+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kiz

Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3802870;
    ...You guys are pulling the 18lb figure out of nowhere, just based upon an average of 9lbs per week...
    I wasn't "pulling the 18 lb figure out of nowhere". I got it from a previous post.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Something is up with Melissa. Is she lying, hopefully we will find out. Maybe it is a food problem...I don't know for sure, but there is no way with the way she works out that she is not losing weight.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3802870;
    There is absolutely no way a 214lb woman in the 4th week of this activity can lose 28lbs in one week. That's a calorie deficit of 98000. So unless the stopping on 186 and the looks from both her and Jillian were completely staged in the preview... there's no other way to explain it.

You guys are pulling the 18lb figure out of nowhere, just based upon an average of 9lbs per week. Perhaps she did work out enough for an 11lb loss this week... we'll never know. But there's absolutely no way that she zeroed out over the past two weeks and then all of a sudden has a 28lb loss.
    I didn't pull the 18 lb figure out of nowhere. If she's been waterloading, and that's the only reason she lost no weight in two weeks, then it stands to reason she's really been losing about the same amount each week - 9 lbs. But even if you figure she REALLY lost, say, 18 lbs in the 3rd week (a near impossibility for a woman her size, imo - I think the record 1-week loss for a woman on the show is 13 lbs), she still would have had to waterload away 10 lbs in the 2nd week. Which seems like an awful lot to me.

I don't know - I just know there's something really funky about what's going on with Melissa. Until I see the show, I'm going to assume that the 28 lb weight loss was a manipulation, and that the expressions of shock from Melissa and Jillian had nothing to do with the 186 they showed us on the scale.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm in total agreement that Melissa's final weight during next episode's weigh-in is NOT 186. They show a lot of different numbers along the way from "previous" to "current" and 186 is not going to be her "current weight". Just a ruse to get us talking

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Umm.. is Biggest Loser going off air for the 2 weeks that the Olympics is on? That's the impression I get from next week's TV Guide.

You know if their is a 2 week hiatus that would explain Melissa's remarkable 28lb weight loss. he..he...he...
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Please don't tease me with this deliciously good news.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3804353;
    Please don't tease me with this deliciously good news.
    Which news? The 2 week hiatus or the Melissa weight loss? Or both?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Jillian posted an answer to a question from a fan on her twitter saying that her and Bob had a little spat about this topic but they are better now.. I think Bob really threw her under the bus during that exchange.. :nono
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;3802179;
    is it just me or is bob playing both sides here? i thought he would defend jillian some, did he not want to set her off, isn't that what he told jillian? so now it's like i will help you with whatever...i dunno i am a huge jillian fan so i could TOTALLY be misinterpreting..ha ha...on a side note..loved the jillian crouching tiger move on the treadmill
    "It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for someone you are not"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3804362;
    Which news? The 2 week hiatus or the Melissa weight loss? Or both?
    The 2 week hiatus.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by zeekie;3802194;
    Oh no! A new sponsor...Walgreens. Do they sell Extra sugarless gum at Walgreens, you know the one, right next door to Subway?
    Don't laugh. But in my neighborhood the Walgreens IS indeed next door to the Subway restaurant.

And you know, for all we make fun of it, the Extra gum IS indeed the most affordably priced brand.

Speaking of Extra, I actually have to go digging through my packs of it, because apparently they have a Biggest Loser sweepstakes thing inside of each pack. The grand prize is some training session with Bob (please lord no... could I trade up to Jillian, please?), but I'm more interested in the "thousands of cash prizes" they advertise.

Contest: The 3PM Snackdown Challenge »

Apparently it only applies to "specially marked" packages, but actually looking at my little pyramid of gum packages, it looks like I've got a few of them (those packs have little Biggest Loser logos on the front).

Quote Originally Posted by sfthrtd74;3804552;
    Jillian posted an answer to a question from a fan on her twitter saying that her and Bob had a little spat about this topic but they are better now.. I think Bob really threw her under the bus during that exchange.. :nono
    But Bob is always doing this crap. Its core Bob. Which is why after all these years, I think more viewers now hate him than love him. Well... at least here in Snarksville.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread