+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 02/09 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 02/09 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by diluvlabs;3825014;
    Yeah...my hubby and teenage son both thought it was kinda of creepy and weird also!
    Seriously what is wrong with a little kid recognizing that his mom looks good? Believe me if his mom were really fat or dressed really badly all the kids would be teasing him about it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3825416;
    Seriously what is wrong with a little kid recognizing that his mom looks good? Believe me if his mom were really fat or dressed really badly all the kids would be teasing him about it.
    I guess for me it is the use of the term, "Hot." You can say your mom looks nice, pretty, beautiful, but HOT definitely has a sexual connotation. And to think that some kid is thinking of their mom that way is definitely creepy.

In the kid's defense though, he probably wasn't thinking in those terms. Rather he was just probably trying to sound cool by using the latest vernacular.

Kiz

Boy, I'm taken aback by those who think it's creepy that her young son said his mom looked hot now. At most, I could understand odd. But creepy? It's sweet that he noticed his mom's great results with her dieting and working out. Regardless, he's just a little kid.

Obviously, he used it as you've described ryanfan.

"Rather he was just probably trying to sound cool by using the latest vernacular."
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3825560;
    Boy, I'm taken aback by those who think it's creepy that her young son said his mom looked hot now. At most, I could understand odd. But creepy? It's sweet that he noticed his mom's great results with her dieting and working out. Regardless, he's just a little kid.

Obviously, he used it as you've described ryanfan.

"Rather he was just probably trying to sound cool by using the latest vernacular."
    Huh???

Kiz

Not sure what you're asking. I just said I agreed with your description of his use of hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3825574;
    Not sure what you're asking. I just said I agreed with your description of his use of hot.
    Sorry...I read your comment wrong.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3825575;
    Sorry...I read your comment wrong.
    No problem...I tend to get wordy...lol

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm with the people who think Melissa bagged it this week even though I feel like a total cynic.
    I don't think she went home to compete for at home loser thought. She's right, that with a goal weight of 145 there's no way she can win....That would only be a 38% weight loss (if she started at 233), and we know that's not nearly enough even for the at home win. To hit the 55% level we seem to be going for these days she'd have to finish at 105 lbs. I don't know how tall she is, but she's way too tall for that!
    I think her motivation is to 1) go nyah nyah to Jillian, 2) get back to the kids, in part so Lance won't worry about them, but MOSTLY 3) to extract that kind of promise from the others to keep Lance until he hits 250....which would probably at least 3 weeks more. And since in her postscript she says she's been functionally a single mom for a long time now, that implies Lance stayed on the ranch for a long time. I think she thinks Lance can win. I don't...to hit 55% he'd have to weigh 164 if I've got his initial weight right. He looks too tall to do that.
    I did like that she had the kids exercising as well.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-11-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3825818;
    And since in her postscript she says she's been functionally a single mom for a long time now, that implies Lance stayed on the ranch for a long time.

Great catch.

Ok...it is weird for the boy to say his mom is Hot but it probably wasn't his term to use and if it was then he didn't really understand the meaning. After I lost my weight my daughter..then age 5-6 told everyone she had a very pretty skinny in shape mom. What a description. But to tell a story....I volunteered at her class this past Halloween. I was the room mom and made all the "scary" foods and such. One boy told my 7yo, "your mom is hot". She got so upset by this. I asked her, "You don't think I'm Hot?" She said, "You are but your my mom and that is gross."

Now...this boy likes my daughter who told him to stay to himself b/c she only wants to be friends....2/3rd grade is so much fun these days!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread