+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tracey - Season 8

FORT Fan

Re: Tracey - Season 8

Interestingly, Tracey is the nicest of the contestants that I have as a FB friend. She's encouraging and always responds personally to my comments. I don't see her as a "jerk." I don't necessarily agree with the moves she's made in the game, but I think she has a strategy. Personally, if I had the power to choose teams, I'd be splitting up the partners (which seems to be her strategy).

And I truly don't get all the drama about being split from your partner. They were all still there in the same gym and they were all still supporting and encouraging each other. Wouldn't it be a good strategy to have your partner on the other team? That way you could keep up with what's happening with both. Seemed to work well for Ron and Mike last season!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3728316;
    Interestingly, Tracey is the nicest of the contestants that I have as a FB friend. She's encouraging and always responds personally to my comments. I don't see her as a "jerk." I don't necessarily agree with the moves she's made in the game, but I think she has a strategy. Personally, if I had the power to choose teams, I'd be splitting up the partners (which seems to be her strategy).

And I truly don't get all the drama about being split from your partner. They were all still there in the same gym and they were all still supporting and encouraging each other. Wouldn't it be a good strategy to have your partner on the other team? That way you could keep up with what's happening with both. Seemed to work well for Ron and Mike last season!
    The drama does seem over the top but you have to consider their emotional state. They are exhausted, hurting, eating austere food (not very satisfying from what they show) and have no contact with friends or family. I can understand it to a point. Amy has been holding herself together and her entire family was killed in one swipe. That is one strong woman.

FORT Fogey

I never disliked Tracey, but I thought she was a little looney-tune based on the first few episodes.

Now-a-days, she's turned into one of my favorites. I have no problem with how she split the teams. In fact, I was touched by what she said to Shay and Daniel.

She used reasonable amounts of logic and emotion in her decision. She is definately not a mean spirited person. All she wants is to stay.

I am disappointed in the comments Bob and Jillian (esp. Jillian). Tracey is by no means another Omarassa and for Jillian to have said such a thing speaks to Jillian's ultimate motivation, i.e. ratings.

All the whining the others are doing is simply the result of Tracey advancing with game play. It doesn't seem as if people dislike her the way they did icky Vicky.

Plus, what Tracey did was probably the best thing that could have happened to these people. They need to learn to stand on their own two feet and stop relying on others. I think she thought Shay wasn't ready for that yet, and that is why she kept her with Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3728389;
    Plus, what Tracey did was probably the best thing that could have happened to these people. They need to learn to stand on their own two feet and stop relying on others. I think she thought Shay wasn't ready for that yet, and that is why she kept her with Daniel.
    i have thought this also.

it also occurred to me that if she were to allow one team to stay intact, she would have to do the same to a second to keep the same number of people on both teams. so i have casually wondered - did she decide to keep mo with her, and choose the orange team to keep things balanced, or did she choose to keep daniel and shay together, and then choose her own team to keep it balanced. was the decision for her best interest, and benefited daniel and shay as a happy coincidence, or was it in shay's best interest, with her own benefit as a happy coincidence?

which came first, the chicken or the egg?

obviously it has no real bearing, i've just wondered a bit about how/why that decision came about. which team was it most important to her to keep intact?

could be that she wanted to split up ALL of the teams, thought that everyone there could handle it except for shay. and so the rest followed. or could be that she wanted to give herself an advantage and only share the advantage with a team she felt too weak to use it.

i'll stop rambling now
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda;3728275;
    Did anyone think it was strange last night that Tracy's video featured her husband, alone? She's a mother......where were the children? I thought that was very odd.
    Yes, as a mother myself, I thought that was rather odd. THen, I thought, maybe we just did not see the part of the video showing her kids?? I dunno...

I kind of like Tracey. She is losing weight and playing the game. No different than Tara. No one liked her supposedly because she kept winning everything, but she worked to get where she was and so does Tracey.
    There's no place like home!

CCL

Maybe she didn't want her kids on television. Some parents like to shield their children from media intrusion.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3729092;
    Maybe she didn't want her kids on television. Some parents like to shield their children from media intrusion.
    Which is something I can totally understand. I do not dislike tracy. I hope she wins.

I would agree about the kids, after what happened with Vicky and her kids and the outlashing, I would have made it a condition if I were on the show.

I also agree about breaking up the teams, these people need to rely onthemselves and stand up to themselves to change who they are and see who they want to be.

As for tracey, I think she is a little split personality (not a diagnosis) but she has thisneed to p[lay the game to stay in it and huge amounts of remorse in playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3729092;
    There is NO WAY my child would appear in a video for TV. It woule make the whole separation so much harder if I Could see, hear and not hug. The tears would have a very negative affect for me. Mr. May would be strong, loving, supportive and funny.

If I were Tracey, for this episode, I would have joined Abbey on the sidelines. She had already aliented herself enough. I think that is were Jillians comments come from. Omorosa didn't care about anyone but herself. Omorosa didn't care, but I think Travey does.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast