+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 126

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    While I think the red team are LIARS...they do not irritate me as much as green. I think red is playing the game but I did really feel that they were fair in the penalties they gave out. They picked the player that spends the least time in the gym. Basically said to Mike - we get that you are mad at all of us and so for this week - we want you to see that we have your back and cool down before you vote again - he even admitted that was a good call.

    Who else could they have given the 2 lbs. to? Green has had low percentages...so based on that fact - they had the best chance of high numbers this week. Aside from that - green is over and over the source of drama on the show. I don't see anyone there not liking red...well except green this week - so I am guessing they aren't pure evil. No one else seems to be overly irritated by the apparent game play and that is the sort of drama that they would show if it was out there. But Miggy and Migdalia walk around with this chip on their shoulders - arms crossed and threatening to leave. Would you want to be around that? I find on this show they tend to support each other and it is the contestants that don't this that usually go home early. And if I were Melissa and they were attacking me like green was as they walked off the scale - I would have pointed out as well that the 2 lbs had nothing to do with why they were going home!

    Too bad Jillian doesn't have kids. When she was calling Melissa out tonight - she would have known to say - Melissa - if you aren't lying, then there is something seriously wrong with you medically and we need to get to the bottom of that. So this week instead of working out - you will be at the hospital - on an IV having every test known to man run on you to find out why you are defying all medical odds. If Melissa is anything like my kids - the threat of doctors and needles would have gotten to the truth very quickly!

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3809446;
    Even if Migdalia goes home I don't really see either lady being that successful at home or the finale. Probably will gain all the weight back in a year or two. I can see the mom keeping it off longer though.

    Ugh, both just give off waves of hate and venom.
    I couldn't agree more. She's lost, what, 17 lbs between the taping of the show and the taping of this segment? (And I'm guessing they rounded down, because 219 sounds a lot better than 220). Honestly, not that impressive.

  3. #83
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    That green team has the worst attitude, red team woman(sorry, bad w/names, wouldn't want to remember hers anyway) is just evil. That smile of hers was it for me, compared to her, Tracy is Mother Theresa, well I liked Tracy, she was a game player, but she had a heart.

    Too bad the green team took 2 spots away from people who wanted this opportunity.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Red lady is really evil. To laugh in their faces like that... I cannot wait to see her go! And then she swore on her kids and all of that! Terrible! We know she is lying! Zero pounds in 2 weeks and then 11? We aren't stupid. She was obviously trying really hard to convince us that she was trying. Too late!

    The green teammates have attitudes but I kind of like it. Why? Because it is realistic. You don't got from the life they used to live to being worked like animals and eating nasty food without being really mad. They always make it seem like everyone is so cheerful. I know I would have punched Jillian in the face by now. And I don't even have anger problems! I don't know if I wanted Migdalia to go home. She certainly needed to go home to be with her husband before he went to war in Afghanistan and to be with her kids when dad could not be there. But then again, I think she had more to gain by staying at the ranch than her mom. I'm always a little less sympathetic with the kids. I hope Migdalia really has learned enough to teach her kids better habits.

  5. #85
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    463

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3809532;
    I like the red team. There I said it. Let the flaming arrows fly.

    I actually like it when the season is a "nice" one (like last season) and not a "mean" season (like Vicky's season), but that being said...

    If it was me on there (and I could easily qualify)- losing all that weight would be a life altering change...however....winning $250,000 would also be a life altering change for us in our current financial situation. I am a super nice- don't step on any toes- put other people first kind-of person, but I would hope that if I ever had the opportunity to alter my life in BOTH ways (weight and money), I would put my family and my future ahead of people I had barely known a month. It would be incredibly difficult, but I do understand it when 'game play' is invloved. Depending on how the chips fall, sometimes it is a necessary evil.

    I do wish people would just own up to it when they do it, though.
    I understand whet you say about how life changing the money is but...the woman was called a LIAR on national tv...several times...and prob will again. BECAUSE SHE IS ONE. She lied about something she couldn't get away with and then compounded it by denial. I think her husband (if he truly isn't in on it), suspects his wife is guilty. He SHOULD have been screaming about how his wife is honest, and ethical, and he KNOWS she would NEVER do what she is accused of. He should be threatening a defamation of character laswsuit....not quietly saying "i'm angy and have lost respect for you, Bob and Jillian" I loved Jillian refusing to stop calling her a liar, even as Bob the wus did his usual nice-nice routine, letting the Reds off the hook. Melissa is the reincarnation of that other lying bi*ch Vickie, and I hope she gets the boot asap.

  6. #86
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    463

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3809601;
    I couldn't agree more. She's lost, what, 17 lbs between the taping of the show and the taping of this segment? (And I'm guessing they rounded down, because 219 sounds a lot better than 220). Honestly, not that impressive.
    She said she gained 10 pounds when she first returned home, which is TOTALLY not surprising. From what I read, that happened to a large percentage of the previous cast members. So she's lost closer to 30 pounds.

    As for impressive...it IS impressive for any one to lose a couple of pounds a week for an extended period of time...while eating right and exercising a NORMAL amount per day (as opposed to 6-8 hours a day at the ranch)...and especially a woman, who has to deal with hormones, bloating etc. Cmon, does anyone know anyone in the real world who lost 5-10 pounds a weeks for MONTHS??? I don't.

  7. #87
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Kay, one last time:

    Are Melissa and Lance lying? Yes. I don't think anyone doubts that.

    Do the trainers have a right to call them on it? Sure. To their face. But on the scale in front of everyone? It's not something Jillian and Bob normally do, and it's not right, imo. I get the feeling that Jillian's anger is a culmination of everytime anyone has ever stepped on that scale with immunity and not lost any weight. All that anger directed at one person is hardly fair, and in a way, I hardly blame Melissa for getting her hackles up and lying and standing her ground. I'd be annoyed if Jillian decided every player in the past had a right to play this game, except me.
    They do look ridiculous lying like they are, but I don't totally blame them either. It's not always black and white.

    This show is completely set up to make a villian out of someone. Lance and Melissa won immunity, and their reward for doing so? They get to punish three other teams. Not something usually handed out with immunity, that's a "temptation" challlenge kind of thing. Did anyone listen closely to Aly's speech before the weigh-in? She pointedly said to Melissa and Lance in an unkind way: (quoted loosely) "Because of YOU someone doesn't get to vote, because of YOU, someone has a two pound disadvantage..." Uh, not because of them. It was caused by the producers, L and M only had to figure out who was getting them. Sue them for winning immunity, I guess.

    Finally, after the green team lost the weigh-in, they stepped off the scale and started screaming at Lance and Melissa (with swear words thrown in for good measure). Put in Melissa's shoes, I would be like, what the heck? too! I don't blame her for pointing out that the green team lost even without the two pound disadvantage, after having been spoken to that way.

    I'm not saying Melissa and Lance are perfect, far from it. But it's not just black and white to me. Melissa is annoying, but she knows what position she's in and she's not cowing down. I can live with that.

  8. #88
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3809532;
    I like the red team. There I said it. Let the flaming arrows fly.

    I actually like it when the season is a "nice" one (like last season) and not a "mean" season (like Vicky's season), but that being said...

    If it was me on there (and I could easily qualify)- losing all that weight would be a life altering change...however....winning $250,000 would also be a life altering change for us in our current financial situation. I am a super nice- don't step on any toes- put other people first kind-of person, but I would hope that if I ever had the opportunity to alter my life in BOTH ways (weight and money), I would put my family and my future ahead of people I had barely known a month. It would be incredibly difficult, but I do understand it when 'game play' is invloved. Depending on how the chips fall, sometimes it is a necessary evil.

    I do wish people would just own up to it when they do it, though.
    Yea, but based on her smug attitude, Melissa has absolutely no difficulty with her decisions at all. She gloats and is generally unpleasant. I will give her this since I too think she has thrown every weigh-in so far, she is probably the very best "game player" biggest loser has ever had. She was smart enough last night not to water load, or whatever else she may have been doing, to the extent that she lost "too little" weight last night.

  9. #89
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRoses;3809462;
    Next week looks exciting and I hope whoever needed the ambulance is okay.

    I wonder if the eliminated player is the person who went in th ambulance or if it was someone from a one person team.
    I was trying to post last night when the site crashed...I assume it crashed. Anyway, I rewinded the preview (I record the show for my daughter to watch on the weekend) and took note of who was shown at the weigh in. Unless they didn't show everyone it looked like Michael wasn't there. If it is him that is rushed to the hospital I won't be surprised. He is the biggest with tons of health issues. I know they all have them but with his weight and how much he lost this week...I wouldn't be surprised if his heart is weakened. A lady I work with was obese. A couple years ago she started WW. Lost a ton of weight...no more than about 2 lbs/wk...then one day had a heart attack here at work. I was told it was b/c of how heavy she was and the weight loss did a number on her heart. I don't know how true or if possible. I am not a doctor so no clue. But I wonder if Michael has similar issue next week. I pray not. It seemed serious though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  10. #90
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,522

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3809458;
    Rolling eyes at the Miggys.

    Rolling eyes at the Red Team.

    Rolling eyes at Bob.

    Just plain rolling eyes.
    Oh you poor thing. Don't strain your eyes over this show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.