+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Dina was let go - not a huge suprise to me actually. What was odd, was that in her update video there was no mention of her husband. When she was home, she seemed a bit down on him. As an overweight person, she should know first hand that when someone else harps on you about what you eat, it is hurtful. I wondered if there may have been problems with those two. And her son at the gym - what the heck were the producers thinking showing that!?!? I bet they got a bunch of bad feedback--way too dangerous for the kid to be there. :nono

I give kidos to all these people for losing weight. However, I think the show would be a lot better if no one left the ranch. Eliminating them from the prize money is ok but heck don't send them packing. Allow them to participate in second prize. The crying is over the top I do get tired of that. As far as I'm concerned, all of them should be overjoyed at just being there when hundreds of people applied to be on the show. Sorry Mo took the hit instead of allowing Tracey to go. That kinda ticked me off Mo should have realized this is a chance in a life time to stay and get healthy, thought that was what it was all about, guess Mo didn't see it that way. I don't see it as a team sport but put everything into saving yourself and your health. Seems Mo misunderstood and had rather be a good guy than do everything he could to stay, hundreds of people would love to have had the chance he had.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3733024;
    All great observations, k-mom.

My teen-aged son who is an athlete and a gym rat happened to be in the room when they showed Dina and her son at the gym. The first thing he said when he saw her little boy on that equipment was, "Wow, that's really dangerous." I have to believe that was a photo-op, but it was a stupid move on the part of the show. I can't believe the gym would allow that either.

I'm well aquainted with gyms and I can't believe it either.

I didn't see this scene but it really sounds like a photo op--and a very dangerous one at that.

At the very least it was sloppy on the part of the show to allow this.

Unfortunately it cements my own opinion that the show's producers care very little about such important matters as the safety of the contestants (about which I posted a lot concerning Tracey's serious illness in the first episode as the result of the show's NOT providing adeqaute hydration and adequate monitoring for the contestants.)

They also seem not to care about giving out good info about basic safety and basic health info either.

They have this great platform for disseminating good info to millions of people--and all they seem to care about is the "drama."

I also think the restaurant scenes were set ups. Obviously, many of these families have deep rooted food issues, but I don't believe that they'd be going out to eat like that when the BL hopeful was there for a week long family visit. That's a little too far fetched.

I did see this and found it very disturbing. It put the family in a very bad light. Which I don't think they probably deserved. What restaurant puts that much food out without any orders at all?

I've been to lots of different kinds of restaurants--including some very high-priced ones--and even they don't put copious quantities of food out before anyone has ordered.

Again--I felt that was set up by the show.

Really appalling when you think about it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Sorry Mo took the hit instead of allowing Tracey to go. That kinda ticked me off Mo should have realized this is a chance in a life time to stay and get healthy, thought that was what it was all about, guess Mo didn't see it that way. I don't see it as a team sport but put everything into saving yourself and your health. Seems Mo misunderstood and had rather be a good guy than do everything he could to stay, hundreds of people would love to have had the chance he had.
    Well, I think every one there, with the possible exception of Abby, are there to lose weight and play the game. If it was just a weight loss show, I wouldn't understand either why Mo chose to go. But, he's a coach, and he recognized that his injuries were going to hold back his 'team.' Plus, he must have felt confident about doing well at home, and he has done well!! I say good for him to not allow the team to villianize Tracey, who was pulling good numbers for the team. In the name of the game, and it IS a game, it was the best choice for that team.

I agree that the restaurant scenes were somewhat set up, probably. But Danny didn't even GO to a restaurant, so they couldn't set him up. A lot of this is based on contestant's choices. Shay had to know her family would eat when they went out, and yet she chose to put herself through it. I'm not feeling poor pities for any of them.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I have to say one other thing...

I LOVE this show. I love that it is a weight loss show and we get to see these people change their lives in dramatic ways. And I also love that it is a true reality show, competitive and crazy at times, and bringing the best and worst out of people. I like the drama. And I love the crazy people. lol
    There are times when I get frustrated, last season when they had them running marathons after only a few months of working out and getting fit. It seemed a bit excessive. But, overall, I watch it because I like it.
    I refuse to watch something I hate, and then spend my life bashing it on boards. It would be like me watching Jon and Kate plus Eight just so I can say something bad about it. I hate that show, so I don't watch it, and I'm certainly not going to talk about it, and bring anyone down about their favourite show.
    I'm not saying that if a person is frustrated with a show, they don't have a right to express their frustrations via message boards or forums. It's dang awful when a favourite show disappoints you. The Biggest Loser does that for me sometimes. Last year, I had to make a concious decision as to whether I was going to just let this show go because I disagreed with some of it, or if I was going to accept it for what it was and embrace the crazy. I chose the latter.

I just personally get tired of people who watch shows and never have anything nice to say about them. Why watch? I understand if you like a show, and you get frustrated some times (for example, there were those who didn't like that Probst wasn't there for a challenge on Survivor) but if you disagree with a show fundamentally, why watch, first of all, and then post that over and over and bring everyone down?

