+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Even though Daris is older than Mikey (Ron's son, previous season), it might have been nice to pair them up---Mike could maybe give Daris some advice on how to handle the change in your life once your inner cutie pie emerges. Especially since Mike seems to have done OK keeping it off.

I agree PWS!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I like Daris a lot more than Koli. Koli has been pretty full of himself this season. Still, I think Koli deserves to stay over Daris. He worked hard and lost 13 pounds, whereas Daris actually GAINED weight. He fell off the wagon and binged at night. I feel bad for him, but it doesn't seem fair for Koli to lose to someone who really messed up that much. YMMV.

But...Koli may have gained too if he stayed home but instead he went to LV to be away from home...so he wouldn't gain. That isn't right.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3909944;
    Even though Daris is older than Mikey (Ron's son, previous season), it might have been nice to pair them up---Mike could maybe give Daris some advice on how to handle the change in your life once your inner cutie pie emerges. Especially since Mike seems to have done OK keeping it off.
    How about a season of "average joe" with Mikey and Daris as the two bachelors!! I'll bet they'd go for the "real" girl rather than the shallow beauty...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3909989;
    I like Daris a lot more than Koli. Koli has been pretty full of himself this season. Still, I think Koli deserves to stay over Daris. He worked hard and lost 13 pounds, whereas Daris actually GAINED weight. He fell off the wagon and binged at night. I feel bad for him, but it doesn't seem fair for Koli to lose to someone who really messed up that much. YMMV.
    I totally hand it to Daris for sticking it out and trying to learn to adjust, and actually feeling/experiencing how HARD it is to be home in his "normal" environment. When Koli went to Vegas and tried to talk Bob into believing his "it's about the win" and I can figure it out later spelled doom for him in my book. I applaud a 2 pound gain in a month, given he doesn't have a huge support system and fancy gym available to the escape mode in a different city even while surrounded by college guys - that's more living in isolation like on the ranch, with temptation challenges... than being at home with family, friends (and Sam/Stephanie??).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3911512;
    I totally hand it to Daris for sticking it out and trying to learn to adjust, and actually feeling/experiencing how HARD it is to be home in his "normal" environment. When Koli went to Vegas and tried to talk Bob into believing his "it's about the win" and I can figure it out later spelled doom for him in my book. I applaud a 2 pound gain in a month, given he doesn't have a huge support system and fancy gym available to the escape mode in a different city even while surrounded by college guys - that's more living in isolation like on the ranch, with temptation challenges... than being at home with family, friends (and Sam/Stephanie??).
    Wonder if that's part of the reason he "got out of Dodge"? Although it sounded like Sam had moved away to be with Steph...

CMS
    FORT Newbie

I think Koli has made it really clear from the first episode that he is in it to win the money. When he and Sam came in second during the 26.2 mile bike race, he made a comment about the only thing that really mattered was coming in first. I find it really sad actually because everyone else seems to have grown so much (even though there have been struggles - Daris, I'm talking to you), but he hasn't. I'm most impressed with Ashley. She really seems to have changed a lot. Even during the marathon, she talked about being able to do things she couldn't do before. Koli's comments were about "getting it over with". I think he will be gaining a lot of his weight back after the finale.

I hope Daris gets voted into the final 3. I can't vote from Canada, so someone place a vote for me!!

I would really like to see Ashley take it all - my second choice would be Michael (even though I really didn't like it when he stacked his team so much).

Welcome, CMS!

I don't know about Koli. I get the feeling that he's battling a lot of inner demons and for him, coming in first wouldn't have been a purely competitive thing. It's almost like he thinks he HAS to come in first. Maybe a lack of recognition in his large family? He definitely seems to have a deep seated insecurity that I don't think has been tapped into yet... and maybe that's what has always led him to be so protective of Sam and proud of his successes. Hmmm....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

(my bolding)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3909944;
    Well.

I had to read on after that!

+ Reply to Thread