+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I had a feeling I had wrong singer...

I too love Sam and Steph's apartment! They look really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3894347;
    Currently Daris is in the lead, as far as weight loss with 40.8%.

Daris - 40.8%
    Koli - 39.5%
    Michael - 36.5%
    Ashley - 36.4%
    Sunshine - 35.3%

I got my figures from the Biggest Loser: Couples 3 wiki. They have a really neat chart at the bottom that you can sort by name, height, weight, BMI and percentage lost.
    So...Sam is at 36.6% weight loss...I was wrong..Michael is a bigger threat b/c Sam has hit his goal weight...not to say he would've kept going to make sure he was in the running.

Ashley isn't far behind Michael and Koli not far behind Daris. I sure hope Daris can beat Koli...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

I'd be fine with any of them winning at this point. Maybe not Ashley (she bugs for some reason. Though the last couple of episodes she has not been so grating). I'm still on the Koli-fan train. I didn't realize Michael was so high percentage-wise.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So Sam is at his goal weight? But the upper BMI range for 6'4" is 205 according to our "by the numbers thread" and he's not near that. Not saying he doesn't look good... Hmmm maybe there's a typo in the BMI column?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3894587;
    So Sam is at his goal weight? But the upper BMI range for 6'4" is 205 according to our "by the numbers thread" and he's not near that. Not saying he doesn't look good... Hmmm maybe there's a typo in the BMI column?
    I think the BMI listed is probably correct. There are a couple of things the note about BMI. BMI is less accurate for tall and short people. I am not sure but I think it allows for short people to be more overweight and tall people need to be skinnier. I could be wrong about that though. Also, it does not distinguish between muscle weight and fat weight so a muscular person could be "overweight" even though they are physically fit. I remember learning a while ago that the cut-offs are based on elevated risk. Well, the cut-offs aren't the best indicators of risk but also that risk changes depending on ethnicity. Asians are "at risk" at a lower BMI and Pacific Islanders are "at risk" at a higher BMI. So it might be ok that Sam is bigger because he is muscular, taller, Samoan, and let's not forget about his extra skin...

Also, when it comes to makeovers, this is the worst makeover episode ever!
    Sunshine looked good but it didn't last.
    Mike looked really good!
    Ashley looked the same.
    Sam looked nice except for the beard. The beard ruined it.
    I thought Koli looked adorable but not hot.
    Daris was the worst makeover in the history of makeovers. And his hair doesn't qualify for locks of love.

I'm sad Sam left because it was a joy to see someone actually get fit on the ranch! I think Some people will regret keeping Michael. I like him though so I'm glad he got to stay. I hope Daris is the next to go because he looks the most fit. I'm not shocked that Ashley is doing so well. She was all fat when she came on the ranch. I'm tired of the pink team winning but GIRL POWER!
    Last edited by RealityLovesMe; 05-05-2010 at 02:33 PM.

To the Point

If they cut off 10 inches of Daris' hair, why wouldn't it qualify? Was it because of the way they cut it off, or what? Just curious...I didn't get to watch the makeover portion of the show.

FORT Fan

Loved how Sam said he comes home every night to the At Home Prize.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3894666;
    If they cut off 10 inches of Daris' hair, why wouldn't it qualify? Was it because of the way they cut it off, or what? Just curious...I didn't get to watch the makeover portion of the show.
    Firstly, I believe that Locks of Love is a sham. They sell most of the hair that is donated to them, they don't produce a lot of wigs, the charity was never meant to help kids with cancer, and the wigs they produce are usually not free. Secondly, there are a lot of requirements for hair donors. The hair has to be donated in a pony tail or braid and it has to be more than 10 inches. I don't know if they accept curly hair that has not been straightened to demonstrate that it is more than 10 inches. Daris' hair will likely be sold. Anyway, it is better to just buy a kid a wig.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, that's depressing--above about the charity--so many teens contribute hair to it!

Re Daris' makeover... the worst? I thought it was amazing....I actually said, "who's that?" when they showed him. Of course then he ruined it by creating the Lyle Lovett effect the next day. But the way the hairdresser did it I thought he looked good.

I thought Michael's and Daris' makeovers were the best.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast