+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 03/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 03/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Jillian flipped out b/c odds are so against her. But if my memory serves me correctly the odds have always been against her and yet time and time again she is the "winner". I think it's worse this time though. Why Bob flipped is beyond me...to save face, maybe? Not sure. Unless he truly truly sees how unfair the teams are.

I am rooting for Stephanie and Sunshine...they both have great attitudes. I am leaning towards Stephanie since she is on Jillian's team and I'd like a Jillian win simply for the fact of how the teams are stacked.

I was thinking this morning...I know that's alot at 5 AM....when I had this thought....has Michael not watched this show before? Because you know if I had to pick the teams I'd put my butt on Jillian's team knowing how she hasn't really "lost" to Bob...even if I didn't like her or her style...she kicks butt and the results show. I wonder why Michael put himself on Bob's team?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

Jillian would really make him cry?

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3846132;
    Jillian would really make him cry?
    Make who cry?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3846137;
    Make who cry?
    I assume Michael. I find it interesting that, given the choice, most of the players choose Bob. And knowing the show's history, I can never understand why they do that. Michael chose Bob for himself, and Lance said to the camera that he wanted Bob (although I understand why given his history with Jillian). I wonder if Jillian is so nasty one-on-one that the contestants want Bob even knowing they might have a better chance to win with Jillian?

michael turned into the godfather last night. i was really angry that even at voting he was saying that his team shouldn't be there, that they should have won. doofus. never underestimate the determination of an underdog, and of jillian. his team may well be a strength challenge powerhouse, but i'm not sure they have any advantage at weigh ins, because they have to lose so much every.time.

he said he'd watched the show before, and my guess about why he chose bob as trainer for himself is because i'm not sure how serious he is about remaining at a healthy weight for the long term. the photo at him at 300 pounds - didn't he say that was from just 5 years ago? i think based on that and based on his attitude, he is in this to win it, for the money.

love for him to prove me wrong though
    _(Moo!)

I don't have as much weight to lose and the contestants but if I could afford to, I would love to have Jillian work with me for 2 months and get the weight off. I don't need someone to hold my hand (Bob) I need someone to work my butt off (pun intended)
    There's no place like home!

To the Point

Yes, I was referring to Michael. Sorry for not quoting, but since I was responding to the post immediately above mine I hated to quote something that long.

I figure, even being conservative, I could probably spend about a month with Jillian and lose all I need to lose if taking the Biggest Loser approach and working out 6 hours a day. My husband says that the only thing would be whether she killed me because I wouldn't yell "uncle" even when my asthma kicked in, or whether I took her out in her sleep for the abuse. I tend to be an all or nothing kind of person.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Klyn;3845752;
    Well, I don't much like what Michael did but at least he is honest. He stood up to Jillian and said to Miggy "You don't put up the weight you're going. You're of no use to me"

I may be wrong, but from Miggy's expression, I got the feeling that Michael was shooting his mouth off to Miggy as to how he feels about his fellow teammates, but behind their backs. Sounding off like a tough guy, but only to someone who was in agreement with him. He just really rubbed me wrong, and just as I was starting to *not* dislike him.

I hope Miggy continues with the stress reduction treatments shown in her follow up segment. Her stress levels did seem to be sky high, and that in and of itself is very unhealthy.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3846236;
    I may be wrong, but from Miggy's expression, I got the feeling that Michael was shooting his mouth off to Miggy as to how he feels about his fellow teammates, but behind their backs. Sounding off like a tough guy, but only to someone who was in agreement with him.
    Agreed. I don't think he was warning Miggy, as some people assumed. I think he was telling her his strategy for the rest of the team. He loved Miggy and wanted her around no matter what. After all, if he'd stayed true to form he would never have put Miggy on his team to begin with.

I think Michael forgot something that's key to this game. It's all about percentages. Which means that being large or small, strong or weak, is meaningless when it comes to the weigh-in. He has big guys who will lose lots of weight, but they HAVE TO lose more weight to equal the percentages of the smaller women. The only people who are at a consistent disadvantage in the weigh-ins are those who are almost done losing weight (and therefore unlikely to be losing at the same percentage rate as the others) and those who don't work hard. Blue team has a definite advantage for challenges, but that's all.

I wish they had shown Miggy interacting with Migdalia after the show, and whether her improved attitude and stress-relief techniques had rubbed off on her daughter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3846249;
    I think Michael forgot something that's key to this game. It's all about percentages. Which means that being large or small, strong or weak, is meaningless when it comes to the weigh-in.

I wish they had shown Miggy interacting with Migdalia after the show, and whether her improved attitude and stress-relief techniques had rubbed off on her daughter.
    Totally agree - I thought %'s were "off" right away...Stephanie has been a machine, so it was a surprise that Ashley lost so much.

I thought the same thing when they did Miggy's post-show bit, where was Migdalia!!?? That should have been a big part, don't they support each other? esp. with the hubby in Iraq?

+ Reply to Thread