+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Marlena, I like your argument that culture could come into play when it comes to how close Sam and Koli are. I'm not sure that it is true but I think it just goes to show that it is tough to understand how other people relate to one another sometimes. I am not surprised that they are that close although I am not that close to my cousins. Maybe it is because I've been exposed to different cultures. I'm not sure but their bond is understandable to me.
    I think O'Neil feels really guilty about Sunshine's weight. He blames himself for not teaching her healthy habits. I do forget that she is a grown woman sometimes.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3883843;
    Okay, I tried the Yoplait greek yogurt today... sooooooo not impressed! I'm glad to hear you guys say that's not how it all is because I would not be eating it again! I ate about half and it did fill me up more than my usual Fiber One or Light n Fit but it almost had a chalky after taste. It made me want to brush my teeth and tongue. Are they always so thick, too? I didn't mind it but it threw me off at first and it was much harder to stir. I certainly firgured out why it was more filling. I've seen the Chobani around here but Fage does not ring a bell. But, because you guys say so, I will look for a non-Yoplait brand and give a (hopefully) more authentic one a try. Thanks, guys!
    Without adding Splenda, I find Greek yogurt to be quite chalky. Yes, they are always that thick... one of the big "plusses" of Greek yogurt. I always have to stir, stir, stir Greek yogurt is very different than (gawd, I hate to use this term) regular yogurt. I love yogurt in general and will eat pretty much any kind. I know Greek is better for you so that is typically what I eat but I'm not picky. My DH won't go near ANY kind of yogurt and cannot understand the appeal LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3883843;
    Okay, I tried the Yoplait greek yogurt today... sooooooo not impressed! I'm glad to hear you guys say that's not how it all is because I would not be eating it again! I ate about half and it did fill me up more than my usual Fiber One or Light n Fit but it almost had a chalky after taste. It made me want to brush my teeth and tongue. Are they always so thick, too? I didn't mind it but it threw me off at first and it was much harder to stir. I certainly firgured out why it was more filling. I've seen the Chobani around here but Fage does not ring a bell. But, because you guys say so, I will look for a non-Yoplait brand and give a (hopefully) more authentic one a try. Thanks, guys!
    I found Yoplait to have a totally different/disgusting texture. I can't even begin to explain the differences. However, I do not find the other brands to have that strange, I need to brush my teeth right now, type of after taste. I much prefer the Greek to other types of yogurt.

Found an article that describes how the challenges are tested?

Newfound Respect for 'The Biggest Loser' Contestants - Yahoo! TV Blog

Yahoo! TV Blog
    Newfound Respect for 'The Biggest Loser' Contestants
    By Liz Coughlin | Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 1:00 PM

Climb, climb, climb!
    Yahoo! TV

Over the years I have been spoiled by spending time with "The Biggest Loser's" casts and trainers up at the Ranch. I kept telling my coworkers how special (and difficult) the show experience is, and most didn't believe me... until a few weeks ago!

The producers called with a gift: They invited us up to the Ranch for an afternoon. We jumped at the chance — until we heard there was a catch. "We need some help testing a challenge and you guys will see just how hard it really is for the contestants." As fans, we were all excited; how hard could it really be? We got a little cocky: Some of the contestants still have a ways to go, and most of us are in decent-enough shape. A water challenge or a cool heights-based challenge sounds like fun, right?

[Check out photos of the Yahoo! TV team at the "Biggest Loser" ranch.]
    Slide Show Photos

Sure, we had fun for a few hours, touring the Ranch, meeting the crew, hanging out with the remaining cast in the kitchen and the gym. I tried on one of Darrell's first 6XL shirts in the wardrobe room, and it was an enormous dress on me. And Chrissy, Yahoo! TV's managing editor, told Sam in the gym, "Wow, you look HOT!" (and he is, I promise). He was so psyched, he couldn't stop grinning.

But then we drove out to the field at the edge of the Ranch, and we saw the ladders and the beam 50 ft. in the air, and the 20 members of the challenge department with their helmets and safety harnesses. My team looked at me and said, "Liz, you stink. Do we have to do this? It looks terrifying." Since I had an injury and couldn't get medical clearance, I said, "Just try it. Give it your best." (Ha! I didn't have to do it! But it actually looked like fun to me.) With snide comments here and there, they all agreed to at least try.

For those of you who watched the episode, here's the reality of OUR experience:

* It was a lot taller, and a lot scarier looking from the get-go. For the actual contestants, they removed one length of the ladder, which made it less imposing, plus the climb was a little easier and quicker for them.

* We had legitimate engineers on our team — and they knocked out the challenge in record time (Mike, our Sr. Engineering Manager, even beat the time posted by the challenge department, who creates these shenanigans!) But the non-engineers in our group certainly struggled with how to construct the base (check out the photos), and the non-athletes were challenged by getting themselves up their structures and then onto the ladders. Watching Daris and Sam struggle at that point was reminiscent of our team, for sure.

* But just like the contestants, NOT ONE of our staff gave up. They were so thrilled by the challenge, that even though they were grumbling, they all pushed themselves to finish. The Yahoo! TV team really hustled — the contestants were moving pretty slowly at the beginning, and my team was running, carrying, and throwing those big wooden blocks just to finish as fast as they could.

Thankfully, though, no one on our team was injured. Watching "Unc" (O'Neal) fall and hurt himself made us cringe while watching the show. It reminded us of just how difficult this challenge was. My team was exhausted afterwards, and they were sore and a little bruised (scrapes and cuts from the wood, harnesses, ladder climb, you name it). But they ALL said to me it was one of the greatest work-related experiences of their lives. While I couldn't actually participate, as a fan of the show, I was thrilled to watch this contest live in all of its glory.

"Biggest Loser" contestants deserve a lot of credit — they are pushed to their limits and way beyond every week. They are a great source of motivation for the rest of us, as this challenge proved to us. It was really hard!

Talk About It: What has been your favorite challenge on "Biggest Loser"?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-23-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Be sure to click on the pictures above--amazing!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Alrighty, I just finished a container of Yoplait Greek Fat Free Yogurt - strawberry version. I have to say, this honestly pales in comparison to Fage' or Chobani or Oikos brands of Greek Yogurt. The Yoplait is a LOT LOT LOT more creamy than "traditional" greek yogurt (don't wanna say "real" greek yogurt as that seems rude)... the texture of the Yoplait Greek is much much much closer to typical Yoplait than it is to traditional greek yogurt. It's by no means as chalky as traditional greek yogurt. Nutritionally it's not nearly as nutritious as traditional greek yogurt. Even when you add in the nutrition info for strawberries and a packet of splenda, traditional greek yogurt has about 3-6 more grams of protein and 6-8 fewer grams of carbohydrate.

If you've never tried Greek yogurt, Yoplait's would be a good one to start with. The taste and texture are much more familiar than traditional Greek yogurt

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So "real" Greek yoghurt tastes chalky? I'd never even heard of the concept of "Greek" yoghurt before that show---would have thought all yoghurt was basically the same bar flavorings.
    PS Yes, I've eaten yoghurt, from Greek restaurants as well as Dannon....never noticed much difference....

I always seem to fall behind on this show. So again, I took some time to catch up. Although admittedly, the episodes just played in the background for quite a bit.

So a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't care less who would be in the finals, as long as Stephanie and Ashley were there. Now, I feel driven to root for Daris and Michael, along with Ashley, because I cannot STAND grey and yellow. It's like last season all over again with orange and pink, except grey and yellow are trying to keep their alliance secret. I'm sure they're in one. And what's even worse are their over-emotions. It's uncomfortable to watch. Sorry, I'm good with a few sob stories here and there--some even get to me--but both teams get way too emotional that it gets cringeworthy.

I don't think I want Daris in the finals though, since I think he would win. I want Ashley to win, so the less of a threat, the better. Michael, I think she can beat. What would be fantastic to watch is if the F3 consisted of Ashley, O'Neal, and Sunshine, and Ashley beat the two of them. Am I too cyncial?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678