+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

  1. #111
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    I don't think Lance did. I think he just had a case where he didn't work out as much as normal because of his hissy fit with Jillian.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #112
    PWS
    PWS is online now
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,974

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Well, purple girl got a lot of exercise in at least, lapping everyone, which paid off in other ways!
    I can see why Miggy doesn't want to give Melissa the satisfaction of seeing Migdalia cry... and even of letting any stranger, like Jillian, see they are hurting. She really doesn't trust easily I also think it was terrible timing for them to be on the show, with her husband off to Afghanistan while she's at the ranch. Think how she would feel if she passed up her last chances to be with him, and he was killed there. It's definitely a possibility. If she'd gone to the ranch after he left that would have been far easier for her to do (I'm assuming they had a good childcare set up arranged), although of course it would be hard for him if she couldn't email or Skype him.
    Interesting... as Miggy has lost weight she looks more and more Native American as her bone structure comes out...but she's Puerto Rican not Mexican or Central American....
    I could go along with Melissa if it were not for the smirk she had when Green didn't make the cut. I understand her saying, hey, it wasn't my 2 pounds that did you in, just don't like her obvious rejoicing... and not just a quick, can't hide my feelings smile, but a lasting grin in their faces.

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3810168;
    I could go along with Melissa if it were not for the smirk she had when Green didn't make the cut. I understand her saying, hey, it wasn't my 2 pounds that did you in, just don't like her obvious rejoicing... and not just a quick, can't hide my feelings smile, but a lasting grin in their faces.
    Hear Hear - the smile and smirk that has happened each week that she didn't lose - other folks who truly were trying would have been crying - not smiling, like she accomplished something!

  4. #114
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Watched the entire episode today.

    Thoughts:

    Red and Grey are great competitors.

    Purple may become this season's Tara. Very impressed with her work in the first and last challenge. Also has the right attitude to be in the house and take advantage of all it has to offer.

    Pink: Everytime I see them I always think mom is minime of daughter. Still both have great heart.

    That being said: You can just feel this negativity coming off the the Green Team the entire episode. If someone had done to me what the Red Team had it would just push me to work harder so I could do well in the weight in and give them the finger. They are so combative even after the weight in that if I was there I would have voted Miggy off just so Migdalia could stay and pout another week. If you want something ask nicely.

    I do think Red Team/ Melissa is game playing... just admit it, will it kill you. I loved that entire tirade Melisssa gave Jillian. Melissa was just trying to intimidate Jillian into backing off by having a hissy fit. Didn't work on Jillian or me. Lance is in a situation were he has to back his wife regardless if she is doing right or wrong because she is his wife. Hope is bites him, unfortunately Melissa is shrewd enough to know that and can manipulate him into working out with Jillian.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;3809665;
    She said she gained 10 pounds when she first returned home, which is TOTALLY not surprising. From what I read, that happened to a large percentage of the previous cast members. So she's lost closer to 30 pounds.

    As for impressive...it IS impressive for any one to lose a couple of pounds a week for an extended period of time...while eating right and exercising a NORMAL amount per day (as opposed to 6-8 hours a day at the ranch)...and especially a woman, who has to deal with hormones, bloating etc. Cmon, does anyone know anyone in the real world who lost 5-10 pounds a weeks for MONTHS??? I don't.
    I'm not saying she should lose it in a day, but it struck me as one of the weaker transformations by a lot. She's also had 3 1/2 months ~ 15-16 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3810159;
    Anyone think that Lance waterloaded (or whatever) a bit this week? He lost six this week which seems a bit low. Melissa clearly couldn't not lose this week after the whole calling out last week (as Jillian said, she had peer pressure to have a good number this week) so methinks she might have had a bit of a discussion with her husband about him being the one to pull a lower-than-usual number this week.
    That thought certainly crossed my mind.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 01-28-2010 at 12:31 AM.

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    I feel like such a dunce! The reason the contestants are getting larger each season is because they are getting taller! Ugh!

  7. #117
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3810718;
    Watched the entire episode today.

    Thoughts:

    Red and Grey are great competitors.

    Purple may become this season's Tara. Very impressed with her work in the first and last challenge. Also has the right attitude to be in the house and take advantage of all it has to offer.

    Pink: Everytime I see them I always think mom is minime of daughter. Still both have great heart.

    That being said: You can just feel this negativity coming off the the Green Team the entire episode. If someone had done to me what the Red Team had it would just push me to work harder so I could do well in the weight in and give them the finger. They are so combative even after the weight in that if I was there I would have voted Miggy off just so Migdalia could stay and pout another week. If you want something ask nicely.

    I do think Red Team/ Melissa is game playing... just admit it, will it kill you. I loved that entire tirade Melisssa gave Jillian. Melissa was just trying to intimidate Jillian into backing off by having a hissy fit. Didn't work on Jillian or me. Lance is in a situation were he has to back his wife regardless if she is doing right or wrong because she is his wife. Hope is bites him, unfortunately Melissa is shrewd enough to know that and can manipulate him into working out with Jillian.
    I agree with you but want to say something about the red team....Lance may feel he needs to back his wife but I don't agree. My wonderful husband would never back me if I lied. He may keep his mouth shut during the outburst and get very angry for the argument but he would have looked at me at in front of everyone and told me to please be quiet. I would have respected his wished and shut up. She has no respect for her husband. By how she has treated him and their discussion on the bed...she wears the pants...not him. He doesn't stand up to her at all. If I am doing something wrong my husband will say something. I want him to. I want him to point out things so I can say sorry or improve. That's just me though. I guess what got to me is how she treats him. I hate to say this but I hear that when couples loose weight or go through something that changes them that they tend to be more likely to seperate...I can see this happening with the red team. Who knows.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  8. #118
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3811010;
    I agree with you but want to say something about the red team....Lance may feel he needs to back his wife but I don't agree. My wonderful husband would never back me if I lied. He may keep his mouth shut during the outburst and get very angry for the argument but he would have looked at me at in front of everyone and told me to please be quiet. I would have respected his wished and shut up. She has no respect for her husband. By how she has treated him and their discussion on the bed...she wears the pants...not him. He doesn't stand up to her at all. If I am doing something wrong my husband will say something. I want him to. I want him to point out things so I can say sorry or improve. That's just me though. I guess what got to me is how she treats him. I hate to say this but I hear that when couples loose weight or go through something that changes them that they tend to be more likely to seperate...I can see this happening with the red team. Who knows.
    Control freak much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #119
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3811138;
    Control freak much.
    I wouldn't call Melissa a control freak, but she is most definitely the brains of the operation, whereas Lance just seems far too dumb for it, he's definitely just following her. I'll definitely call her a compulsive liar and a witch, though. The woman just can't admit she got caught in the lie, and that's not stubborn, that's bitchy.

  10. #120
    PWS
    PWS is online now
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,974

    Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

    I also had doubts about Lance's smaller than usual weight loss... maybe it was just his time...but it's as if she told him it's your turn to take one for the team.
    Having been out of town at the start of the season I've just caught up on the first show...everyone was so much more cheerful... Green had immunity and yet they clearly went all out to lose weight... Wow... what happened over the next couple of weeks... This last show was just unpleasant to watch.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.