+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Shay will be back next season. Even though I don't care much for her boo hooing- I think she is probably really funny in real life. I would get along with her. Same with Tracey- I always liked Tracey and thought she is probably a really great person outside of the game.

FORT Newbie

Well, I could be wrong, but WOW, it seems like there is not a whole lot of empathy for Shay's story out there. Sure, everyone felt really bad for Abby, and justifiable so, but has no one taken a look at what Shay has gone through. Equally as devastating, IMHO. I have never really liked Rudy, he always seemed so cocky, but I didn't really dislike him. That said, I am surprised that Allen and Rudy both voted to boot Shay. If they are thinking of game play, how successful is Shay at any of the challenges, any chance she will ever win immunity. NOPE! Plus, because she is still sooo heavy, she needs to drop HUGE numbers every week to just be competitive with the men. She lost 17 freaking pounds, and still ended up below the yellow line. Amanda is set, she doesn't have far to go to her goal weight, but Shay is still needing help. Plus she goes home to kids and husband (and as per Aubrey, we can see how that hinders weight loss) I agree with Jillian, Shay still is teetering on the brink between living and dying. She absolutely needs to be in the house.

I am incredibly disappointed and hope that the producers give her another chance next season. I for one would like to see her make it. And yeah she talks like a victim, because she still feels like a victim. Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3748019;
    I missed what started that whole situation with the yelling?? If Shay was falling back on an alliance that she hasn't nurtured the whole show, then I was confused? What did Rudy do last night?
    What happened was, as the challenge was starting, Rudy asked Shay if she wanted them both to make a strategy so it's just the two of them standing in the end. Shay was okay with it and shook on it with Rudy. Everybody pretty much ganged up on Liz first, but then the guys also started targeting Amanda.

After Daniel and Allen are out, the guys start ganging up on Rebecca, and suddenly on Shay, as she had been working on Danny's hoop. Shay gets upset at Rudy going back on his word, and he starts denying it, bumbling and blabbering like a smug little idiot, and it just got ugly. Because Shay had been focusing on Danny, Rudy was able to win immunity, so you can say he tricked Shay into doing the dirty work for him. Later on, when Bob meets with the group to hear about the challenge, a still visibly upset Shay decides it would be best to not talk about the incident, but Rudy, acting like some smug first-grader who beats others in a game and rubs it in their faces, rubs salt in the wounds by bringing it up and saying that it's just a game. Adding a dash of hypocresy to his jerkiness, he adds in that she "misunderstood" him.

One would think a real man would win a competition on his own instead of relying on lies and manipulation when they are not necessary, or at least have the common courtesy of manning up to his actions instead of lying and making lame excuses. Thus, I always end up agreeing with Jillian and Bob over their getting upset when the producers decide to focus more on stupid alliance-based drama than on people needing to lose weight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marviemom;3748112;
    Well, I could be wrong, but WOW, it seems like there is not a whole lot of empathy for Shay's story out there. Sure, everyone felt really bad for Abby, and justifiable so, but has no one taken a look at what Shay has gone through.
    I agree with this 100%. She has had a very challinging life.

Equally as devastating, IMHO.
    Pain is pain, and what people can endure is different. Shay's pain is real, and it is valid. For me, though, I wouldn't put Shey's difficult childhood on the same level as Abby losing her kids (I wound't want to go on if I lost my kids).

----

Reg. Rudy....I'm still not clear on last night....for some reason, I don't think the viewer got the whole story. Although, if it's true he lied to Shay, then he's off my list of favorites.

However, I think what he said when they voted was a slice of "tough love" for Shay. He basically implied that Shay didn't set any goals for herself - either at the ranch or at home, but that may have been the good kick in the ass that she needs.

FORT Fanatic

I am sympathetic to Shay but I think the difference in how people feel about Abby vs. Shay's story is that Abby's story was about learning how to love/live again whereas Shay's story (as portrayed by the editing) focused on how she "trusted" people (whom she had just met) and they kept "betraying" her. In other words, Abby was internal and Shay was external. There comes a point when Shay will have to take responsibility for her own healing instead of blaming everyone else for her pain.

For example, I was kidnapped as a child by a child molester. It was not exactly a walk in the rose garden. But, you know what? I can't go back to change what happened. But I CAN determine what my life is going to be like and what I can do to positively manage the memories/flashbacks when they occur.

Shay is not the first nor will she be the last person who grew up in circumstances similar to hers (several of my former students dealt with it, too). When she chooses to take responsibility for her pain, then she will heal and be a happy person like thousands of others that were in similar situations. Part of that responsibility is learning how to discern who to trust and who not to trust. She is so desperate to trust that she manages to recreate her painful childhood over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by marviemom;3748112 View Post
    Well, I could be wrong, but WOW, it seems like there is not a whole lot of empathy for Shay's story out there. Sure, everyone felt really bad for Abby, and justifiable so, but has no one taken a look at what Shay has gone through. Equally as devastating, IMHO. I have never really liked Rudy, he always seemed so cocky, but I didn't really dislike him. That said, I am surprised that Allen and Rudy both voted to boot Shay. If they are thinking of game play, how successful is Shay at any of the challenges, any chance she will ever win immunity. NOPE! Plus, because she is still sooo heavy, she needs to drop HUGE numbers every week to just be competitive with the men. She lost 17 freaking pounds, and still ended up below the yellow line. Amanda is set, she doesn't have far to go to her goal weight, but Shay is still needing help. Plus she goes home to kids and husband (and as per Aubrey, we can see how that hinders weight loss) I agree with Jillian, Shay still is teetering on the brink between living and dying. She absolutely needs to be in the house.

I am incredibly disappointed and hope that the producers give her another chance next season. I for one would like to see her make it. And yeah she talks like a victim, because she still feels like a victim. Case in point.
    I felt for Shay until she started tearing others down to make herself feel better and played the victim card over and over. She's an adult and needs to take responsibility.

Last night she started talking smack at Rudy during the challenge - yet a few weeks ago on the baseball challenge - she got mad at them for talking to her during the challenge. A few weeks ago, she lost 5 pounds - Abby who was less than half her size lost 4 and Shay criticized Abby for not losing enough weight. She had no room to talk.

I don't know how they would deal with having Shay back again b/c filming for TBL9 started a few months ago. That might explain why there was no update for Shay last night - she is back on the ranch and they couldn't show her at home routine. However, she did talk to Jay Leno about her current routine and how she uses a different trainer every day of the week and how many hours she works out a day depending on her work schedule. So it does sound like she is not on the ranch. Now -she might be back next fall. I am pretty sure this season went back to couples.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3747600;
    Two questions:

1) Is Jillian going to scream at everyone for voting Shay off next week?
    2) Anyone else think that dragging the gym equipment off to the Orange room hurt that alliance, in terms of things like recovery time?
    I'm wondering how Jillian will react, too. Shay wasn't one of my favorite players. I'm not sure why. But, I think she needed to stay because she still has so much weight to lose. I was surprised by the vote.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3748126;
    What happened was, as the challenge was starting, Rudy asked Shay if she wanted them both to make a strategy so it's just the two of them standing in the end. Shay was okay with it and shook on it with Rudy. Everybody pretty much ganged up on Liz first, but then the guys also started targeting Amanda.

After Daniel and Allen are out, the guys start ganging up on Rebecca, and suddenly on Shay, as she had been working on Danny's hoop. Shay gets upset at Rudy going back on his word, and he starts denying it, bumbling and blabbering like a smug little idiot, and it just got ugly. Because Shay had been focusing on Danny, Rudy was able to win immunity, so you can say he tricked Shay into doing the dirty work for him. Later on, when Bob meets with the group to hear about the challenge, a still visibly upset Shay decides it would be best to not talk about the incident, but Rudy, acting like some smug first-grader who beats others in a game and rubs it in their faces, rubs salt in the wounds by bringing it up and saying that it's just a game. Adding a dash of hypocresy to his jerkiness, he adds in that she "misunderstood" him.

One would think a real man would win a competition on his own instead of relying on lies and manipulation when they are not necessary, or at least have the common courtesy of manning up to his actions instead of lying and making lame excuses. Thus, I always end up agreeing with Jillian and Bob over their getting upset when the producers decide to focus more on stupid alliance-based drama than on people needing to lose weight.
    Wow. I guess I kind of saw it differently. When the contest first started the "older people" were spliting their hoops between more of the younger people... whereas the younger people immediately went after Liz in one group. I think Rudy naturally saw this as an abandonment of the little alliance he had just made with Shay. Those four meant to knock them out one by one, and he saw that, so he figured all bets were off. I would have thought the same thing, and would have taken one of my own to the end rather than Shay. I felt Shay consistently had a bad attitude of entitlement over it and she should have just sucked it up. If Shay hadn't joined in on the gang up, well, that would have been a different story.
    As for discussing it later, it's important to note that Shay didn't even need to bring it UP. It's a very passive aggressive approach to say... oh, something horrible happened, but we don't need to talk about it. WHY even bring it up? Shay made a huge deal out of nothing as far as I'm concerned and I'm GLAD someone in that house actually had the guts to talk back to poor little suffering Shay. A great thing about consistently playing the victim is that no matter what happens, the other person is always at fault. Rudy called her on it, and I say good for him.

That was poorly written, I apologize, I tired and not feeling well and doing the best I can. :s

CCL

The thing is - it's a show. It's not a charity. It's not a hospital caring for the sick. People don't get to stay because of any need they might have. Otherwise every week they would just automatically eliminate the person who no longer needs to be there (or needs to be there less). And, anyways, who decides that? And based on what criteria? Amount of weight to lose? Or based on personal need? If on personal need, how is that determined? Does Shay need it more because she has more to lose? Or does Liz need it more because she's older? Or does Amanda need it more because she's been heavy all her life and can't even imagine herself as a thin person? Everyone has needs. Everyone's needs are valid.
    As for Shay specifically - I do sympathize with her to an extent (her behaviour during the show did not endear me to her). She had a horrible childhood. But she's not a child anymore. She's got people that love her (a husband who was excited to see her, a sister, friends). She's not alone in the world.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3748285;
    I am pretty sure this season (TBL9) went back to couples.
    oh no, say it isn't so!! i hate that format. blah.
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread