+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 9 Cheryl and Daris - Mother & Son

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 9 Cheryl and Daris - Mother & Son

His hair reminds me of Matt's (of Matt and Suzie fame)--he needs a Suzie to cut it and spike it... maybe if he gets to the makeover!

I wanted to like this team so badly...but, so far, I am just not seeing much personality from either of them. They are just kinda boring, IMO...

To the Point

I like them. No drama is a good thing. I think they are just trying to focus on why they are there.

FORT Newbie

He loves being the center of attention and making people laugh, but he has low confidence with women due to his weight.
    Has anyone else been waiting all season for Daris to actually be funny?! Where is this guy that is apparently the center of attention?? Am I the only one confused??

FORT Newbie

I hadn't thought about it. Now that you mention it though, I haven't noticed him being funny and the center of attention either. Hmm.

FORT Fogey

I like Darius. I think what we are seeing is him slowly gaining confidence. It is a quiet and slow/inward-to-outward process, I think.

Even though he is quiet, he is thoughtful. He is actually one of the players I'd like to see go to the end because of what it would do for his confidence.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm shallow--I'd like to see him go at least until the makeover...that MUST becoming up soon, right? He, Sam, and Koli have all lost enough weight now that they could look really good with some styling.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3879277;
    I like Darius. I think what we are seeing is him slowly gaining confidence. It is a quiet and slow/inward-to-outward process, I think.

Even though he is quiet, he is thoughtful. He is actually one of the players I'd like to see go to the end because of what it would do for his confidence.
    Oh, I like him too and I don't think it's necessary to want to be the center of attention. I just thought that it was odd that they portrayed him as being that way, but it's not what we're seeing of him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Marie;3881001;
    Oh, I like him too and I don't think it's necessary to want to be the center of attention. I just thought that it was odd that they portrayed him as being that way, but it's not what we're seeing of him.
    Exactly! The first episode when he was doing a confessional, he was crying about how he's "always the funny guy". It was repeated a LOT as most things are on TBL. So I just kept waiting and waiting for him to say something witty.... but it never came to be. It's probably good for him that he's not being hilarious because often people use humor as a crutch - he's probably learning a lot more about himself without relying on being funny to make friends.

All the same, Michael's jokes around the weigh-ins just look like he's gaining confidence, and it would've been nice to see the funny side of Daris too!
    (I actually groaned but loved Michaels "Can you see my abs?!" after his first weight loss, as well as his comment about his "guns" a week or two ago)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I watched this season a little while ago, and I have to say that there's no way he should have been voted through to the finale over Koli. It robbed Koli of a deserved win. Why Daris made it over him, I don't know. The penultimate week where Daris gained weight should have shown that Koli was more deserving (unless that was reason for America to pity him...).
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 08-06-2013 at 12:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12