+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

CCL

Re: 02/02 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3816447;

I do not believe that Lance and Melissa will stay married much longer. She is so condescending to him. When he has low weight loss she talks about how disappointed in him - yet she has gained a pound one week and lost only one another. Which I would chalk up to game play EXCEPT she SWORE on her children's lives that she didn't. So how she has the nerve to criticize his weight loss is BEYOND me!! Maybe he wanted to be kicked off to get away from her
    I think they will stay married - he seems quite happy for her to take the lead and him to follow along. She probably criticizes him all the time at home and he just takes it. If it works for them...I too found it condescending of her to say she was disappointed in Lance regarding his weight loss; most other teams would say they were disappointed for their partner. She's clearly self-absorbed.
    I'm back to liking Mike and his getting into the 80s groove self (during the challenge). He's still being a fun-loving jokester but he also has seemed to realize the seriousness of being at the ranch and what it entails. Seems like the loss of his mother was the kick in the pants he needed.
    Daris needs to make it to the makeover- the hair's got to go.
    Love, love, love Stephanie. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she sticks around for a long time.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To the Point

Miggy was definitely better without the daughter there. Of course, just having surgery may have altered her behavior.

Green and red have been the only teams I have really disliked.

Love Stephanie. It was so cool to see her encouraging Sunshine and Orange team mom.

When the red team falls below the yellow line, Lance needs to be sent home. That will really PO Mellissa, she is only there because of him.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3816573;
    Cape....
    Red team needs to go next week. Somehow.
    Ohhh, THAT would be the ONLY double elimination that I'd cheer for!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3816671;
    When the red team falls below the yellow line, Lance needs to be sent home. That will really PO Mellissa, she is only there because of him.
    It would have happened on last show if John didn't fall below the yellow line

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3816653;
    Love, love, love Stephanie. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she sticks around for a long time.
    I totally agree about Stephanie. It was wonderful to see her being the leader and getting everyone to run for those five minutes. I just don't think she has enough weight overall to lose to win this thing. I do think she's starting to look quite striking.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I could have sworn I posted last night. I fell asleep at 10:50 and woke up at 11:08 so thanks for all of the minute by minute posting.

I am so sad that John was sent home. 1 lb only. That must have been so frustrating for him. I also hope that it is the red team that is double eliminated next week. A girl can dream.

And, I went to the gym tonight and I had a session with my personal trainer. I told her about the leg presses, so she had me do some. I had 25 lbs on each side and I struggled with it after the 4th press. I made it to 12, but it was HARD!!!

I have been watching this season very little. Have caught a few weighins and eliminations. Is anyone else having trouble bonding with this cast? They all repel me somewhat and I haven't found anyone to root for, unlike previous seasons, and I have seen every season to date. I missed Sunshine's elimination in the first episode, but I'm very impressed with what she and her partner were able to do at home. Wow. Maybe by dint of just coming back to the house, I find them more likeable than anyone else there and hope that team wins. I would also like to see Daris make it to the makeover episode so I can see what he looks like without his white boy 'fro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3816199;
    Just a point about Melissa and her leg training. There were 3 45lb plates on each side of the leg machine that means she can barely press 270lbs which is what she almost weighted. If Melissa can walk and carry 230lbs she can leg press 260lbs. Another 2 plates makes that 360lbs again not that difficult if you have been training all month and she is a tall girl. I did notice that after Bob put on 4 plates and Melissa didn't want to do it and Bob had that inspirational speech and they then showed Melissa doing her last 3 reps there were only 3 plates on that side of the machine. Trying to misdirect the viewer perhaps???
    Depends on her physical condition. I noticed at one time that the doctor had brought one of the contestants in a room where there were several others with their limbs wrapped or on ice, and I think that many of the contestants experience joint pain that we don't hear much about. I have a moderately severe knee problem (old sports injury) that prevents me from using pretty much all of the weight machines at the gym that work quads or hamstrings. As a result, I can only press 100 lbs. Certain movements are very painful for me. I can manage front and back lunges with moderate weight and I can run, but the leg press...

However, I think Bearcata is right...I would hope that if Melissa has actual joint pain then the trainers wouldn't push her. I believe it was just a case of Melissa being whiny.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3816667;
    Miggy was definitely better without the daughter there. Of course, just having surgery may have altered her behavior.
    I think it was the surgery! Viewers did not know that Miggy was more disruptive in the house until we heard Melissa make her plea for them to evict her instead of her daughter. The editing focused on Migdalia.

+ Reply to Thread