+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 03/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fogey

Re: 03/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3846125;
    Jillian flipped out b/c odds are so against her. But if my memory serves me correctly the odds have always been against her and yet time and time again she is the "winner". I think it's worse this time though. Why Bob flipped is beyond me...to save face, maybe? Not sure. Unless he truly truly sees how unfair the teams are.
    One word: Michelle! That was the season that the trainer winning the challenge could pick his/her team and Bob won...he stacked the deck with all the big strong guys... but Jillian's team put up a great fight, and Michelle emerged the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3846288;
    One word: Michelle! That was the season that the trainer winning the challenge could pick his/her team and Bob won...he stacked the deck with all the big strong guys... but Jillian's team put up a great fight, and Michelle emerged the winner!
    Totally forgot about that!!! Thank you! Maybe we'll have another season like that...where the underdog wins!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I'd love to see Stephanie or Sunshine win!

Kiz

I'm pulling for Stephanie and Sunshine too. Stephanie is becoming a force to be reckoned with, and Sunshine lives up to her name.
    Last edited by Kiz; 03-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think they didn't show Migdalia because they didn't want to give away anything on how she is doing. Maybe not so well in that I was surprised that even if they didn't show her Miggy didn't say they are supporting each other, working out together, etc. Maybe they don't live that near each other?

And I also took the M/M chat to mean not that he was warning Miggy, but that he was telling her his attitude towards the other team memebers.

FORT Fogey

Not really a fan of Michael after last night. You can't please everyone, but I just don't care for his personality. Love Stephanie and the Tongas; also Sunshine and her Dad. I hope they figure out some challenges that black team has a chance to win.....kind of like last year when Danny's team won the baseball challenge.

FORT Fanatic

I guess I am in the minority--I actually like Michael. My take on the challenge and its results--

First of all, only Michael and Drea took the risk of screwing their weight losses by participating in that eating challenge. IMO, the others have no right to bitch and moan about the outcome (like complaining about elected officials and their policies, but not voting).

Second, you'd have to be nuts to NOT separate the cousins...actually, to not separate EVERY duo(unless they were you good buddies). EVERY 2SOME VOTES AS A BLOCK and why should ANY have that huge advantage?? (and let's not forget...Michael has been alone the longest, right?)

Third, he didn't give himself immunity (admit it, you all assumed he would lol), staying true to his reason for participating in the challenge, which was...he didn't want someone else deciding his fate as to which team he was on and which traner he got.

As for Jillian's reaction..Michael shut her down with the FACTS, which are---He didn't make the game. The producers devise these challenges and the prizes. They HAVE to be done, and the different steps at the finish have to be taken... Even the yellow team (and I like them very much), still managed to complain because they couldn't have EVERYthing go their way. O'neil got THE most important thing for his success at the ranch...immunity. Yet they managed to mention the negative side...that they might wind up separated.

No matter how Michael used his power, there would be complaints. Early on they all ganged up on him, saying he wasn't working out hard enough (even though his numbers were good). So now he broke a record, losing 15 pounds AFTER taking in all those calories.

I say...CUT MICHAEL A BREAK!

Even Jillian took a step back and said Michael was right. I think the initial shock is what got her going. I would have been a bit upset with Jillian if I was on the black team now and listened to her initial comments about how it was unfair. In my mind she put down the new black team as losers. But they all came back around and showed just what could be done.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;3848299;
    Third, he didn't give himself immunity (admit it, you all assumed he would lol), staying true to his reason for participating in the challenge, which was...he didn't want someone else deciding his fate as to which team he was on and which traner he got.
    on the contrary! to give himself immunity was the last thing i expected, once they explained that the immune player would next week join this week's losing team. to give himself immunity would be to join the team which was determined to be weaker by the weigh in. it would also leave up to chance whether he would be a part of the team he so deliberately stacked to win challenges

in that vein, o'neal did make the most sense, because he is capable of putting up big numbers so can help bob's team, but is limited in challenges so could further weaken jillian's team. it could play in mike's favor no matter whose team he ended up on.
    _(Moo!)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3848414;
    on the contrary! to give himself immunity was the last thing i expected, once they explained that the immune player would next week join this week's losing team. to give himself immunity would be to join the team which was determined to be weaker by the weigh in. it would also leave up to chance whether he would be a part of the team he so deliberately stacked to win challenges

in that vein, o'neal did make the most sense, because he is capable of putting up big numbers so can help bob's team, but is limited in challenges so could further weaken jillian's team. it could play in mike's favor no matter whose team he ended up on.
    Totally agree. He certainly would have expected that giving himself immunity would put him on the perpetual loser team. His choice was really between giving himself one week's immunity after having created pretty equal teams (either splitting duos or not, depending on whether he was after happiness or equal voting rights), so it didn't matter which one he wound up on, OR doing what he did, which he saw as giving him much longer "immunity" by giving himself the perpetually winning team.
    And since I'm sure he expected his team to win, he would have achieved his goal of separating almost every duo if black had lost as he expected since Sunshine and O'Neal would have been on different teams. At this point the former yellow team should just be glad it worked out as it did--dad got immunity AND they wound up on the same team. Although actually dad did so well I doubt any team would have voted him out.

+ Reply to Thread