+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 9 Sherry and Ashley-Mother & Daughter

Season 9 Sherry and Ashley-Mother & Daughter

Height: 5'1"
    Hometown: Knoxville, TN

Sherry was the thinnest child in her family up until the age of 30. While successful in maintaining her weight after two children, she let it spiral out of control after the death of her husband. Sherry is embarrassed to meet new colleagues at work because of her weight. She wants to regain control of her life and needs to lose the weight to be healthy and to be around to see her daughters give her grandchildren. She knows things must change immediately to live the full, long life that she knows she deserves.

Height: 5'5"
    Hometown: Knoxville, TN

Ashley started out as a normal healthy child but developed sleep apnea early. When she was six, she had her tonsils and adenoids removed and began growing quickly. By the time she was in high school, she wore a size 14-16. Ever since then, she has continued to gain and has put on over 100 pounds. Ashley hates to run into old friends and classmates because she feels embarrassed about her weight. She feels like she is stuck in a body that does not allow her to live life, be herself, and dress in the fashion she desires. Ashley finds it hard to work at a spa that concentrates on well-being because she feels that she projects a negative image to clients.

The Team:This mother/daughter team feels that they have been overweight, out of breath and self-conscious about themselves for too long. They are each known for their outgoing characters and together they think that they can take it to another level. They are both loving and caring but also competitive and determined. They not only want to change their own lives but the lives of their family, friends, and people in their hometown.

Sherry - Contestants - The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

CCL

Re: Season 9 Sherry and Ashley-Mother & Daughter

They remind me of the previous pink team, Helen and Shannon who I didn't particularly like.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3784882;
    They remind me of the previous pink team, Helen and Shannon who I didn't particularly like.
    That's exactly the same thing I was thinking!! Why are these two women the pink team, ACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3784753;

The Team:This mother/daughter team feels that they have been overweight, out of breath and self-conscious about themselves for too long. They are each known for their outgoing characters and together they think that they can take it to another level. They are both loving and caring but also competitive and determined.
    I keep thinking of Shay when I read this. I don't know why, but that's a bad sign.

Well, I may have judged them too quickly...I thought they were ok last night...of course, I know it was only the first episode!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I don't really care for them. Ashley has a nice name though.
    Wake up and be awesome

Every week I look at Sherry and just hope she makes it to the makeover episode. She still doesn't have much of a neck and that hair style is horrible for her at her age. She needs something shorter and styled, she'll look so much better. Maybe not so blonde either.

She's not the only one there who could use a makeover, but I think she needs it the most.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda;3851983;
    Every week I look at Sherry and just hope she makes it to the makeover episode. She still doesn't have much of a neck and that hair style is horrible for her at her age. She needs something shorter and styled, she'll look so much better. Maybe not so blonde either.

She's not the only one there who could use a makeover, but I think she needs it the most.
    I agree... and even if the weight loss gives her more of a neck it's really not a good look for her. I'm not opposed to long hair on older women in principle, but it's kind of too much hair for someone of her height.
    I think she may have kept it so long and blonde because it is something that is still attractive in and of itself, and while she may feel she let her body go at least she still has her hair...

She has done very well since going home! Down to 138...with time still left until the finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

AND the hair looks SO much better!

+ Reply to Thread