+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Cheryl and Daris - Mother & Son

Season 9 Cheryl and Daris - Mother & Son

Cheryl gained her largest amount of weight after having three children in three years. Her family and husband's family believe that get-togethers should center on eating. Cheryl thinks it is her turn, her chance to be thin and think of herself, and not feel guilty anymore about herself or her son's weight. She would like to be able to go to the ranch and return home stronger, more confident and set an example for her grandchildren.

Daris was always an athlete and was always the big guy on the team. Daris took his size as a sign of strength by being a lineman and throwing shot put and discus, but was always self-conscious about his weight. He has never had a girlfriend, even though the girls give him plenty of attention because of his big curly hair and his funny t-shirts. He loves being the center of attention and making people laugh, but he has low confidence with women due to his weight. Daris wants to lose weight and prove to himself that he deserves one of those beautiful women that keep coming up and playing with his hair. Daris wants to be healthy and raise a family and live a long, happy life.

The Team: As competitive as they are, Cheryl and Daris always find themselves cheering for others to do well. Sometimes they butt heads with each other, but they always get the job done. There is nothing that this mother and son would not do for each other. Cheryl and Daris want this opportunity to improve their health and show everyone that losing weight and getting healthy is possible, no matter what weight you are.
    "That's Numberwang!"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 9 Cheryl and Daris - Mother & Son

I think this is going to be one of those teams that people will either love to death or hate passionately. I don't see an in between on them.

FORT Fanatic

She's only two years older than me but the weight and her timidity (at the beginning) make her seem much older. I am interested in watching her transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3788225;
    She's only two years older than me but the weight and her timidity (at the beginning) make her seem much older. I am interested in watching her transformation.
    I agree...she looks much older than she is...I think she will blossom as she loses the weight. She does seem spunky...I think I will like her!

FORT Fogey

I remember reading somewhere that being overweight makes women under age 40 look older and women above the age of 40 look younger. I don't know what happened with her. Losing weight should make her look older. Yikes!

Finally a reason to not lose weight...over 50
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3788621;
    I remember reading somewhere that being overweight makes women under age 40 look older and women above the age of 40 look younger. I don't know what happened with her. Losing weight should make her look older. Yikes!
    ??? I'm not following you on this. Why would losing weight make her look older? She's 51, so by what you read, it should make her look younger.

After 40, when you carry some extra weight it fills in lines and wrinkles that are naturally there. Losing the weight causes the wrinkles to deepen and skin to sag, both showing age. I'm on a weight loss kick and it bugs me to know this but it;s still the best for your health.

I think in Cheryl's case she's a smoker, that also adds considerable age to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmom53;3799224;
    After 40, when you carry some extra weight it fills in lines and wrinkles that are naturally there. Losing the weight causes the wrinkles to deepen and skin to sag, both showing age. I'm on a weight loss kick and it bugs me to know this but it;s still the best for your health.

I think in Cheryl's case she's a smoker, that also adds considerable age to your face.
    At 40 you really shouldn't have that many wrinkles unless you totally abused your skin with too much sun, smoking, drinking or doing drugs. Unfortunately it really shows more on a woman than a man.

As far as the wheather you look younger or older being overweight or underweight that applies more to women who are in their 60's and 70's. President Reagan's wife is a prime example of being so thin that you can see the outline of her skull and wishing she would put on about 5 to 10 lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've heard it said that at age 40 you wear the face you've earned.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast