+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think Daris has shown what happens in real life. You lose, you gain, then you lose again. If a person is not watching every bite that goes in his mouth, then the weight will come back on.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Newbie

Cape - I totally thought the same thing. I wasn't paying attention and looked up and thought, who is that hottie standing behind Daris? Then went Holy Crap! That's Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3907621;
    What is "trending"?
    Trending topics on twitter are essentially the most tweeted about topics at any given moment, and specifically, I had checked the worldwide and us lists.

FORT Regular

for a second i thought daris was playing the game. he isn't big enough to win, but the #4 man/woman has the best shot at winning the at home prize. final 3 doesn't mean much in the end, beyond the personal accomplishment.

sionne did gain weight, huh? he was still able to jog, so that's a good thing - i guess.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Dang! It was my sig. other's birthday so we were out... got back just in time to see Daris being harrangued on the scale by Bob.
    I'm not surprised Michael was a hottie at 299. There was a shot of him early on the show, showing him back when he weighed "only" 300 lbs. and he was goodlooking then.
    And I love TBL romance... rats! Have to see if I can watch it on line.

FORT Regular

i forgot to mention Mike being totally star struck when (young) Mike came out to run with him. lol he was so excited.

I dunno, Daris lost me with that weight gain. I've been working hard on my running, so I want to eat all the time now, and as a result have gained a very stubborn 4 lbs. You get the mindset that you're working so incredibly hard that you deserve to eat a little extra, maybe have something not so good for you, and the next thing you know you've actually put on weight. He's had the benefit of two professional trainers and months on end at a ranch where the right type of food is the only option available, so he gets no pass from me by not being able to keep it together at home. If I could have voted, I would have gone with Koli.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3908062;
    Trending topics on twitter are essentially the most tweeted about topics at any given moment, and specifically, I had checked the worldwide and us lists.
    Thanks, Missyboxers! I'm definately behind the curve ball with all the "social media" stuff.

Reg. Daris, I can't help but think the kid needs to get out of Dodge - or whereever the heck he lives.

It seems as if there isn't enough to engage him in a productive way where he lives.

Could be wrong, but if Jillian had to take a helicopter to reach him, there can't be much going on.

Also, I think Daris is such a reserved person that he probably doesn't make friends too easily. He needs to be more outgoing and really work at placing himself in healthy social situations, I think.

Yeah, I don't know why Jillian "had" to take a helicopter other than a matter of time. Daris is in Ardmore, Oklahoma... smack dab in between OK City and Dallas. Less than an hour and a half drive from either.. and Ardmore has an airport, too. Not a big national airport, but... ?

But... that doesn't mean that Ardmore is exactly what others would consider "booming" with a lot of options. I wasn't exactly surprised with the gym he had available to him.

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

AJane....I do agree but he is so young and so inward that he is eating with his emotions instead of dealing with his emotions. I think he has had so many changes in the past few months that he is starting to stress. Yes, he knows how to eat good but knowing and doing...big difference and it isn't hard. I do hope that he gets it together and drops the rest of his weight...for himself and not for the money. He does need to open up more. It seems he was more outgoing as a bigger person...and now that he isn't that bigger person anymore he doesn't know what to do with himself. Maybe he feels he lost himself inwardly and not just outwardly. Maybe he is more self aware of himself and not sure what to do. Maybe he doesn't "like" himself on the inside anymore. No clue but I do think he should see a counselor. Maybe deal with all his personal issues soon.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread