+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ada - Season 10

Ada - Season 10

Height:5'6"
    Hometown:San Francisco, CA

Ada has struggled with weight her entire life, and was shy growing up in Gilroy, California, with her younger brother and parents, who emigrated from China. Ridiculed about her weight and with no encouraging and supportive people around her, she turned to food for comfort. As she went through her school years, her personality blossomed and she excelled as a student. Her hard work continued at the University of San Francisco, where Ada earned a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on international business. Now 27 years old and 258 pounds, Ada hopes losing weight will allow her to feel more confident, feel good about her life, and finally be happy. She looks forward to shopping for clothes when she loses weight, as well as snowboarding, rock climbing and even running a marathon.

Re: Ada - Season 10

She's pretty.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow, she's a local! I was unaware of that this whole season until now.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't even know that I could stomach any of them winning except for her.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;4115268;
    I don't even know that I could stomach any of them winning except for her.
    Same for me.

Well, Mark is okay, but he's been pretty under the radar. And he probably only looks good in comparison to the other 4.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

aaI am rooting for Ada too.

I would love to see her win. Her parents would be very happy and likely have a positive reaction. And she would say, thank you but I would like to see you love me for who I am, not because I won anything. Keep working on that and lets plan to get together once a month to see how you do! HA!
    Last edited by shoepie; 11-30-2010 at 06:52 AM.

I am an Ada fan as well. I thought it was great that she and Brendan let Patrick win the car. Does anyone know more about her brother drowning? It sounded like Ada was really young when it happened.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

The only thing I know is that she was very young and in the water with him. They blamed her, and still blame her, for the drowning....like she could have saved him at her age.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4117291;
    The only thing I know is that she was very young and in the water with him. They blamed her, and still blame her, for the drowning....like she could have saved him at her age.
    She said she was either 2 or 3, she couldn't remember exactly which age, when it happened. Who expects their 2-3 year old to watch their little brother in the pool?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's been discussed in more detail in other threads, but there was a 2nd son who died of SIDS I think, and then a third who was in a car crash (survived) with Ada driving when she was a teen, and her parents said something like, are you trying to kill them ALL? They definitely seem to blame her for the drowning, even though if anyone is to blame it is them for leaving the baby with only a toddler/preschooler to watch him. Plus there's the whole boys are more valuable thing going on in their original culture.

+ Reply to Thread