+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4117522;
    Previews:

The final four go home. I'm worried for Ada...not that it shows anything but I do worry for her.

Good night all! Hope you Westcoasters enjoy the show. My stomach is growling so before I give in I'm heading to bed :-)
    mandmmom2, thanks so much for posting for us west coasters! It looks like you are working very hard on your own quest to lose weight. I wish you well! I get inspired from this show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4117533;
    Rooting for Ada. Win girl, win!

Sad for Mark. I really liked him, and while I can understand that at this point you want to vote for someone you could beat to get to F3 it still sucks. He looks fantastic though, and I wish him well.

Considering the work Brendan does it was very...interesting how homogeneous Brendan's "welcome home" party was, and that's all I'm going to say about that. :/

Quick question: If you make Final 3 can you still be in the running for the at-home prize, or do they give a certain amount of money to the people who make 3rd and 2nd place?
    I don't think 2nd and 3rd get any money and they can't compete for the at home money but I could be wrong. Never really thought about it before.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4117529;
    So next week they go home...and then do they come back and weigh in, and the top two are in the F3 and we vote on the 3rd person? I could be wrong, but I think that even if Ada is in the bottom 2 we will vote her in...unless people think they are doing her a favor by letting her go for the at home prize.
    And Mark going home, wow... until this week he was leading pretty much the whole way in the race to lose 50% of one's starting weight. Really was a big threat so no wonder the others took him out. I don't know why he's disappointed...he must have known about the alliance....
    He didn't sound like he knew about the alliance (maybe they made him believe he was part of it) or he thought his buddies would keep him. Didn't he say the guys had his back? I like Mike sorry to see him leave.

I always hate it when these alliances form these guys seem so cocky. I was glad Brendan went, too bad the other two are still there. I was hoping Patrick would fall below the yellow line and voted out. I was so irritated Ada gave him the car, he would get rid of her in a minute, just like he did Mark. For some reason he thinks he is the only person with financial problems. I'm sure they all could use the money. I hate it when people use the pity card like Patrick is doing.

I may be wrong but don't all four come back and weigh in? The person that has lost most will be in the final two, the other two voted on by the viewers. My vote will be for Ada. If the vote is between Patrick and Frado I won't vote.

If I remember correctly, this is their last week on campus and they say their goodbyes, have personal visits with B&J and see "before" pictures of themselves. Then they have their last weigh in. The 2 people with the highest percentage of weight loss at that weigh in are guarenteed in the final 3. The 2 people with the lowest percentage have to plead their case to the public to vote for them. Then they all go home for a few months and the next time we see them is at the finale. Usually in the first 5 minutes of the show, Ali announces who "America has picked" as the final person to make the Top 3. The one who doesn't make it I believe is eligible for the at home prize, but I'm not sure about that one. I don't remember a season where the #4 person won the at home prize, but I may be remembering wrong. Someone help me out on this, please.

I was happy to see Brendan get eliminated. The only other senario I would have liked to have seen is Frado and Patrick below the yellow line. Then I would have been
    I knew Frado would not vote Elizabeth and that meant Patrick would not.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4117698;
    He didn't sound like he knew about the alliance (maybe they made him believe he was part of it) or he thought his buddies would keep him. Didn't he say the guys had his back? I like Mike sorry to see him leave.
    A few weeks ago, one of the three (I think Brendan) stated that all of the people left thought they were in an alliance with the three. They had promised Ada final four, Mark final four, etc. That's why I think everything has been so easy for them.

I think if Ada is in the bottom two, America will vote her through.
    My fear is that if Elizabeth is in the bottom two with one of the two guys left, America will vote Elizabeth through. I'm sorry, I just don't think she belongs in the final three, even if people don't like Patrick and Frado.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4117705;
    If I remember correctly, this is their last week on campus and they say their goodbyes, have personal visits with B&J and see "before" pictures of themselves. Then they have their last weigh in. The 2 people with the highest percentage of weight loss at that weigh in are guarenteed in the final 3. The 2 people with the lowest percentage have to plead their case to the public to vote for them. Then they all go home for a few months and the next time we see them is at the finale. Usually in the first 5 minutes of the show, Ali announces who "America has picked" as the final person to make the Top 3. The one who doesn't make it I believe is eligible for the at home prize, but I'm not sure about that one. I don't remember a season where the #4 person won the at home prize, but I may be remembering wrong. Someone help me out on this, please.
    This is what I remember also. They are at campus another week and the hightest two are in the finale and America votes between the bottom two. I do think #4 gets to compete at the at home prize at that point.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4117774;
    My fear is that if Elizabeth is in the bottom two with one of the two guys left, America will vote Elizabeth through. I'm sorry, I just don't think she belongs in the final three, even if people don't like Patrick and Frado.
    Even though I like Elizabeth I have to agree with you on that. Then again, it would be loltastic if she makes F3, goes home, drops big numbers and actually won! She's working a lot harder lately than she used to, but unfortunately she seems to have one of those bodies that clings to every single pound and causes her to lose weight very slowly.

As much as I want to say "LOL AT YOU" about Brendan I simply can't. He looked so crushed last night. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get that close to the end, only to be automatically dropped because you didn't pull the numbers that week.

FORT Fogey

I am happy Brenden went home too! I knew one of them would go, without a doubt, when we saw that alliance claiming that one of the three was going to be the winner. Editing loves these moments!

Again Ada shares another horrific moment from her parents. "It should have been you." Really? This reaches far beyond cultural differences. These are despicable people. Hopefully, Ada is on her way to understanding that this is all about them and has nothing to do with her. That is a tall order and perhaps the fact their position is so extreme and horrible she can see this clearly at some point down the line. I would not be surprised to hear that the show pays for therapy. Not being loved unconditionally by your parents is a tough road. But your parents wishing you were dead instead of your brother is beyond comprehension.

I am very curious what her parents reaction is as they watch this show and see their daughters pain. I will venture to guess that they are outraged and using this as more fuel for their fire. I can hear them telling her she disgraced the family.

Does she live at home? I think she does. She must move out and surround herself with friends immediately!

Frado and Patrick are due for a bad week or that is what I am hoping anyway. I don't see Ada making it another week unless this happens. Elizabeth will be in the bottom two and if she is there with Ada it doesnt look good. The men have some pact to keep Elizabethe there as long as they can. And Ada would be the only threat, as well.

I hope Ada is reading message boards so she can see how much support she has.

To the Point

Ada really needs some serious help/therapy in finding her worth outside of her family situation. All families have their issues, but hers just seems to be sooooo messed up. It's so easy for us watching to say that she just needs to move on or have nothing to do with them, but most people desire to have that connection. It's sad to think that hers is so terribly toxic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast