Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

The one hour format is too fast to be inspiring for me. I like to relax, settle in, and feel good for 2 hours a night once a week. Although they need to improve the content of those two hours, e.g. show more of the nutrition angle, therapy-related issues (a la Jackie Warner's thintervention, etc.)

I'm know this is an unpopular sentiment on the boards, but that is my 2 cents.

Whateever they decide, it will be driven by ratings. If they can fit another show in that does better for one of the the existing hours, that is what they will do.

I agree Jexter....one hour feels too rushed. I like the two hours but I'd rather see more nutrional info in that two hours. Or maybe 90minutes. I would have like to have seen more of what they did with the Marines on base. That would have kept my interest.

Also, I think most of them gained for three reasons 1) sodium, 2) stress, 3) portion control. I know they had no control over what they were eating BUT they had control over how much of it they ate. I do think they will have bigger looses next week. I think Frado gained more than the others b/c maybe his body holds onto sodium more than the others. I have to watch my sodium intake extremely closely while my sister can eat double my sodium intake and not gain.

I also think Ada will have to work extremely hard to remain the biggest loser on her team, otherwise she is next to go. She should have kept Anna and formed an alliance with the girls.

Does anyone remember when they go to singles?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm ok with 2 hours if at least a half an hour isn't repetition...the weigh in last night went maybe a little too fast for me, but I can definitely do without hearing Allison repeat the same phrases over and over again...often for the same contestant! I, too, would rather much more info on nutrition, since, as we saw this week with the Marines, it makes a big difference. Currently we mostly hear about nutrition when it is a celebrity chef day or a product plug day.

FORT Fogey

I would like 2 hours as well but not more nutritional information. Do we really need more? I am curious as to how many calories each has been told to consume. I would like to see them sharing a meal so we can see what they are eating, though. More focus on the upbeat congenial times would be enjoyable. They all become attached to each other and close friendships are formed but we don't see that unfolding.

They all bring smaller clothes but we never see them delighting in trying them on and you know they check this often to see how close they are to zipping them up!

I FF through the psychology talks, tears and drama. Why not focus on now and all the good that will result from their effort?

I knew immediately when I saw the Marines that no one would have good losses. Over doing cardio will cause your body to freak, lower your metabolism and hang on to fat and water. They were exhausted as they staggered through that ridiculous workout. That was a prescription for disaster. Jillian knew that too and said so. Sure the food had something to so with this but both are contributers. Next week losses will be huge.

When someone is injured and relegated to the pool and eating wisely they lose just as much as everyone else. It appears they exercise way too much and bodies balk at some point at being worked too hard. I would like a more balanced view of their time on the ranch including injuries. It needs tweaking.

There is still nobody in this bunch that I am really pulling for which is sad because last year there were quite a few that I enjoyed watching! Frado still seems all about game play to me and maybe he drank tons of water before his weigh in so he will have a big number next week...I dunno. Nobody really seems to have that draw for me that makes me want to watch them. I don't know why I am so put off with this group. But....I will continue to watch.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick;4098923;
    There is still nobody in this bunch that I am really pulling for which is sad because last year there were quite a few that I enjoyed watching! Frado still seems all about game play to me and maybe he drank tons of water before his weigh in so he will have a big number next week...I dunno. Nobody really seems to have that draw for me that makes me want to watch them. I don't know why I am so put off with this group. But....I will continue to watch.
    I agree, no one jumps out at me either. Perhaps that will change as they play as individuals. Hard to get to know anyone when in teams.

So...just to let everyone know that I may not be able to watch the show until tomorrow so won3 be updating tonight :-(. I am getting ready to go to hospital to be with my DH..his dad is in middle of quintruple bypass....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4101515;
    So...just to let everyone know that I may not be able to watch the show until tomorrow so won3 be updating tonight :-(. I am getting ready to go to hospital to be with my DH..his dad is in middle of quintruple bypass....
    Best wishes to his dad...wow, basically replumbing his entire heart! Hopefully he'll come out of this in greatly improved shape.
    We'll look for your comments tomorrow.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345