That's just the way I feel about it. This post is not directed at anyone specifically, and if the mods feel I'm being insulting to other members, I'm sorry for that. I'm just expressing my views for the sake of making posting here more enjoyable. In responses, I may find that most people disagree with me, that these views aren't shared, and that's cool. It would be good to know one way or the other.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3732896;

Regarding Dina's departure.....she wasn't as "robust" about this experience as others seem to be and she really didn't seem to connect closely with people. I'm not surprised she got voted off. I was extremely impressed by her post-show snippet, though. Is she married or was the guy she went home to her husband? Either way, he seemed like an insensitive ass. I was glad that he wasn't shown in Dina's final scenes. Hopefully she broke it off with that dweeb and finds someone who rises to her level. I never connected with Dina on screen, but I believe Shay's assessment is correct. Dina could be/do anything she wants in life. The fact that she is a janitor making what I'm sure is a pittance is an outright shame.
    !
    That's her husband. I thought it was sweet that he was wearing a suit when she came home and the son had flowers. I don't know why she had to take her son to the gym though - if she hadn't been sent home her husband (or the babysitter or whoever) would have been watching him, so why couldn't that continue? Regarding her husband's eating of the burritos etc in front of her...well, she has to realize that people are going to eat tempting things in front of her and it's up to her not to give in. And I really hate when people are all "You're going to eat that? (or do that)?," all incredulous. It's okay if it is done once in a while. Have a discussion with the guy at home and set up a system whereby you both cook healthful meals at home the majority of the time (the same holds true for Shay).

I don't know what's up with Shay. She goes on about never having anyone but then she was all excited to go see her family. And then when she got there the kids were asking her where she had been, as if they had no clue what was up with her. It just struck me as strange. That said, still do not like Shay. And I was annoyed at her comments about how the weight Abby lost was good for her but not good for the team. What about your own loss, Shay? You lost one pound more but you are double Abby's size? Nothing about that?

I honestly thought they would get rid of Abby as she is hampered with her injuries. Or Daniel because this is his second season and he's not pulling big numbers. I wish Shay had gone.

Tracey is pure comedy gold. Her reaction to losing only 4 pounds, with the whole "I will do it" diatribe to Ali...it had me laughing. And then her talk about hoping the people at home had eaten cake and drunk pop...love it.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-21-2009 at 10:25 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had a chance to watch the entire show last night and what ticked me off is Shay's attitude toward Tracey after the Blue Team voted off Coach Mo. I think Tracey wears her emotions on her sleeve. I think she was very upfront saying that she saw on the Black Teams faces that they thought she should have gone instead of Coach Mo. Come on they all said it in confessional last week, even members of her own team wanted her gone and said so. Admit it. For Shay to say she was not even thinking that is a bit of a lie.

Now that I think about it, Shay getting fed up with Tracey's drama and leaving is a big clue that unless the drama revolves around her she doesn't want to hear it or be near it. Self centered much? Insensitive to others much? And she is a social worker? Talk about lack of empathy. Also I am surprised she even has a hubby and stepchildren as that really has never been mentioned and when does she ever see them, cause she works 3 jobs? Something is just not adding up here.

As for Shay and the amount of weight she is losing. I remember Dr. Ian (Smith), from Celebrity Fit Club, and someone from Discovery Health's first Body Challenge mention that taller women, 5'8" and over, can lose weight like men do. Also since Shay is so much larger she should be losing more weight to match the same percentage of body weight lost on a smaller woman.

Did anyone else feel that they seemed to be a lack of feelings between Shay and her family. They just did not seem all that lovey dovey.

As far as the husbands or boyfriends not being sensitive to Dina and Shay, well they are the ones losing weight not the boyfriend and husband. I can see that the ladies comments may be a touch annoying to the men. The biggest impact the ladies can do is to control the food that the families are eating at home. Still it was a good moment as far as the ladies both realizing that they were eating a lot of fat and huge portions.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I am sure those restaurant scenes are staged to drive the message home to viewers that they can, indeed, eat out with friends but they have to tow the line in the face of temptation. The son in the gym was to illustrate the importance of family support. Of course gums don't allow that. He was in no danger, it was staged. I let that stuff roll on by.

The teams always lose the plot when it is time to vote someone off. In order to win you have to dismiss the notion that someone deserves to stay more than another. Bob drove this point home on last weeks show. They are all there because they need to be there. Making someone elses life your business is misguided. No one really knows who will do well at home and who will not; it is hard for everyone. Keep your eye on the prize and eliminate the person who is having the most trouble losing. Keep the ones who pull big numbers. That makes it easy in the voting room, as well. You cannot argue that logic and it takes the personal aspect out of it. When it gets close to the time that the teams are disolved it becomes another story. Then you snag a big loser who has the unfortunate drop below the yellow line.

Personally I would have voted Shay out because she is not losing enough to help the team win each week.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3733063;
    I am sure those restaurant scenes are staged to drive the message home to viewers that they can, indeed, eat out with friends but they have to tow the line in the face of temptation. The son in the gym was to illustrate the importance of family support. Of course gums don't allow that. He was in no danger, it was staged. I let that stuff roll on by.

The teams always lose the plot when it is time to vote someone off. In order to win you have to dismiss the notion that someone deserves to stay more than another. Bob drove this point home on last weeks show. They are all there because they need to be there. Making someone elses life your business is misguided. No one really knows who will do well at home and who will not; it is hard for everyone. Keep your eye on the prize and eliminate the person who is having the most trouble losing. Keep the ones who pull big numbers. That makes it easy in the voting room, as well. You cannot argue that logic and it takes the personal aspect out of it. When it gets close to the time that the teams are disolved it becomes another story. Then you snag a big loser who has the unfortunate drop below the yellow line.

Personally I would have voted Shay out because she is not losing enough to help the team win each week.
    But, but she deserves to stay. She needs it the most. Cause she had such a hard life, and she works three jobs, and she put herself through college and it because she is the biggest person EVER on the show and because she wants it more than the others, and she works harder than Julio and because the drama should be about her and not Tracey, and because whiners can be winners.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733081;
    But, but she deserves to stay. She needs it the most. Cause she had such a hard life, and she works three jobs, and she put herself through college and it because she is the biggest person EVER on the show and because she wants it more than the others, and she works harder than Julio and because the drama should be about her and not Tracey, and because whiners can be winners.

Oh and you forgot Abby didn't pull a big enough number at the weigh-in... (yet her percentage was higher than Shays)

+ Reply to Thread