtis makes something that was high in fat and calories into a lower-calorie version and things like that. In all the seasons, they have never addressed how the contestants deal with not being able to have their favorite foods. I believe everything in moderation, but TBL seems to believe that fat is evil and you have to eat broiled fish and steamed veggies and Subway all the time. Isn't there a happy medium?
    I agree. They operate on the assumption that no one knows what healthy eating is and maybe the contestants don't, but the bulk of the viewing public has had enough exposure by now to know.

Losing weight is a calorie game and if I reduce my intake to 1200 I lose, exercise or not. It doesn't matter what those 1200 calories are. They could be all junk. Health is a seperate matter and of course make healthy choices but if you want a piece of chocolate cake, do so, but just include it in your daily allotment. I only deal with 20 pounds and I don't like fast food and only have a few junk passions. So for me it is all about getting the head set to just do it.

There is no way I will ever exist on only steamed vegetables and boneless chicken breasts. Food is to be enjoyed.

I have always found frustration with "diet" spots on TV shows. The donut whisperer has the right idea. I think she posts on this site sometimes. She has a website.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4128411;
    I agree. They operate on the assumption that no one knows what healthy eating is and maybe the contestants don't, but the bulk of the viewing public has had enough exposure by now to know.

Losing weight is a calorie game and if I reduce my intake to 1200 I lose, exercise or not. It doesn't matter what those 1200 calories are. They could be all junk.
    Health is a seperate matter and of course make healthy choices but if you want a piece of chocolate cake, do so, but just include it in your daily allotment. I only deal with 20 pounds and I don't like fast food and only have a few junk passions. So for me it is all about getting the head set to just do it.

There is no way I will ever exist on only steamed vegetables and boneless chicken breasts. Food is to be enjoyed.

I have always found frustration with "diet" spots on TV shows. The donut whisperer has the right idea. I think she posts on this site sometimes. She has a website.
    Perhaps this would suggest a game element as well. Allow some junk food into the house. It would be up to the contestants whether they ate it or not, but to teach them some of that moderation while they are still in the ranch environment. Those who over-indulged would suffer on the scale, and be sent home. Those who figured out the balance (or abstained) would still have success and then the contestants who reached the end would have learned better how to transition from ranch world to real world. Maybe if they learned how to eat ON the ranch, fewer contestants would "relapse" after the finale.

Of course, it could also make the numbers on the scale less drastic, so I doubt they'll ever do it.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4127518;
    I read a rumor online that the new male trainer is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Celebrity trainer Brett Hoebel
    I have no idea how true that is.

I also read that the new female trainer may be either
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maureen Shea who appeared on MTV's "Made"
    or
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mikaela Mayer
    Once again these are just things I read online. There might not be an ounce of truth to it.
    I don't see why we can't talk about those names in the clear. Its just speculation and not anything of a competitive nature (what reality show spoilers usually are).

Your last choice there... from the little I know of her, isn't she WAY too young, and also WAY too committed to the 2012 Olympics? So I don't see her happening, although she certainly could kick the ass of EVEN Jillian.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Well, this thread isn't marked spoilers or speculation. It's purely a thread for discussion of how we'd redo a new season. I can start a thread for spoilers and speculation for next season and then the spoiler tags won't be needed.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4128423;
    Perhaps this would suggest a game element as well. Allow some junk food into the house. It would be up to the contestants whether they ate it or not, but to teach them some of that moderation while they are still in the ranch environment. Those who over-indulged would suffer on the scale, and be sent home. Those who figured out the balance (or abstained) would still have success and then the contestants who reached the end would have learned better how to transition from ranch world to real world. Maybe if they learned how to eat ON the ranch, fewer contestants would "relapse" after the finale.
    Of course, it could also make the numbers on the scale less drastic, so I doubt they'll ever do it.
    The contestants make their own meals, how is that not learning how to eat on the ranch?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4130701;
    The contestants make their own meals, how is that not learning how to eat on the ranch?
    The rest of my post addressed that. I don't mean fixing healthy meals (which you are correct in saying they already do), I mean making healthy choices when less healthy ones are also available. I could eat healthy in a kitchen filled with Weight Control Oatmeal and Jenny-O turkey too.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4128423;

This is a great idea. I would love to see that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123