+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Lance and Melissa-Husband & Wife

Season 9 Lance and Melissa-Husband & Wife

Height: 6'3"
    Hometown: Aspermont, TX

Lance comes from a rural Texas farming and ranching family and was raised on meat and potatoes. Taught at a young age to finish everything on his plate, his conditioning as a child has followed him into adulthood and he cannot leave food on his plate, or anyone else's. With a booming oil industry in 2004, Lance was in high demand as a commercial diver. The industry began to tighten up its standards and Lance continued to gain weight, soon finding himself out of a job. Lance's weight has hindered his ability to earn income to support his family. Lance has the strength, stamina and determination to win the battle with his weight and begin to live a happy and healthy lifestyle, but he needs guidance on how to lose the weight.

Height: 5'6"
    Hometown: Aspermont, TX

In her late teens and early twenties, Melissa was mostly healthy while actively involved in softball and daily workouts. Then she got married and packed on a full 40 pounds during the first three years of marriage, adding another 20 following the birth of her children. During law school, Melissa chose to eat out, rather than prepare healthy meals for her family. When it comes to her clients and the courtroom, Melissa lets nothing stand in her way. Yet, when it comes to the gym, Melissa finds every excuse not to go. Losing weight will help Melissa obtain a life-long goal and develop a new lifestyle of fitness. Melissa's tenacity and sheer determination provide the mental capability to achieve her weight-loss goal, but she needs help making the most of her emotional and physical capabilities as well.

The Team: As the parents of two great kids, Lance and Melissa set very poor examples for their children when it comes to health and fitness. Evenings at the Morgan house consist of take-out, video games and hours of television. Lance and Melissa realize that now is the time to make the changes that will affect the lives of their family -- forever.

Lance - Contestants - The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

CCL

Re: Season 9 Lance and Melissa-Husband & Wife

They don't look that heavy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Melissa, especially, does not look that heavy, compared to the other female contestants. I notice they are the only husband/wife team on this season.

Ok...I am liking Lance ok, but Melissa is starting to bother me...I just don't like some of the attitude she displayed on this first episode. I hope I am wrong, but....well, we shall see! She could end up being very nice, or a real *itch!

Quote Originally Posted by diluvlabs;3787052;
    Ok...I am liking Lance ok, but Melissa is starting to bother me...I just don't like some of the attitude she displayed on this first episode. I hope I am wrong, but....well, we shall see! She could end up being very nice, or a real *itch!
    I agree. I didn't like what she said about her husband....

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I don't think I'm a fan of this team at all. Melissa seems like she is going to be a real pill (a la Heba the Horrible) and her husband just gives me the creeps for some reason. He looks to have a dead animal growing on his back too.
    Wake up and be awesome

Funny how some are saying this couple does not look that heavy. Melissa at 5'6" and 233lbs is 100lbs overwieght. Lance at 6'3" is 365lbs, about 165lbs over what he should weight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3792306;
    Funny how some are saying this couple does not look that heavy. Melissa at 5'6" and 233lbs is 100lbs overwieght. Lance at 6'3" is 365lbs, about 165lbs over what he should weight.
    It's all relative, Bearcata. Like when you decide to buy a big ol 32" television... but when you get to the store that big ol 32" tv looks downright TINY compared to the 46", 52" and 60" models displayed next to it

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3797883;
    It's all relative, Bearcata. Like when you decide to buy a big ol 32" television... but when you get to the store that big ol 32" tv looks downright TINY compared to the 46", 52" and 60" models displayed next to it
    I get that but it is funny to see the show getting larger and larger contestants and the viewing audience then starting to think a person who is 100lbs overweight or 165lbs overweight is not heavy enough to perhaps be on the show, that perceptions are being skewed to wonder why is that person even on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know...I think they've made their point now that even 500 lb. guys can lose weight (assuming he'll lose a lot), but maybe for the good of the show they should have some kind of limit....on the lower side, too... Take contestants who need to lose 50% or 55% of their weight to be at goal, whatever their starting weight is. That would rule out 500 lb. guys and most of the 400 lb. people, but also those who start at 200 lbs., or those like Melissa who "only" need to lose 100 lbs. That makes it logistically possible for everyone to win, and also means that most people will be looking pretty "normal" by the end, even if some have only lost 30% or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast