+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3802340;
    I guess the trainers are using her body language to determine that she's lying, because if neither of them worked would her, how can they say that she had to eat 7000 calories in order to lose almost nothing? I also hate that they're straight out calling her a liar, and now everyone in the house is going to be gunning for her since red team's wife is now considered a liar and a cheat? I don't care if Jillian is correct in saying that red team is scheming, she shouldn't have said what she said.... They still have to work together...
    I absolutely thought they did the right thing in calling her out! She's is lying and thinks everyone else is totally stupid to buy that she wasn't "playing" the game! You play, you pay. While it doesn't cost her yet, I hope it does cost her in the not too distant future. Previews show that she lied, so next week it will not happen, but you can bet people will not be pleased and they won't forget (at least I'm hoping they won't).

Game playing absolutely is part of it! That's a given, it's the lying and whining that annoys the crap out of me.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 01-20-2010 at 10:36 AM.

FORT Fan

Does Melissa really lose 28 pounds next week? My husband was convinced that when they showed the 186 it was not the "final" number. If she does, then I guess I have to hand it to her. The reason I've been mad at Melissa (aside from the fact that she's just plain annoying) is that she's giving the impression that she's not trying because she has immunity/is the teacher and her weight loss doesn't count. I don't like waterloading, but they all do it. And you can be serious about your weight loss and still waterload, while (imo) you can't be serious about your weight loss and just take 2 weeks off. If she really has been working hard and then waterloading, then she's an expert at it, and with the 28 lb loss she'll be back where she should be in the game next week. It's hard not to respect that.

She's still annoying, though!

Do the contestants get weighed naked? I have a conspiracy theory...Melissa is putting something in her clothing that is making the difference. I just am not buying she loses over 20lbs in the 4th week or so and has not lost a thing before that.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3802747;
    Do the contestants get weighed naked? I have a conspiracy theory...Melissa is putting something in her clothing that is making the difference. I just am not buying she loses over 20lbs in the 4th week or so and has not lost a thing before that.
    I thought of that too, captain! If she lost 28 pounds in 3 weeks, that's an average of 9+ pounds per week. Which means she waterloaded away 18 pounds this week? Pretty hard to believe. However, the contestants are weighed barefoot and in tight shorts and sports bras. She would have to be, umm..., creative, to say the least, to find a place to add weight!

I was talking about it at work. We think the sports bra good hiding spot. Heck you would be shocked at what we find and where
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3802608;
    I think they get upset over it because the people who play the game don't own up to it. They make up excuses and in fact are insulting Bob and Jillian by saying their methods don't work. Bob and Jillian know if you eat so many calories and burn so many calories you are going to see results. Melissa is disaparaging their methods, their training and their livehoods. I can't blame Bob and Jillian for getting upset about players who lie about their gameplaying. In fact what is wrong about contestants gameplaying, that is unfortunately part of this show? Why lie about what you are doing? I think by this time the other players know what is going on. Lance getting upset over Bob and Jillian calling his wife a liar is a bit much too. It is a bit hypocritical.
    ITA. There is absolutely no way, none at all, that she could not be losing weight while doing the workouts and eating as instructed. If I was training someone and trying to help them, I would be pissed too.

I belong to Jillian's Facebook fan page. Unless she is an expert at photoshop or the most delusional person in the world, her personal pics and posts indicate that she & Bob are very close friends. I think that ideologically, their methods (if not their personalities) regarding training and weight loss are the same. I'm guessing that they are very much in agreement about the reasons about why people become morbidly obese and find it so difficult to help themselves. My personal feeling is that there are underlying reasons besides eating too much junk food, etc., (you have to eat a damn lot of food to become 100 lbs overweight and I don't for one second believe it's because someone has a great love for McDonald's french fries). TBL has cast Bob & Jillian as good cop/bad cop, that's all.

And I'm sorry to say that Migdalia is in a lot of denial if she thinks that she's not a role model for her children. Maybe her daughter isn't heavy now, but that can change quickly. It's not an accident of fate that when kids have parents who smoke, drink excessively, do drugs, are overweight, or participate in unhealthy and harmful activities, the children are more likely to do it too. She can expect her daughter to inherit her crappy attitude, too. Too bad it hurt her to hear it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Kiz

I also don't believe the 186 could be Melissa's final number, although she did look quite a bit thinner in the face. Unless she's a camel, she couldn't have held 18 lbs of water, so if she did have that kind of loss in one week, she must have trained and starved herself like nobody's business. Next season when there's immunity from weigh-in, they ought to keep the contestants too "busy" for bathroom breaks after the weigh-in though. That'll teach'em..lol
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I have to say...it takes me a long time to get rid of water weight...I retain really bad and if I did it on purpose...it would take me forever to loose it...not just one week...but longer.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

There is absolutely no way a 214lb woman in the 4th week of this activity can lose 28lbs in one week. That's a calorie deficit of 98000. So unless the stopping on 186 and the looks from both her and Jillian were completely staged in the preview... there's no other way to explain it.

You guys are pulling the 18lb figure out of nowhere, just based upon an average of 9lbs per week. Perhaps she did work out enough for an 11lb loss this week... we'll never know. But there's absolutely no way that she zeroed out over the past two weeks and then all of a sudden has a 28lb loss.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I can think of several things that Melissa did, lots of salt, water loading and constipation (in addition having her period).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread