+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3794535;
    Heh. She doesn't spell it like she's English.
    Ooops

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3794539;
    Those nachos were killing me. I'm going on vacation in 25 days and I ate enough cookies at Christmas to send Jillian into sugar shock, so I've sworn off desserts until I leave and I'm trying to eat healthily. For some reason, the show that makes this most difficult is this one.
    Vay-cay! Awsome--hope its some place warm! Yes i thought this show would help me kick start my diet as well but no--it just makes me more depressed and want to eat more

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3794539;
    Those nachos were killing me. I'm going on vacation in 25 days and I ate enough cookies at Christmas to send Jillian into sugar shock, so I've sworn off desserts until I leave and I'm trying to eat healthily. For some reason, the show that makes this most difficult is this one.
    Sweets are my weakness....I can go rest of my life without fried and all that food they had on those plates...but ice cream, cookies, candy...now that is what it hard for me.

Walking 10 balls across a balance beam- winner gets immunity, loser gets a 2 lb disadvantage at the weigh in.

old cow

i hope the white team kicks butt! Dont wanna see either one of them go home

Ok....I am not overweight (according to the charts) and I work out every day but I have awful balance so this would be hard for me....

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3794540;
    She isn't too happy...she has to eat one of the meals....oh dear...I don't think I could eat in a week or month!!!!
    You didn't actually think she'd eat any of it (much less ALL of it)? The whole plan obviously was for her to take a single bite, as we saw, then claim it was super-gross and spit it up. She probably only agreed to the scheme because of that.

The show sends the right message (farmer's markets, blah blah etc etc) but is always kind of sledgehammery with it. Eating that crap on those plates EVERY MEAL, and in those HUGE portion sizes, is indeed gross. But everyone indulges, even Jill. She might indulge with small bits of chocolate instead of a huge plate of nachos with glowing orange cheese on it, but she certainly does indulge. Then works out like a maniac.

This show doesn't communicate a message of "moderation" all that well. Admittedly that makes sense--these people are literally addicts. Food addicts. But the message DOES get kind of bent to you and me, because frankly, most of us AREN'T. Most of us simply need to learn moderation, exercise discipline, and stuff like that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

old cow

come on white team--MOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3794547;
    Sweets are my weakness....I can go rest of my life without fried and all that food they had on those plates...but ice cream, cookies, candy...now that is what it hard for me.
    My "weakness" is breads and cheeses... but really.. it is FOOD. I have to exercise before the show though so I can feel proud of myself during the theme song

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3794547;
    Yes, that's why I had to go cold turkey on sweets. I can't just eat a handful of M&Ms, or a single cookie. By far my biggest weakness, but I like sour cream and guacamole and cheese a lot, so Mexican is high on the list as well. Fortunately, I can resist the urge of the deep fried.

+ Reply to Thread