+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/9 Biggest Loser Recap: Team FAT Meets Team USA

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

2/9 Biggest Loser Recap: Team FAT Meets Team USA

Welcome back Loser fans! Yes, it's that time of the week again. It's the time we all feel a little better about ourselves because we aren't being paraded around on national TV in a sports bra and spandex. This week we are heading to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Let's see what kind of drama unfolds on the road!

The “athletes” arrive at the Training Center and after a dramatic walk-to-the-building montage, Ali is there to meet them. She tells them that this week they will be weighing in as individuals. Wait! That's not all! At the end of the week, 2 players will be eliminated. The person with the lowest percentage of weight loss will fall below a Red Line. That person will automatically be sent home. The next 2 lowest percentages will fall below the Yellow Line and will be put up to a vote to see who goes.

Allison Jones, a 4 time member of the US Paralympic Team, is on hand to help motivate the contestants. She skis and cycles. She's won 3 silvers and a gold. She's going for the gold again in Vancouver. Oh yeah, and she only has one leg. Amazing. She should be a great inspiration to these folks.

To kick off Olympic week, the contestants all get a chance to carry the Olympic torch. Allison carries the torch up to the huge cauldron in front of the center. She lights it up as everyone cheers and chants “USA”. I can't wait to see some Olympic athletes kick some BL contestant ass. It will surely be entertaining.

When the contestants find their rooms, there is a special surprise awaiting them. On the bed is a Team USA flag signed by all the resident Olympians, Paralympians, and Olympic hopefuls. There is a nice little card to go along with it. Everyone acts fake excited. Maybe they are really excited, who knows.

The Olympic Training Center nutritionists are on hand to help the BL contestants make good food choices. It's not just about calories in vs. calories out. It's about making the correct choices for an active body. Different Olympians eat different meals, depending on the sport. A speed skater needs a high carb meal for sustained energy. A weight lifter needs high protein. A judo competitor needs a good balance.

In the Grey Team room, Koli is still pretty broken up about John's departure last week. He thinks John needs to be at the ranch more than he does and that John has so much more in his life. Koli doesn't feel worthy to be on the show. He keeps fighting against the growth because he is used to running when the going gets hard. Sam and Koli cry together. Just once I'd love to see a male partnership on this show not cry all over each other. There's nothing wrong with men crying, but it's like above and beyond on this show.

The contestants enter a gym-like area where two Olympic athletes are waiting to meet all of them. Say hello to Alpine Skier and Gold Medalist Julia Mancuso and Freestyle Skier Speedy Peterson. Hmm... me thinks ol' Speedy was the Olympian who was sent home from the 2006 Olympics for getting in a bar fight. He must be laying off the drinky drinky if he's back in the Olympics this year. No wonder his special drink trick is called “The Hurricane”.

The Olympians are going to work out with the BL contestants. Speedy has a circuit set up for everyone. Jillian tells Julia not to be so nice with them and Speedy asks Bob if they need a break. Bob says no way and keeps killing them. Bob takes his Tongan Man Candy Koli aside to see what's going on with him because Koli feels he doesn't deserve to be there. Let's all cry and hug!!

Olympic hot hot hottie! hopeful J.R. Celski (short track speed skating) is on hand to help out with this week's Pop Challenge. Two months ago J.R. was injured during Olympic trials when he gashed his leg with his skate. He was in the hospital but he has bounced back and is ready to go for this year's game. For this week's Pop Challenge, each contestant has a slide board. They will need to slide back and forth (think skating) to earn a point each time they touch a side. To finish, they need 500 points. Since it's Olympic Week, there are 3 prizes instead of just 1. Nobody gets to know what those prizes are just yet, but they are worth their weight in gold, silver, and bronze. Ha Ha.. Ali made a funny. J.R. shows them how to work the slide board. *sigh* I could just watch this part for an hour. Is it just me or is he a super adorable 19 year old? Because of medical reasons, O'Neal, Darrell, and Miggy will be sitting out. The Pop Challenge starts and Melissa is the first to get to 100. Shocking, I know. Sam is right behind her. Red and Grey in the lead? Story of the season. Sam and Melissa are tied and coming into the last 10. Melissa falls down, giving Sam the chance to take the lead. Sam wins the gold, Melissa the silver, and Sunshine the bronze. We don't get to find out yet what these prizes will be, but they are some kind of advantage.

The contestants head to Garden of the Gods State Park for this week's Challenge. Yes, they are showing us the Challenge right after the Pop Challenge. It would have been nice to see more footage of the contestants working out with Olympic athletes, but whatever. Paralympic athlete Kelly Underkofler is the inspirational story for this portion of the show. She was born without her left arm but is still a successful biathlon and cross country skiing competitor. For this week's challenge, the players will be participating in a biathlon of sorts. Instead of skiing and shooting, they will be running and then shooting. They will run around a snowy field and then get a chance to shoot an opponent's target. Each person has 5 targets. When a player's 5 targets are all lit/shot, that person is out of the competition. Lance thinks he has this one in the bag because he like huntin'. He likes huntin' and killin' and eatin' squirrels. Kelly demonstrates how it's done. The winners of the Pop Challenge receive an advantage for this Challenge. Sunshine receives the opportunity to hit 1 target right now, Melissa gets to hit 2, and Sam gets to hit 3. They don't even have to take a shot, just pick whose target they want lit up. Sunshine wants a shot against Sam and Melissa wants to give both to Sam. He starts the game with 3 out of 5 targets gone already. He chooses to give 2 shots to Melissa and 1 to Sunshine. The winners taking out the winners... how incestuous. The winner of the challenge will win immunity. The players, sensing Lance's full hickism, line up to take him out first. One after the other, they shoot his targets and Lance is out immediately. The players are dropping left and right, and it all comes down to O'Neal, Darrell, and Ashley. These are the kind of competitions that bother me. Everyone gangs up on the tough, athletic people and then the others slide through for the victory. It literally comes down to the last second, with O'Neal proving victorious.

The contestants leave Colorado without as much as a goodbye, and they are back in Los Angeles. They are going off campus to a 24 Hour Fitness Gym for their last chance workout. There to greet them is Olympic US Pairs Figure Skating Champion, Rockne “Rock” Brubaker. I'll tell you one think folks. I wasn't a huge Olympic fan before, but with all these yummy looking fellow competing, I now love the Olympics! Bob wipes the drool from his mouth and says Rock looks more like a rugby player than a figure skater. Rock plays it a bit safe but Bob wants him to beat up the contestants during this boot camp. After boot camp, the Last Chance Workout just begins. That can't be fun. Bob has O'Neal doing squats and O'Neal is able to do them. The Yellow Team cries and hugs Bob.

It's time for the weigh-in and the contestants are back at the ranch. Two people will be eliminated. Let's see who falls below the lines this week!

O'Neal: Previous 333/Current 325 (-8)
    O'Neal has immunity. Look Melissa, people can still lose weight when they have immunity.

Michael: Previous 443/Current 432 (-11) -2.48%

Stephanie: Previous 225/Current 221 (-4) -1.78%

Sunshine: Previous 245/Current 239 (-6) -2.45%

Koli: Previous 335/Current 326 (-9) -2.69%

Andrea: Previous 262/Current 255 (-7) -2.67%

Darrell: Previous 343/Current 338 (-5) -1.46%

Sam: Previous 310/Current 298 (-12) -3.87%

Sherry: Previous 180/Current 177 (-3) -1.67%

Ashley: Previous 317/Current 311 (-6) -1.89%

Daris: Previous 283/Current 274 (-9) -3.18%
    Daris needs a haircut. Sheesh. After 6 weeks, he has the highest % of weight loss out of anyone on campus.

Cheryl: Previous 194/Current 191 (-3) -1.55%

Miggy: Previous 206/Current 199 (-7) -3.40%
    Miggy is wearing makeup and has a personality. Wow.

Lance: Previous 314/Current 305 (-9) -2.87%

Melissa: Previous 198/Current 199 (+1)
    WHAT?! Melissa legitimately gained a pound without having immunity.

Melissa has fallen below the Red Line and is automatically being sent home. I'm really happy because I can't stand her, but I kind of feel bad too. Oh well, on the bright side... NO MORE MELISSA! *AshleyPSU does happy dance* This eliminination gets a gold medal for sure!

Melissa feels like Bob was so inspiring and he never let her feel like she was going to fail. She owes her success to Bob. When Melissa started the show, she weighed 233lbs. Today she weighs 175lbs. She looks very good. She's trying to adjust to essentially being a single parent since Lance is still on the ranch. She is starting to box and says she is now addicted to boxing. Uh oh, watch out Lance. She will really kick your ass now. Melissa's son thinks she looks hot now. Aww. By the finale, Melissa hopes to complete a marathon and be at her goal weight of 145lbs.

There's another big shocker in store. Instead of voting between Cheryl and Darrell to see who gets eliminated, they are going to have an elimination challenge. Whoever wins, stays for another week. The loser is eliminated. How very Olympic-like. The tie breaker challenge requires each person to keep their torch burning by balancing a torch stem on their head. They have to squat and keep that thing balanced on their head. Oh man, I wouldn't be able to do that for long. Darrell looks like he is in pain already after 1 minute.

Who loses and gets eliminated? We won't know for another... THREE WEEKS!! The BL is on break until after the Olympics. On the next episode, we are going Blue vs. Black. Ugh, I hate that. One person gets to pick the teams. It seems as though Jillian is going to be angry about something because she says she has never seen it done before and asks how it's even fair. Maybe someone gave her the big guys this time instead of Bob? Who knows.

Well, I hope everyone enjoys the Olympics and all of the hot men excitement those weeks shall bring. I know I'll be watching! See you in a few weeks!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 2/9 Biggest Loser Recap: Team FAT Meets Team USA

Thanks for the great recap.
    O'Neal has immunity. Look Melissa, people can still lose weight when they have immunity.
    I don't like Melissa and thought she was playing everyone too. Bob and Jillian made a big deal out of her playing the game when she had immunity, she strongly denied it. Now I think she was telling the truth or she would have lost instead of gaining a pound when she didn't have immunity. Some people tend to lose mostly water weight at first and it's darn hard to lose after that. She is in better shape, muscle wise, than most of the other women. During all the challenges she managed to stay right in there ahead of all the women and most of the men. I don't necessary like her personality but think she tried harder than most in competitions.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for the recap--I agree, some good eye candy on the Olympic teams! Talk about your successful crosspromotion, NBC!
    I don't know, I've gotten so cynical about Melissa I think she planned it...she knows she can't win, her max % of weight loss can't be enough, but she's counting on Lance. Notice how she practically had people swear to keep him there until he's 250 lbs.? If they do that he's safe for another 3 weeks or so at least. And now he can't worry about the kids as she's home with them. FYI, note that she implies she's being a single mom for a long time now (not just a week or two) so it looks like her plot (if there was one) worked--Lance hasn't come home.
    And WHAT is the giant issue of his weight in their marriage? She won't have sex with him until he loses? That his weight makes sex physically impossible? If it were that she was worried that she'd lose him surely she'd be saying that? Why so ambiguous?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3825773;
    Thanks for the recap--I agree, some good eye candy on the Olympic teams! Talk about your successful crosspromotion, NBC!
    I don't know, I've gotten so cynical about Melissa I think she planned it...she knows she can't win, her max % of weight loss can't be enough, but she's counting on Lance. Notice how she practically had people swear to keep him there until he's 250 lbs.? If they do that he's safe for another 3 weeks or so at least. And now he can't worry about the kids as she's home with them. FYI, note that she implies she's being a single mom for a long time now (not just a week or two) so it looks like her plot (if there was one) worked--Lance hasn't come home.
    And WHAT is the giant issue of his weight in their marriage? She won't have sex with him until he loses? That his weight makes sex physically impossible? If it were that she was worried that she'd lose him surely she'd be saying that? Why so ambiguous?

I think she is making things up or exaggerating. Not sure but it seems off to me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread