+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 268

Thread: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

  1. #251
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,116

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    PEOPLE TV Watch

    On last night’s episode of The Biggest Loser, Amanda, Liz, Danny and Rudy all went home for 60 days. That is amazing! They had an entire two months before returning to the Ranch for the final weigh-in and almost another two months until the live season finale Dec. 8 (8 p.m. EST) on NBC.
    Nice to know how long the contestants were at home before the semi finale and the finale. So with Danny saying the journey took 7 months, that would mean 3 months at the ranch and 4 months at home. Remarkable how much weight all these folks lost. Hope the ones who have not reached their goal weights can continue their journeys and the ones who have reached their goal weights can maintain them.

    Merry Christmas to all and Best Wishes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #252
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3765079;
    I thought that Tracy, Danny, and possibly Rebecca all looked too skinny. But actually, if I have the weights right, they aren't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Danny is 5'11" and 191, Rebecca is 5'6" and 140, and Tracy is 5'2" and 132. Not only are those weights NOT unhealthy, they put both Rebecca and Tracy near the tops of their "healthy weight" ranges. Helen, at 5'6", weighed 117 at the finale last year. 120 would be the recommended minimum (per WW) for that height. I am 5'6", and I was happy with my weight in the 135-140 range, but no way was I too skinny. Maybe it's just all the extra skin that makes them look unhealthy?
    Probably. And the fact that a lot of people go into "eat a sandwich" advice mode too easily.

    The danger, as always, with these people is the pace they took the weight off. The actual ending weights? Since these people started even higher than previous casts, it makes sense they'd still be at the top end when we were done. And yet look even more shockingly "skinny" when marched out next to the FatHolograms.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #253
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,708

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Really? She's a natural blonde? Then she needs to go back to "blonde"
    eye make up....something in the lighter brown range. The black eyes look ridiculous with the blonde hair,,,, well, right now it is dyed, maybe it will look better when it is her real hair.
    And if he's going to still be a youth pastor they may be moving together without moving IN together... adjoining apts. that they can rent with her 100K.
    Luckily Daniel is mature for his age.... and she isn't... Hmmm I actually liked her even though it doesn't sound like it here. I agree, still an odd mix, but hey, it works for them, even as a transition into a "new" world, that's great.

    Speaking of blonde, I thought Liz's hair looked much nicer now than after the initial make over.... a nicer blonde rinse or dye job, much lighter effect..and a little shorter than before.

  4. #254
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    415

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    I've been thinking about the comments regarding Liz's outfit and I happen to like it. She and I are almost the same age (but I don't have NINE grandchildren!) and she probably is uncomfortable with the "sexy grandmother" look.

    In this day and age, too many women of a certain age try to dress like they are still in their 20's. I thought Liz's outfit was age appropriate and lovely. Why do the outfits have to be all slinky (read: Rebecca)? We discovered her new figure when she came out in the official weigh-in outfit.

    By the way, as I recall, Alli's mother also wore a similar style of suit when she did her big reveal a few years ago.

  5. #255
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Don't forget to set your calendars for January 5th, everyone! We'll barely be getting a break from this season, since TBL9 starts so soon. But the spring season always starts so early, so by now, I think we're all pretty much used to it. And remember, the episodes are 1.5 hours this time around.

    I'm actually a little excited for the new season. Even though the season likes to drag on for a (very) long time, I still keep watching. I got really behind midway, but I eventually caught up. I enjoyed this season, although it did get boring towards the end. Even though I intensely disliked the Orange-Pink Foursome, at least they filled in the "villain" role for me. As much as we hate them, the reality TV genre would be nothing without its villain(s). Danny was a decent winner. Like I said, it took me until the very end for me to change my opinion on him. I found him annoying in the beginning, but his hard work, dedication, and eventual success turned me around. Lastly, this season gave us two very memorable characters: Tracey and Abby. Love her or hate her, Tracey was the season for a while. And with Abby, I think we're all pretty tired of sob stories and how contestants like to mention them over and over again. But Abby's story was the one that truly touched us all. It was great to see her succeed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3765725;
    PEOPLE TV Watch



    Nice to know how long the contestants were at home before the semi finale and the finale. So with Danny saying the journey took 7 months, that would mean 3 months at the ranch and 4 months at home. Remarkable how much weight all these folks lost. Hope the ones who have not reached their goal weights can continue their journeys and the ones who have reached their goal weights can maintain them.

    Merry Christmas to all and Best Wishes.
    Thanks for the info, Bearcata! I think a lot of people have wondered how much time exactly these contestants spend on the ranch, and how much time they have before the finale.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  6. #256
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3766062;
    I've been thinking about the comments regarding Liz's outfit and I happen to like it. She and I are almost the same age (but I don't have NINE grandchildren!) and she probably is uncomfortable with the "sexy grandmother" look.

    In this day and age, too many women of a certain age try to dress like they are still in their 20's. I thought Liz's outfit was age appropriate and lovely. Why do the outfits have to be all slinky (read: Rebecca)? We discovered her new figure when she came out in the official weigh-in outfit.

    By the way, as I recall, Alli's mother also wore a similar style of suit when she did her big reveal a few years ago.
    I actually LOVED Liz's outfit. It was dignified and elegant. I don't think she needed to wear something that showed off her new figure anymore than this. She looked beautiful.

  7. #257
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,116

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3766302;
    I actually LOVED Liz's outfit. It was dignified and elegant. I don't think she needed to wear something that showed off her new figure anymore than this. She looked beautiful.
    Yes, I agree. Initially I was surprised that Liz wore a suit and then when I really thought about it I loved the collar on the jacket. Her outfit set a very high taste level, too bad Rebecca didn't get any fashion advice from Liz in regards to that flashy, too short ho' dress she was wearing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #258
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    I loved Liz's outfit but I just thought a dress would be better...not a slinky or tight dress but even an A-Line dress. Rebecca went too far IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be a partier or up that ally. She seems to have those tendacies which worry me for Daniel.

    Excited about next season. I think I'm going to have to give up a TV show in January...don't know how I am going to keep with all the shows I like and keep my house clean, work, spend time with my family, and work out every day. Sheez

  9. #259
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,116

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3766350;
    I loved Liz's outfit but I just thought a dress would be better...not a slinky or tight dress but even an A-Line dress. Rebecca went too far IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be a partier or up that ally. She seems to have those tendacies which worry me for Daniel.

    Excited about next season. I think I'm going to have to give up a TV show in January...don't know how I am going to keep with all the shows I like and keep my house clean, work, spend time with my family, and work out every day. Sheez
    Just ask Wind Dancer, she does it all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #260
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 12/8 Season Finale Show **** SPOILERS ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3766467;
    Just ask Wind Dancer, she does it all.
    I've tried but unless I go on 4 hours a sleep a night...no way possible!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.