+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3802340;
    I guess the trainers are using her body language to determine that she's lying, because if neither of them worked would her, how can they say that she had to eat 7000 calories in order to lose almost nothing? I also hate that they're straight out calling her a liar, and now everyone in the house is going to be gunning for her since red team's wife is now considered a liar and a cheat? I don't care if Jillian is correct in saying that red team is scheming, she shouldn't have said what she said.... They still have to work together...
    I think it is safe to say that all the other teams would have figured out that the red team's wife is a liar and a cheat if Jillian hadn't said anything...

I am so glad that I decided to cheat and look on here to see what happened tonight. After reading the posts I have decided that I am done with this show. It was enjoyable the first few seasons but the last 3 have been annoying
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I hear you, taracran. I'm tired of being directed into villians and heroes. Last season, Shay was supposed to be a big hero and Tracey was the villian. Wasn't happening for me. Tracey was crazy, but not villianous, and Shay was annoying as any contestant I've seen.

This season, they are doing the same. Well, I'm tired of it. Adios, amigos.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3802399;
    Melissa. And I'm glad I'm not the only one to like them. WHY do Bob and Jillian get to call out one team but we've seen tons of times in the past when they didn't for the same "waterloading"?? It's based on likes and dislikes, and that's it.
    And I could really do without Aly's patronizing, judgemental glares.

I liked Crazy Tracey. *shrugs*
    I liked Tracey! It IS a game, yes, the contestants are losing the weight, that's the most important thing, BUT, it is a competition, and those who remember that are the ones who go home with the 250,000. Once they're losing the pounds, and feel confident about losing the weight, that money goal is bound to be a factor.

I don't understand why people are so appauled by the game players playing the game.

I've watched every Biggest Loser - I am loving this one. The challenges are very interesting and I don't dislike any player. They know what they are getting into and they are playing the game with enthusiasm. The red team is interesting? I like the gray team and thought they played through the immunity challenge with great communication skills.

The producers of BL have changed it up enough to show that they want us to keep watching. I am looking forward to next week!

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe the red team had the nerve to mention that Michael was not working out after all that they have done. I understand gaming, but what a waste! People are going home and you are just hanging out. At least lady red doesn't have much else to lose.

As far as the white team goes, Maria only lost 4 pounds. They would have been below the yellow line no matter what. Maria was just as deserving of going home as her son. I cannot believe brown/purple chose to go against their wishes of all people.

Jillian is not for everyone. She is lucky that nobody has punched her in the face. She doesn't treat people well at all. But I think what she said or inferred about the green team's family was kind of a low blow. Jillian is certainly not a psychologist and she should leave that stuff to the professionals. And don't some people become overweight because they've learned bad habits? I don't know why Jillian thinks there needs to be some reason. I was under the impression that many people who are overweight have low self-esteem because of their weight and not because someone died when they were little or something like that...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3802399;
    WHY do Bob and Jillian get to call out one team but we've seen tons of times in the past when they didn't for the same "waterloading"?? It's based on likes and dislikes, and that's it.
    I think their anger with the game playing aspect has been accumulating over time and the red team is the proverbial straw this season. I am confident they would have gone off on anyone in Melissa's position.

I feel neutral about game playing. I accept that it will always be part of this show. I wonder why the trainers get so upset over it, though; they act like it is a personal slap in the face. Waterloading is not detrimental to their health, all of them are eating correctly and working out, so there is no harm or disrespect involved.

I think Mellissa did water load this week and last but thought it better to lie about that and claim she did not work out as hard. Not buying that for a minute. I am baffled why she thinks that this was a better answer, however.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3802602;
    I think their anger with the game playing aspect has been accumulating over time and the red team is the proverbial straw this season. I am confident they would have gone off on anyone in Melissa's position.

I feel neutral about game playing. I accept that it will always be part of this show. I wonder why the trainers get so upset over it, though; they act like it is a personal slap in the face. Waterloading is not detrimental to their health, all of them are eating correctly and working out, so there is no harm or disrespect involved.

I think Mellissa did water load this week and last but thought it better to lie about that and claim she did not work out as hard. Not buying that for a minute. I am baffled why she thinks that this was a better answer, however.
    I think they get upset over it because the people who play the game don't own up to it. They make up excuses and in fact are insulting Bob and Jillian by saying their methods don't work. Bob and Jillian know if you eat so many calories and burn so many calories you are going to see results. Melissa is disaparaging their methods, their training and their livehoods. I can't blame Bob and Jillian for getting upset about players who lie about their gameplaying. In fact what is wrong about contestants gameplaying, that is unfortunately part of this show? Why lie about what you are doing? I think by this time the other players know what is going on. Lance getting upset over Bob and Jillian calling his wife a liar is a bit much too. It is a bit hypocritical.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I thought it was entertaining, to say the least! It sure caught your interest. Now, we can have the next few weeks of Bob/Jillian/Red Team kissing and making up.

Bearcata.... perfect post. Jillian and Bob both clearly stated last night that they were just mad at Melissa for not admitting that she was playing the game. And I don't think that they would have even been half as mad as they were if she hadn't made the flippant "it's things like this that make me want to eat a cheeseburger" when they knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3802534;
    Jillian is not for everyone. She is lucky that nobody has punched her in the face. She doesn't treat people well at all. But I think what she said or inferred about the green team's family was kind of a low blow. Jillian is certainly not a psychologist and she should leave that stuff to the professionals. And don't some people become overweight because they've learned bad habits? I don't know why Jillian thinks there needs to be some reason. I was under the impression that many people who are overweight have low self-esteem because of their weight and not because someone died when they were little or something like that...
    That's exactly what Jillian did do... she told Migdalia that her daughter was going to be overweight because she was learning bad habits from Migdalia and was going to use her as a role model. She was trying to provoke a response from Migdalia... trying to get her to let loose because it was affecting her working out.

Like it or not, gaining weight is predominantly an emotional issue.

Famita.... there's no making up next week. Next week is going to be more of the same. Red Team Melissa doesn't know when to give in.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread