+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love TBL style Spring 2010

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Love TBL style Spring 2010

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3911509;
    Lets have a full season of unattached contestants...not just young, but all ages - and see how many couples come out of it?? They can be randomly teamed up like last year or like with Brittany and Bernie... give the Bachelor a BIG run for their ratings ;-)
    Right...TBL-- Singles! And they could then really focus on the psych issues involved when you lose weight and are suddenly attractive to others... how do you feel about the people who wouldn't give you the time of day when you were heavy? Do you trust them to really love "you"? Etc. Seriously, it would be a good theme,,, and hey, if there were a little hitting it off going on, all the better!

CCL

My sister read an article that Koli and Sunshine have been dating since Christmas. Apparently she was training with him in Las Vegas.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh my goodness, CCL! I'd be interested in reading that article. That pairing would be out of the blue but I'd be excited if they're both happy.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I wondered if those two would hook up. There wasn't anything obvious but he defended her a lot and with their alliance. What makes me mad is what he did to Stephanie but yet he was hooking up with Sunshine.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3917072;
    Oh my goodness, CCL! I'd be interested in reading that article. That pairing would be out of the blue but I'd be excited if they're both happy.
    I did a search and found the article:

When SunShine Hampton signed up to be on "The Biggest Loser" with her dad, O'Neal, her goal was to lose weight. What the Richfield woman didn't expect was that she would find someone special as the pounds were coming off.

Not only did SunShine, 24, drop the weight — she went from 275 pounds to 161 pounds, and her dad O'Neal went from 389 to 230 pounds — she also fell for fellow contestant Koli Palu. And while it was revealed on the show that Palu's teammate and cousin Sam Poueu was part of a "Biggest Loser" romance with contestant Stephanie Anderson, SunShine and Palu decided to keep their budding relationship under wraps until now.

On Thursday, in between local appearances that included a stop at General Mills and the Mall of America, SunShine — with some good-natured prodding from her dad — admitted she's been in a relationship with Palu since just after Christmas.

"He's a very good man," said SunShine, 24, who confessed at the beginning of the show that she had never had a boyfriend. "I knew the way he saw things was the same way I saw things. I could really relate to him on that level and we both had the same determination and goals. I just felt really good about it."

After losing 215 pounds, Palu snagged the "at home winner" $100,000 prize on Tuesday's "Biggest Loser" finale.

Currently, SunShine is in Minnesota, while Palu resides in California. But during the time between being eliminated from the show and this week's
    finale, they were busy training together in Las Vegas.

"We haven't done the long-distance thing yet, but we're willing to support each other through it," said Sunshine. There'll be a lot of phone calls, I guess."

Her dad's thoughts on his daughter's new boyfriend?

"I'm taking the protective role," says O'Neal, who lost enough weight on the show that he can now have a much needed knee surgery he wasn't able to undergo at nearly 400 pounds. "I just want to make sure it's exactly what it is. On the ranch is one thing, but they've been off the ranch for quite awhile. I think they have strong feelings for each other, we'll just have to see. It's just a dating thing."

In an effort to maintain their current weight loss, SunShine and O'Neal have personal trainers. In a post-"Biggest Loser" world, SunShine said her days will now consist of about two hours of exercise, and her caloric intake will be between 1,200 and 1,300 calories. O'Neal plans to do two to three hours of exercise and eat from 1,800 to 1,900 calories daily.

Here are some tips on losing weight from the Hamptons:

1. Surround yourself with a good support system.

2. Hang in there. If you have a bad day, recover from it and move on. "Don't let it throw you into a downward spiral," SunShine says.

3. Take away something that you really like. "It's a short-term sacrifice for a long-term gain," O'Neal says.

4. Slowly modify your lifestyle. "Just go at a little bit at a time," O'Neal says.

5. Focus on nutrition. "I think that's more important than the exercise," O'Neal says.
    'Biggest Loser' wasn't all about losing Richfield contestant SunShine Hampton found romance - TwinCities.com

Wow! I had no idea. I just hope Sunshine wasn't the one who chose Koli's outfit for the finale. It also makes the going to Vegas make a lot more sense.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3917256;
    Wow! I had no idea. I just hope Sunshine wasn't the one who chose Koli's outfit for the finale. It also makes the going to Vegas make a lot more sense.
    Absolutely! And, heh heh, the two of them were there away from "protective" O'Neal!
    Ironic---a lot of people voted against Koli because they thought it wasn't "fair" that he wasn't trying to tough it out at home, they thought he just went to Vegas to take the easy way out. If they'd know that he was there at least in part to court Sunshine I bet the voters would have been a lot more sympathetic. Even those who disliked him because of the alliance between him, Sam, Sunshine and O'Neal, might have forgiven him that if they'd thought it was because of feelings for Sunshine rather than just a drive to win. So if they'd been a little more open near the end there... say at the next to last show when they made their appeals...Koli might have won the whole thing... and Daris $100,000.

Who's Palu? Koli?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3917419;
    Who's Palu? Koli?
    Yes, his name is Koli Palu.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3917392;
    Absolutely! And, heh heh, the two of them were there away from "protective" O'Neal!
    Ironic---a lot of people voted against Koli because they thought it wasn't "fair" that he wasn't trying to tough it out at home, they thought he just went to Vegas to take the easy way out. If they'd know that he was there at least in part to court Sunshine I bet the voters would have been a lot more sympathetic. Even those who disliked him because of the alliance between him, Sam, Sunshine and O'Neal, might have forgiven him that if they'd thought it was because of feelings for Sunshine rather than just a drive to win. So if they'd been a little more open near the end there... say at the next to last show when they made their appeals...Koli might have won the whole thing... and Daris $100,000.
    I don't think he went to Vegas to court Sunshine. If anything, she went there to be with him (as she's from Minnesota). He said he had a friend in Vegas who was a trainer and went there to train with him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast