+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing with the numbers

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Playing with the numbers

I know---they hinted at some kind of "gender war" in the previews for this week, so maybe we'll see.... But it's early days yet. Don't think many of the guys can keep this up... and don't forget that first weigh in does represent two weeks of work... but still....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

An update on the measure of where they are in terms of percentage of progress towards a 50% weight loss goal...

Rick (gastric bypass) lost 21% of the total he needs to lose to hit 50% of his original weight—MORE than 1/5 of the total! 2nd week up to 23%--BIG slowdown, but still leading by a little
    Mark lost 19% of what he needs to lose; 2nd week up to 22%
    Brendan lost 17%; 2nd week 18 %
    Adam lost 17%;2nd week 21% (passing Brendan)
    Jesse lost 16%;2nd week 20% (passing Brendan)
    Fredo lost 15%;2nd week 15%
    Ada lost 14%;2nd week 17% (passing Fredo, who probably waterloaded)
    Aaron lost 13%;2nd week 14%
    Tina lost 12%;2nd week 14%(she has also lost more than 44% of what she needs to reach 50% since leaving the ranch—nearly halfway there)
    Lisa lost 11%;2nd week 13%
    Patrick lost 11%;2nd week 15% (passing Aaron, Tina and Lisa)
    Allie lost 10% (she has also lost more than 37% of what she needs to lose to reach 50%, since leaving the ranch...a little over 1/3 of the way there)
    Burgandy lost 10%;2nd week 10%
    Sophia lost 10%;2nd week 13% (passing Lisa)
    Jessica lost 10%;2nd week 16% (passing everyone below Ada!)
    Elizabeth lost 10%;2nd week 11% (passing Burgandy)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Current order (week 2) by % of way to a 50% loss:
    Rick 23%
    Mark 22%
    Adam 21%
    Jesse 20%
    Brendan 18%
    Ada 17%
    Jessica 16%
    Fredo 15% (probable waterloading)
    Patrick 15%
    Aaron 14%
    Sophia 13%
    Lisa 13%
    Elizabeth 11%
    Burgandy 10%
    Brendan really slipped. Jessica lost another 6%, way more than anyone else.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

After the Oct. 12th show we can see a real gap developing in the race to hit 50% loss... These #s show what % they've lost of what they need to lose to get to a 50% weight loss, rounded to the nearest whole #. If two contestants show the same # the contestant listed first actually had lost a tiny bit more.

Rick 30%
    Mark 29%
    Adam 28%
    Frado 27%
    Ada 26%
    Jesse 26%
    Brendan 26%

Aaron 21%
    Jessica 20%
    Lisa 19%
    Elizabeth 17%
    Patrick 17%
    Sophia 16%
    Burgandy 16%

At the "follow ups" Burgandy has lost 44% of what she needs to lose to hit 50% and Sophia has lost 35%.

Seeing it like this....first off made me realize there are only 4 women left on the ranch. Wow....if the women keep dropping like filies the ranch will be a boys club in about 4 wks.....less if they continue the red line drama. Second...Ada really is holding her own...she is right up there with the guys. Also, I noticed how close every one is but that there is a big gap between the top 7 and the bottom 7.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here's the loss percentages overall.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Missyboxers. I agree with mandmmom2 that it doesn't look like the women other than Ada have a prayer. Even Patrick and Aaron don't look too good unless they start stepping it up. It could be that when Aaron gets below 400 his fat to muscle ratio will have changed enough that he can begin to really push it and will get out of that bottom half.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hi all--been away and off line and off TV the last couple of weeks...haven't even seen the shows I missed, but I caught last night's show. Here's something on the percentage of weight they've lost of the weight needed to reach a 50% loss. I'll try to use the records here to catch up on the shows I missed sometime soon.

So as of yesterday
    Mark had lost 44% of what he needs to lose to reach a 50% loss
    Ada had lost 42%
    Jesse had lost 39%
    Frado had lost 38%
    Aaron had lost 36%
    Brendan had lost 35%
    Patrick had lost 35%
    Lisa had lost 32%
    Jessica had lost 30%
    Anna had lost 30% (and at her "where is she now" visit was up to 48%)
    Elizabeth had lost 25%

As usual when numbers appear tied the order is based on what the % is if I hadn't rounded it off. So it continues to be true that Ada is the only woman in the running for winner. Of course as I mentioned above I expect to see some really big numbers next week from some of these people who only dropped a pound or even gained, assuming that part of the issue was water retention from salty food. We'll see!

Wow! Basically this, in a way, shows us that to win BL you'll have to loose 55% or more.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Weekly report on how close they each are to losing 50% of their weight, in terms of a %lost of what they need to lose to reach that target. In order

Mark has lost 49% of what he needs to lose
    Jesse 48%--sent home
    Frado 47%
    Ada 47%
    Brendan 45%
    Patrick 45%
    Jessica 38%
    Aaron 38%---sent home
    Lisa 38%
    Elizabeth 31%

As always have rounded to the nearest whole #, but listed them in order using fractions of a % to decide the order--so what appear to be ties aren't.

They took out Jesse and Aaron this week and no updated weights were given. Mark is now 2% ahead of the nearest surviving competitor. If he takes out Frado or Ada next week he's really opening up a gap. Jesse has a good shot at the at home prize though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast