+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss, Diet, and Exercise Discussion

CCL

Re: Weight Loss, Diet, and Exercise Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3776147;
    I've used it. It's a lot of fun but not challenging enough for me to replace my actual workout with. I did enjoy the yoga - when I was on summer holidays at my MIL's (she's the one who has it) I did that portion daily. I didn't much care for that little "oooh!" noise the game makes when you step on the board to be weighed.

It's a very judgmental ooh as well, isn't it? It should be all "yay" or something.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Kao

It's weird; it says different things. I've had it do the "OH!" sound, and it also says "Alright" or something like that.

I've been toying with the idea of getting the P90X Extreme Home Fitness kit after I get in better shape (ie: when all the exercises on the Wii Fit get super easy and aren't challenging, even on advanced) because of the good reviews on Amazon and from users on another forum I frequent. The price tag is kinda steep though. Anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3789579;
    It's weird; it says different things. I've had it do the "OH!" sound, and it also says "Alright" or something like that.

I've been toying with the idea of getting the P90X Extreme Home Fitness kit after I get in better shape (ie: when all the exercises on the Wii Fit get super easy and aren't challenging, even on advanced) because of the good reviews on Amazon and from users on another forum I frequent. The price tag is kinda steep though. Anyone have any experience with this?
    I don't have it but almost all my friends do the P90X and let me say..wow! One friend does it to a T...she has a killer body as a result. But it is daily for an hour and after so many weeks you get a week off and then back to it again. You have to eat healthy or you won't get the results you should get.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3789579;

If you still have a VCR, you can get the P90 program (I didn't look for the X extreme version, so don't know if they have VHS version ) for dirt cheap. I bought it for My Honey last month for something like $10 from Amazon.

I, personally, do the classic Firm videos (made in the 80's) and noticed that the exercises were pretty similar to the P90 program but more extensive/comprehensive. I'm not going for a killer ripped body--I'm going for "aging really well body" but I've been amazed by how fast I'm building muscles (and in parts of the body I didn't know had muscles) using those old workouts starring leotard-clad leaders (but, again, you need a VCR for it)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3789970;
    If you still have a VCR, you can get the P90 program (I didn't look for the X extreme version, so don't know if they have VHS version ) for dirt cheap. I bought it for My Honey last month for something like $10 from Amazon.
    Out of curiosity, I did a search for a VHS version of P90X and apparently there is. I saw a set on eBay that has a current bid of $1.29.

Sometimes it pays to hang onto outdated technology

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3789843;
    I don't have it but almost all my friends do the P90X and let me say..wow! One friend does it to a T...she has a killer body as a result. But it is daily for an hour and after so many weeks you get a week off and then back to it again. You have to eat healthy or you won't get the results you should get.
    Do you know what's needed equipment-wise? I know a co-worker who has the DVDs but I forgot to ask him. The hour-per-day committment is the main thing that I'm leery about. I work out most days but there will be one day a week for sure that I won't have the time.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

JulieAnn - I have those same "The Firm" videos at home, they can be pretty cheesy, but they do work! Unfortunately, my VCR is broken at the moment, well, it has a tape stuck in it, and I can't get the tape out... so I can't get my 80's workout fix in!!! I do have some of their newer ones on DVD, but I just don't get into them as much, although I probably need to break them out. Now if I can only get myself up in the morning and do them before work!!

Speaking of working out, off to the gym.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I never tried those "Firm" videos... but I did used to do the "of Steel" ones. *blushes* Anyone else used to have abs and buns of steel? :p

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3793706;
    I never tried those "Firm" videos... but I did used to do the "of Steel" ones. *blushes* Anyone else used to have abs and buns of steel? :p
    I did!!!! They are still at my parents house but I remember using them in college...oh dear....Buns of Steel, Abs of Steel, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3790230;
    Do you know what's needed equipment-wise? I know a co-worker who has the DVDs but I forgot to ask him. The hour-per-day committment is the main thing that I'm leery about. I work out most days but there will be one day a week for sure that I won't have the time.
    I know you don't need a lot but I will email her and find out for sure. I'll let you tonight or tomorrow.....sorry I just replied to your post....I'm so busy with year end (yeah....I'm an accoutant) that I haven't read any posts or watched TV in over a week...but not missing BL tonight!!!!

+ Reply to Thread